Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ALIEN PREQUEL: Prometheus -Directed By Ridley Scott.

Wow. This film is incredible 5/5. Already one of my favorite sci fi movies.

I don't wanna reveal too much but i think its as good as the first alien. Noomi Rapace and Idris Elba are excellent in it. watch out for that caesarian scene lol fuck.

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Fresh View Post
    just not a fan of the guys films. especially his camerawork - always so fucking zoomed in and shakey. dont like his films and dont like how they look

hes one of those established directors i automaticaly skip when i see his name (along with Woody Allen, Wes Anderson, Coen Brothers etc)
    then why even post in the thread at all, dumbass?

and not liking Wes Anderson and Coen Bros? smmfh

^ Word.

Just watched it there, definitly enjoyed it, i loved the plot and execution, although there a few flaws, a lot of plot holes and fuck all character development. I lot of things happen that get no explanation and there is one particular scene that i thought a big deal would have been made about it, but once it happened it was forgotten about it.

Good movie, a little frustrating, but definitly entertaining. Worth a watch.

i thought the characters were great, especially shaw and david. i don't know what more you want in a sci fi for character development. its a balance, and i feel they got it right. action, horror, suspense, interesting themes.

what would you pick out as a plot hole? also i think certain stuff was not explained on purpose.

Gettin' pretty mediocre reviews thus far... won't screen here till july 20th, so i'ma have to wait till i'll make up my own mind...

Quote Originally Posted by LIONEL HUTZ View Post
    then why even post in the thread at all, dumbass?

and not liking Wes Anderson and Coen Bros? smmfh
    he asked for our thoughts on the movie. those are my thoughts

SPOILERS

Great film, what resounded with me was the imagery- the beautiful worlds, the compelling looking Creators and the emotion they gave them.

the whole deep concepts of creation, god, of the theories you see of aliens creating humans, babylonian civilisation Sitchinesque type stuff really resounded with me and i find it very interesting.

what let me down was that the alien didnt speak to them. the moment when it stroked the robot guys head and the realism of the emotion it showed was breathtaking. but they didnt explore the aliens reasoning more or anything like that. even if it didnt give them definite answers they should have explored these concepts more.

it was almost as if the writers/ridley scott penned an awesome story, background but then in the second half they got lazy and turned it into a survival horror/Deep Space like thing, which i really wasnt feeling.

To me its like if they got Peter Jackson to do half of Lord of The Rings and then got a retard like Michael Bay to do the rest.

And I know Scott wants Prometheus to be the deeper side of the whole Aliens vs Predators thing, but I think making them part of the same universe was stupid. I want those deeper questions to be answered and i hope they do in p2.
    Last edited by Shadow Demon; 06-04-2012 at 02:28 PM.

i thought they explained the reasoning of the engineers pretty well. basically they created us to see if our planet was liveable. they planned to wipe us out with the alien virus then inhabit the planet.

survival horror/deep space thing? what did you expect lol? its an 'alien' film.

Quote Originally Posted by 2PAC HOLOGRAM View Post
    i thought they explained the reasoning of the engineers pretty well. basically they created us to see if our planet was liveable. they planned to wipe us out with the alien virus then inhabit the planet.

survival horror/deep space thing? what did you expect lol? its an 'alien' film.

oh shit lol guess i wasnt paying enough attention. still think they shoulda done more on the things i mentioned, and yeah i didnt realise it was part of the same universe till the end, i had no prior knowledge on the fiilm.

I enjoyed it. The visuals throughout the movie were awesome and Fassbender was great as per usual (Idris Elba too). The story itself was pretty muddled though and didn't make a great deal of sense.

***SPOILERS***

first of all, i need to re-watch this, perhaps on 3D cuz i saw the 2D version at such a crappy theatre and totally played myself. the resolution of the projection was so horrible that when i walked in, i thought i came into the 3D version by mistake and started looking at the crowd but no one had glasses on lol

i thought the movie was good, had all the potential to be great but the script was the weakest link and due to it failed to bring it all together.

main problem i had with Damon Lindelof's script was the character development. where certain characters were developed well, most of the sub characters never blossomed barely had any interactions amongst eachother and comes off awkward. as much i love Idris Elba and he did do a great job with what was given to him but the chemistry just wasnt there with the others. and this by no means was his fault, i take shot at the writers for this.

other aspects of the film were phenomenal i thought. cinematography, visual effects, story, introduction of the 'engineers' and so on. also, great role by Guy Pierce who always plays someone completely different in almost every film he's in, and i dig that about him.

all in all i enjoyed the film but for a full on Sci-Fi-Horror joint by Ridley Scott i felt it came off short and far from a classic.

thats my take on it after the first viewing. will come back to this thread after i watch the 3D version @ Imax on Lincoln Square.

peace.

The Smell of The Future LORD NOSE's Avatar

The trailers were better

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fresh View Post
    just not a fan of the guys films. especially his camerawork - always so fucking zoomed in and shakey. dont like his films and dont like how they look

hes one of those established directors i automaticaly skip when i see his name (along with Woody Allen, Wes Anderson, Coen Brothers etc)
    Woody and the Coens are great. wes anderson is a pretentious douche bag, but I still see his films so I can piss myself off. I'm a glutten for punishment