Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wasted RZA Beats

I think the people saying Black Knights are dope are missing my point. Did you hear that new Black Knights song RZA produced? Did that sound like the RZA that got you interested in Wu-Tang? If his name wasn't on it, there would be nothing there to indicate his involvement. I don't want to hear him do shit that anyone could do. What separates him from other producers is the way he arranges the material he creates. What he creates is very often great because of his sample selection. Not saying he doesn't have great beats that are sample-free, but he's just playing against his own strengths because some dude approached him about not being a real musician in a sam ash 15 years ago.

"Dark Fantasy" was one of the beats he gave away that Wu wasn't interested in. He said that in the same interview where he talked about giving Nas and them ten each.

Fearless Vampire Killer UNCLE RUCKUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by -aid4afrika- View Post
    what was "They" from?
    ?

Terry Cloth Rudolph Joint Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar

Stans will still be saying The Cure will be like a '94 album even after reading this...

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

Quote Originally Posted by -aid4afrika- View Post
    ?
    "They" was another song RZA produced for Charli Baltimore's album that never came out.

1st Degree Drunken Masta dreday99's Avatar

"Jealousy" Altho i don't know if that was a RZA beat or not. but Ghost woulda murdered that loop!
    wherever u go, whatever u do, always remember the W is forever!

just a lil dude was a criminal waste of what i believe to be Rza greatest work.

yeah, yeah...the qtip cronies are gonna flame me but the fact is he didnt fit that beat. he's more suited for something mellow and laid back not hellbent menacing bangers like that.
    Christianity = White Supremacy

^I agree about the beat being one of RZA greatest work. I personally think Q-Tip blessed the track. At the very least his lyrics was related with the anime, but Freemurda almost ruined it with his stupid lyrics.
    Human Instrumentality Project

Sacrificing older life to create a new lifeform blessed with the fruit of life

I know what you mean. it's always cool to hear non wu mc's on rza beats, but I wouldn't hear that beat and think yea qtip should get on this. I like the song tho.

the only reason we even hear any of freemurder's wack shit is because he's poppa wu's son

Wu-Tang would be better off if they stopped listening to the fans.

Because fans don't know what the fuck they want.

People bitch about "Wu-Tang should stop trying to be experimental." If Wu-Tang was never "experimental," they would have never made Enter the 36 Chambers, a weird album unlike everything else in the early 90's. They also would never have made Cuban Linx, Liquid Swords, Ironman, Tical, Return to the 36 Chambers, Supreme Clientele or Wu-Tang Forever.

The past decade has been Wu-Tang trying to recreate the past. And 8 Diagrams was NOT an "experimental' album. It was a shitty compromise between RZA's new vision and Raekwon's "Let's recreate the past."

Wu-Tang needs to just make the music they want to make, and not worry about the fickle loudmouth idiots posting on message boards.

^^^ i don't think raekwon had a say in the albums production, thats why he was pissed off. the problem wasn't the albums sound or direction, it was that it was mediocre and didn't have a decent single.

I think one thing some people are missing is that short beats sometimes seem so tight because they are short. They basically leave you wanting more. I'm not saying they wouldn't still be tight if they were longer, but they would lose some of that impact.

A perfect example for me would be 5 Arch Angels. When I heard the little snipped on "The Last Shall Be First," it was like the tightest thing I had ever heard. When I heard the full song, it was still tight to me, but just didn't hit me as hard. It's like I got used to it over the course of the song. I think that's a product of sampling.
    Emotions are for the weak, so I sold mine to the highest bidder.

Quote Originally Posted by Sosa View Post
    ^^^ i don't think raekwon had a say in the albums production, thats why he was pissed off. the problem wasn't the albums sound or direction, it was that it was mediocre and didn't have a decent single.

RZA specifically mentioned changing the original Wolves beat, because Raekwon thought it was too "Black Eyed Peas."

Also, since when do Wu-Tang give a f-ck about singles?

Raekwon made "Rock N' Roll," so he shoudn't be in charge of anything, if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sosa View Post
    rae was also mad they used some beats that were supposed to be on his album on this album i think. or on rza's album instead of 8 diagrams, something like that
    Non Ignorants

RIP