Thread: happy born day to the god Raekwon

Default happy born day to the god Raekwon

Jan.12th – Raekwon of The Wu-Tang Clan was born Corey Woods in Brooklyn , New York , on this day in 1970.

Raekwon also known as Chef Reakwon , Raekwon The Chef , Shallah Raekwon and Lex Diamonds joined the 9 man Wu-Tang Clan in 1992.

His lyrical impact on The Wu could be felt all over their 1999 multi-platinum debut album “Enter The Wu-Tang” – 36 Chambers , especially on their smash-hit “C.R.E.A.M.”

Raekwon has appeared on all 5 of The Wu-Tang Clan albums since , with 2007’s “8 Diagrams” being the latest.

In 1994 Raekwon signed a solo deal with Loud Records while all the while remaining a member of the red hot Wu-Tang Clan and released his debut solo single “Heaven & Hell” which was also featured in the in Miramax film “Fresh” , released the same year.

The following year Raekown released his classic debut album “Only Built 4 Cuban Linx” , an album that many argue was the best of all solo Wu projects. Wu-Tang member Ghostface Killah appeared on all the tracks for “Linx” and received a co-star like credit for the set. Other guests on the album included Nas and Blue Raspberry as well as all of the other Wu-Tang members. Hit singles off the album included “Ice Cream” , “Can It All Be So Simple” – The Remix , “Rainy Dayz” and the cult classic “Incarcerated Scarfaces”. The album like all other solo Wu projects was produced by Wu founder The RZA.

Raekwon has released 4 more solo albums since ; 1999’s “Immobilarity” , 2003’s “The Lex Diamonds Story” , 2009’s “Only Built 4 Cuban Linx..Pt.II and 2011’s “Shaolin Vs. Wu-Tang”.

Over the years Raekwon has collaborated with the likes of the late Big Pun , Fat Joe , Jadakiss , Nas , Allure , Tiffany Villareal , Lyfe Jennings and Joy Denalane to name a few.

Raekown has also appeared in the films “Black And White” , “Coalition” , “Hardrock” and the television mini-series “Kingpin”.

Seriously.. I think everyone already knows this. Enter the Wu-Tang wasn't released in 1999, but in 1993.

yeah but thats just a internet article for ppl who dun know about son. shit if u ask me id like to see a press release of all my personal achievments for my b-day...haha word betta reckognize the years in review, peace to the chef

Terry Cloth Rudolph Joint Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar

Peace to teh godz! Now lets celebrate with the evergreen classic Ice Cream Part 2!...

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -