Thread: GURU's Baldhead Slick & Da Click

Default GURU's Baldhead Slick & Da Click

"Baldhead Slick & Da Click" from 2001 is an album you rarely hear mentioned. i bet alot of people totally missed this one out although it's full of bangers. both GURU's performance and the beats are darker and more hardcore in nature than on his previous solo albums. this is the chance to hear GURU kick spit over beats from the likes of Pete Rock, Ayatollah, Stoupe the Enemey of Mandkind, DJ Spinna, J-Love, Alchemist and many more. there's one producer for every one of the 19 songs (only ALC has two) and there's guests on most of the songs so it's not always that coherrent but still a dope album any Gang Starr / Guru fan should check out ASAP if they haven't. there's also a DJ Premier laced joint on it. not all songs are on the Tube but here's a few:

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Yeah I bought this album back in the day, this album was meant to be a tool to showcase new talent under his wing, didn't really come off though. Still got some nice trax on there though

Angry already made this thread a while back.
    I remember because that's how I found out it existed and downloaded it.

War Tactics is my shit.

^ ah ok, missed or forgot about that.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Your fav. artist's artist fatboybrandon's Avatar

Yeah, that's a nice album. I remember it needed to grow on me after I bought it because I was so used to hearing Guru over more Premier tracks. Now that I look back, this mighta been one of Guru's best selection of outside beats.

Here's a 1996 recording of Baldhead Slick & The Click up at Pete Rock & Marley's Future Flavaz show when the album dropped. 40 minutes of music, interviews and freestyling:

http://cratesofjr.blogspot.com/2010/...-click-on.html