Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reason Vs Protools Vs FL Studios

I love all three. It depends on how comfortable you are with them. pretty much anything works as long as you have vsts. reason i have to say is a complete production studio out the box. Fl Studio is great too and its very easy for anyone to learn. Protools is good too but all these software will sound shitty if your equipment sux.

so flstudio is the better

^naw man, like everyone said it just what you are comfortable using.

software mostly comes down to the VSTs you use and shit. but to be honest, i dont really use any, and i think i do okay.

so like i said, its how you use what you got. limiting yourself can make you expand your creativity, just look at Pete Rock on the SP1200.

try em out, and which ever is most comfortable and fluid for you to use. i personally have come to like FL Studio once i got the hang of it and how to manipulate sound so it doesnt come out to digitized.

i think FL just has a nice work flow

What separates pro tools from reason and fl studio is the way it functions. The result is that only in pro tools you will have exactly the same sound when you render your song and when you play it in program(Have you ever had a situation when you render your beat and have to go back to program to fix some levels or something).?

That's why all professional studios in the world use either pro tools or logic. So if you go for mixing and mastering pro tools is a way to go. Even if you just mix hip hop which has much lesser channels than other genres of music.

For the beatmaking (what we all use daw's for) fl is my choice because it is simple and much better than cubase or nuendo when it comes to visibility and practical use. Not to mention reason which has nice vst's but it is pain in the ass to use it. And fl has really good sample editor(edison) much better tham cubase or sound forge for cutting samples.

It all depends for what you need and what you're used to in the end. But if i need something to mix and process vocals i would definitely use cubase or pro tools over fl.

im gonna cop an NI Maschine + included daw as soon as possible and ill let yall know how it is. after much research im 110% sold on buying one

Quote Originally Posted by Mumm Ra View Post
    im gonna cop an NI Maschine + included daw as soon as possible and ill let yall know how it is. after much research im 110% sold on buying one
    Any updates? Looking into getting the same.
    It's the god, god.