Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Happy 10th Birthday Iron Flag

nada ignorante

Great album still not as good as The W. This thread made me wanna listen to it again.
    N.I.

^ nice read on your blog claaa7.

I've always thought this lp is one where the sum is lesser than its parts. (The W is totally the opposite). Don't listen much, when I do tho I always think there are a lot of good tracks.

A favour to Steve Rifkind? Sounds plausible that - would explain the rushed feel.

SHAOLIN STUDENT

It's a very strange album not bad but could be better. Some good tracks like "Babies", "Iron Flag", "pinky rings", "y all been warned", "Radioactive". This shit lacked something, I don't know why. The Rza beats are lifeless and I don't understand why they put a trackmasters beat on a wu album ! Where were the wu elements like 4th Disciple and Y kim ? I don't understand the way wu elements were used by wu generals.

Quote Originally Posted by New Hills 36 View Post
    ^ nice read on your blog claaa7.

I've always thought this lp is one where the sum is lesser than its parts. (The W is totally the opposite). Don't listen much, when I do tho I always think there are a lot of good tracks.

A favour to Steve Rifkind? Sounds plausible that - would explain the rushed feel.
    thanks man and i agree with you, the last time i listened to the album i replaced "One Of Those Days" (not a bad track per se, but it's not a Wu-Tang Clan track imo) and instead use "What You In Fo", another 2001 Clan track prodcued by True Master. i also added "Spotlite" as the closing track after "Dashing".

LOUD Records was basically the biggest East Coast label in the mid and late '90s with several gold and platinum selling artists. by late 2000 and early 2001 they had lost alot of artists and the records they released didn't sell as much as before. now it was only a matter of time before the label folded - "Iron Flag" was pretty much the labels last hope but it was so rushed and because LOUD folded it had ZERO promotion.... this is also the reason there were only one single video ("Uzi").

Quote Originally Posted by The blackma View Post
    It's a very strange album not bad but could be better. Some good tracks like "Babies", "Iron Flag", "pinky rings", "y all been warned", "Radioactive". This shit lacked something, I don't know why. The Rza beats are lifeless and I don't understand why they put a trackmasters beat on a wu album ! Where were the wu elements like 4th Disciple and Y kim ? I don't understand the way wu elements were used by wu generals.
    it definitely could've been alot better and a few RZA beats were lifeless as you say but at the same time you mention almost half of the tracks he produced as the album bangers + both True and Math made dope contributions. i didn't have a problem with Trackmasters track, that beat was a killer and the generals sounded great over it. my problem is WHY IN THE HELL would RZA, Divine, Ghost and Power make sure to get a beat from NICK "FURY" LOFTIN on a fucking Clan album hahahhha - that's like a fucking parody. it's like having a Prince Bee (of PM Dawn) beat on one of the classic A Tribe Called Quest albums!
    Last edited by claaa7; 12-22-2011 at 04:40 AM.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

I like this album. Not great but not terrible.

I like "Back in the Game' better as a Beatles mash up.
    The brutal offspring of Conan and Red Sonja.