Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Martial Artist Vs Boxer

Default Martial Artist Vs Boxer

just a thought

if a skilled martial artist were to square up against a skilled boxer lets say 4 rounds(amateur type ish). who would win in your opinion?

Tough call, but Hogan defeated Zeus

i;ve given this some thought and the concept of the martial artist punching at the center line i think that this could be a a major factor in a fight between the two

I would go with martial artist. Boxers tend not to have the highest IQ's.

some martial artist need space especially in regards to kicks

will-power plays a major role

James Toney fought Randy Couture back in 2010 and didn't make it out of the first round. He got taken down and that was the end of the fight because he had no idea how to defend or get out of that position.

The Entanet Kyng G.O.D.F.A.T.H.A.'s Avatar

in my opinion, boxers are tougher than most of your martial arts fighters. boxers normally take hundreds, if not thousands of punches to the head and body, during sparring sessions and actual matches.....the condition of competitive professional boxers and muay thai kickboxers is exceptional and the best conditioned athletes in the world......most martial artists rarely take solid shots to the chin and when they do they crumble in a heap and find themselves on the mat...

boxer vs martial arts? depends on the fighter......but i'd put my money on a good, quality boxer any day....

and for those of you movie fanatics and superhero fantasy types that watch what people do on t.v. and think they can actually do it in real life are either nieve or just plain stupid.....especially since i can guarantee that none have ever seen a REAL fight between two highly conditioned, trained athletes.....

with that being said, mike tyson would destroy both jackie chan and bruce lee on the same day easily.....jackie and bruce weighed what 145lbs each? please, do you really think that a supreme, powerful heavyweight boxing champion at his peak that was able to absorb tremendous punishment from powerful heavyweights could ever be hurt by such tiny men???????are you on crack?

do you think manny pacquiao at 147lbs could hurt any heavyweight boxer? do you think jackie chan or bruce lee hit harder than manny? this weight class type of fighter could never generate the force or power in their bodies to hurt a prime mike tyson....believing in one-inch punches or phantom kicks, c'mon man....just because a karate man can chop a block of concrete, does that mean he can do that to someones head? please, stop believing in fairy tale superhero, karatekid, mr. miyagi, santa claus bullshit and get with the program.......some of these martial arts fans are the same ones that watch a van damme or chuck norris movie, get pumped up, believe it, then go kick their dog or little sister and think they're some martial arts fighter...so what the ***?

that's why weight classes exist in all fighting sports and mma figured out pretty quick when homeboy royce gracie started having problems with bigger, stronger fighters......they had to change the rules and created weight divisions.....

i've always said that most wrestlers, martial artists and football players hide behind their weak *** chins and avoid boxing where the potential for million dollar fights can be made. but they avoid it, cause they just don't have the heart and hide behind a glass jaw. if you're a bad ***, step into the ring and throw down...then talk all the shyt you want.

lets not forget that muscle memory leads to speed

dont forget about how Joe Louis once use a punch that was similar to an one-inch

also like godfatha as it pertains to jiu-jitsu i dont think a person is going to go for a takedown. most martial artist are taught to punch at the centerline (those cats that know about tai chi, wing chun or jeet kune do know what im referring to).

i think theres pros and cons with each but it soley depends on the fighter

good points though G

the mixed martial artist would win every time

or u can say the weakest gracie in the gracie family could beat the best boxer lol
    its been done tons of times

It really depends on what we're talking about. Is the OP talking about 4 rounds of boxing or MMA? If it's 4 rounds of boxing I take the boxer all the time and vice versa.

You can bring in a boxer and match him up with an MMA guy who is a one dimensional striker like a Cheick Kongo and make the fight competitive. However, the boxer is not going to be comfortable enough to just sit back and be able to use his boxing skills. Essentially he won't be the same fighter in the cage so he would be more prone to making mistakes that a skilled MMA fighter can recognize and capitalize on. If he comes in with the attitude that he's going to stand and box then he's fucked. (see James Toney)

Your whole point about Bruce Lee/Jackie Chan (+ most of your rant) was fairly ridiculous. What does VanDamme have anything to do with MMA? I think you're in fantasy land about what MMA is. Actually, feel free to check out Pettis' ko of Benson Henderson. That looks like something that you would see in a VanDamme movie and guess what, it worked. To add to that, one of MMA's greatest champions Anderson Silva knocked out Vitor Belfort with an impressive front kick and guess who he credits for teaching him that technique? Steven Seagal.

Tell ya what, do me a favor and find the Barboza ko from last weeks UFC and tell me that MMA is all fantasy bullshit. He's only 155 lbs. and even though it may not put Tyson to sleep, even he would be dazed from that. I bet there are some 155 lb fighters who could beat Tyson in an MMA fight. A 155 lb guy with good ground skills and body control can feel like he's 300 lbs when he's on top of you.

MMA fighters not tough? See Frank Mir break Big Nog's arm because Nog is too proud to tap out. Look at his stone face as he casually lays there looking at his snapped arm like it's no big deal. Maybe you watched one Brock Lesnar fight (who is a wrestler who tried MMA) who clearly doesn't like to get hit and formed your opinion off that? If you actually watched any MMA you would not have the opinion that these guys run and hide from punishment.

Butter Bean could beat some MMA fighters. Besides him, not so much. Midget Mayweather beats his girlfriend, but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by 100pr00f View Post
    the mixed martial artist would win every time

or u can say the weakest gracie in the gracie family could beat the best boxer lol
    its been done tons of times
    I bet even Kyra can hang with the best of them. ha ha

an MMAer would win pretty easy in a no-holds-barred matchup. the boxer would be done for once they get grappled.
    Christianity = White Supremacy

MMA all day but hes got to be careful all it takes is one good punh