Thread: has anybody made more empty promises in rap than DJ PREMIER?!!?!?

Banned

Exclamation has anybody made more empty promises in rap than DJ PREMIER?!!?!?

- man of few words solo album (retitled man of too many words)
    - album with nas
    - album with KRS one
    - NYG'z album
    - pete rock vs primo album
    - even the gay white kid primo signed that did shitty sports raps knew it wasnt happening and quit

he did have time to work with mac miller though....

i remember when niggas were excited to see year round records pop off...

that was years ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think they dropped ONE album through the imprint since...

LOL

distribution sucks.. they get ONE copy in mom and pop stores...zero in chain stores...

promotion sucks...

they released the GET USED TO US compilation album to HYPE upcoming albums...

NONE of those albums dropped and the GET USED TO US comp was a total disaster in terms of building a buzz for the coming projects........... was it digital only, CD+ vinyl.. i dont fuckin know!!!!!!!!!!! its like it never happened... good one!!!!!!!!!

for being the GREATEST PRODUCER OF ALL TIME primo sure fucking SUCKS at running a label/coming through on his word!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i cant believe the NYGz havent lumped primo in frustration yet....

that album has been "getting mixed" for like 5 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

preem has no sense of urgency cuz he gets paid to sweat on stage and literally run through his catalog.. easiest job ever!!!!!!!

if im the NYGz im tying primo up and hitting him with socks full of qtrs till he drops my shit!!!!!!!!!!!

the blaq poet album was ILL but i think it wouldve been bigger if preem gave it 30 hustlers to sell out of a trunk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

all this being said...

preem is the GOAT and still drops shit like this

oh yeah preem said he was gonna drop a gangstarr DVD and a gangstarr album after g died...

RIIGGGGHHHHTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"has anybody made more empty promises in rap than DJ PREMIER?!!?!? "

yes ofc, Muggs and Breal.

Veteran Member

"- man of few words solo album (retitled man of too many words)"

He actually is not doing that album anymore, he quit that a long time ago. There was also a Fat Joe/Premier album in his vaults he hasnt released.

RZA

but yeah premo is not a businessman, he should have someone making sure these labels sign checks and shit. if he currently has a manager he needs to fire him and get a new one.

Terry Cloth Rudolph Joint Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar

Maybe he's just taking his time making sure he can find the most obscure samples possible so he can please you fagry?

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

Poet Of The Streets

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodspitta View Post
    Maybe he's just taking his time making sure he can find the most obscure samples possible so he can please you fagry?
    LOL, angry!'s still right but this made my stomach hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodspitta View Post
    genius!

Crooked I, still waiting on that debut.

he might make empty promises but he is constantly making music so its all good as far as im concerned

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MaskedAvenger View Post
    he might make empty promises but he is constantly making music so its all good as far as im concerned
    agreed...

thread should have been titled....

"PREMIER IS GOAT BUT HE SUCKS AT RUNNING HIS RECORD LABEL"

the kids name was nick javas... bounced...

LOL kid had no chance... cheesy sports punchline frat boy raps over dj premier beats on year round records?!?!!?!?!?!??!

youre looking at the biggest thing to hit since my last fart under covers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i still think the NYG'z think about harming premier time from time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hes been holding that album hostage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

signing to year round records means you are gonna be waiting for preem to remember he signed you year round!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your fav. artist's artist fatboybrandon's Avatar

I feel what you're saying about Premo angry!, I've come to the conclusion that in recent years he's got comfortable with his legend status and is past the hunger part of his life when Gangstarr was still grinding it out on major labels.

Most likely he's doing music for the enjoyment/leisure now rather than a sport because what left is there for him to prove. I agree about empty promises though, regardless of status you need to deliver the music according to promise or just don't even mention it at all.

dre
    I'm the Greatest Scientifically Inclined Mind Since Einstein!!!!

rza or dre, yeah

actually i would go with rza and wu-tang in general for the most empty promises/projects that never manifested themselves

all premo needs to do is a compilation featuring artists that are actually good and not generic mediocre nobodies and the long promised nas album and i'm good.

3 Piece & A Biscuit Crown Fried Patron's Avatar

I blame Nas as much as Premo for fucking up their album together though.

yeah, doctor andre young is the first to come to mind. he never lives up to his word, so fuck him.

wu tang (especially rza) is another. but they still release dope material on the regular, so i cant stay pissed at em.lol

but preem is up there. im glad that nick white boy jumped ship. he wasnt really all that anyway, mediocre at best.
    honestly, with the exception of nyg'z,bumpy knucks, blaq poet & mc eiht, there really wasnt many memorable mcs on that label. that comp was a let down, i barely remember it. if he really wants that shit to pop, start working with the cream of the unsigned/independent crop. hell, he could work with just about any east coast nigga he wants. sign fuckin r.a. the rugged man and do a joint album with him.
    "Fuck Wu Tang Corp" - The GZA/Genius

https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell