Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ras Kass Announces Departure From The Four Horsemen

flamboyant steez liquidswordchamber36's Avatar

Default Ras Kass Announces Departure From The Four Horsemen

The West Coast rapper explains why he's parting ways with his super group.

Ras Kass has announced that he is no longer part of The Four Horsemen, a super group that also consists of Killah Priest, Canibus and Kurupt.

In a video announcement, Ras explained his departure from the group, stating that the situation got “a little too complicated and out of hand” and “some things I don’t agree with.” He did not elaborate on the particulars of his leaving the quartet, but said that it’s “not worth the drama that’s constantly popping up.”

The foursome, also known as The HRSMN, first appeared together on the 1998 white label 12-inch single “Abide By.” In May 2011, the group revealed that it would release its official album that summer, but the LP failed to surface. RZA was said to be producing the album, which was also rumored to have a collaborative track with Slaughterhouse.

Ras Kass is currently working on his projects F.I.L.A. and Spit No Evil. Read his full statement below.

It’s been weighing heavy on me for a minute, but I have to make an announcement. After discussing with some of the people in my group and some of my other friends, things have just gotten a little too complicated and out of hand, and some things, I don’t agree with. And so I’m officially resigning out of the Horsemen. It is what it is. I’m not going to make too many more comments about it, but the bottom line is, I’m no longer part of the Horsemen. I have relationships with certain people, but some things are just too complicated and not worth the drama that’s constantly popping up. I stand firmly with dope lyricism, dope people and I think everybody’s talented, but at this particular point, there’s a lot of shit I don’t agree with, so I have to step out of it. All respect to everybody. I’m going to continue doing what I do, making my music and fucking with who I fuck with. I wish everybody the best, but I think this is the best decision for me as an artist and as a man. So there it goes. I am no longer part of Horsemen. One love, that’s it.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/i...four-horsemen/

PRODIGAL SUN

smh. slaughterhouse formed 10 years after them and dropping their 2nd album already. these old dudes broke up before they could even finish a proper release
    CHAMBERMUSIK RECORDS/ CHAMBERMUSIK SPECIAL PRODUCTS DOES NOT ENDORSE ANYTHING SAID OR WRITTEN BY THIS MESSAGE BOARD USER NAME!!!

"Sign Of The Times" coming soon

DuncanHine Monument Cakes CEITEDMOFO's Avatar

OP IS A RETARD THIS THREAD WAS ALREADY MADE IN THE HiP HOP SECTION

I think this thread was made at every section of the forum already

This is HRS-shit!!! I was really looking forward to this album.

Quote Originally Posted by don_ticallion View Post
    This is HRS-shit!!! I was really looking forward to this album.
    soft tingz, next album should called that, give the hip-hop community what they never expected.............

no vowels bitch!!!

Peace CT

This sux, but come on no album released and they formed in 98. So I guess its not a big deal. Still sux, they coulda made a banger. Peace

Platypi on the swarm!! RUSHING PLATYPUS's Avatar

What a failure this group was! No albums! Not one! WTF?

PRODIGAL SUN

they did manage a shit quality bootleg dreddy kruger mixtape style ep lol
    CHAMBERMUSIK RECORDS/ CHAMBERMUSIK SPECIAL PRODUCTS DOES NOT ENDORSE ANYTHING SAID OR WRITTEN BY THIS MESSAGE BOARD USER NAME!!!

would have been a bigger announcement if they actually had done some impact together.. shame what we could have heard from them though, all the posse cuts are great. anyone have that "abide that"?

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

dudes are gay in 2012 it seems

jsut do the album, who cares about whatever drama there is. dudes shouldnt even use the word drama to describe a situation

regardless, Ras was the weak link in the group anyways.

bring in Kool Keith, he was already known for the Four Horsemen shit anyways

PRODIGAL SUN

seriously how hard is it to do 12 16s and leave. whatever though, it still would of been 12 years too late

PRODIGAL SUN

From The Bottomless Pit Illegal Status's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Stylez View Post
    Revelation??? 4th Disciple??? What is matty talking about? I want to hear that shit!!!!

7 Golden Vampirez Poison Flowerz!'s Avatar

http://www.complex.com/tech/2009/08/...-with-the-game

Description:

"After the Game blacked his eye for mentioning his son in a diss rap, Ras Kass made a response video to show that he still has his chain and to menace his attacker. But instead of coming across as tough, his crew seems rather fructose, speaking in high voices and fondling a handful of bullets like they're balls. Game later denied it was 30 versus two, calmly explaining that it was just one guy throwing one punch at one other dude and knocking him the fuck out .

YOU AUGHTA KNOW:
    Jay 211, a.k.a. the white dude in the background, was later hospitalized after accidentally shooting himself in the head."

lololololol