Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL ''STREET KUNDOE: Return 2Da Dojo LP

Quote Originally Posted by -aid4afrika- View Post
    Dope shit! yall live over by Hancock? that used to be the spot for brown and dust the trees were on Poplar
    Yooooo fam mega props for knowing abt the poplar spot
    U ain't lying bro I gave the chicks Maad money growing up for the baby blue nick bags ahahahaha man u just threw me back bro...

Well yes we out there n every where in da port

SkamPoe at instagram @kinghippoe
    FOLLOW!!

Fearless Vampire Killer UNCLE RUCKUS's Avatar

yup they had the blue bags then devils came out lol

word up^

but yo, lil insight.
    we write our own verses,
    and we draw from every thing and every where,
    from different energies and experiences past present and future, this is where our Street Kundoe teachings come in to play,
    in the beginning we used the Wu Tang as the base system or the first system,
    but as time went on we went away from that and started to extract different things from different systems and put them into our personal use,
    thats why we say ''absorb what is useful and reject what is useless to us'',
    thats the concept in Street Kundoe, using no way as the way,
    we r the way,
    & using no limitation as a limitation,
    that means we don't limit our selves, we use what is useful to us, because theres certain times where a certain art may be useful under a certain environment...

FOLLOW!!

BITE YO FUKIN HEAD OFF JIGSAW45's Avatar

you're like an angry ex girlfriend... like I said before accept it or get off my country's
    dick.
    Last edited by JIGSAW45; 02-13-2012 at 03:53 PM.

an interview on PCP just hit the nets...

lets read it together ya'll

source:
    http://dubbspotrecords.com/2012/02/1...red-group-pcp/

Dubb Spot Records

Featured Underground

Group – PCP

Dubb Spot Records got the chance to catch up with a talented underground rap group of “PCP” from Bridgeport Connecticut. We discussed their future goals, the significance of their names and how they plan on changing up the rap scene with their music.

DSR: Who are the members of PCP?

PCP: Jigsaw & Skampoe aka Jigsama BinRhymin & Jehovallah Daprophett
    PCP originally started off as a graffiti crew. Back then it was only pc as in poison clan inspired by the kung fu movie the 5 deadly venoms. Not to mention we were huge fans of the rap group Wu Tang clan and still are. And it obviously consisted of 5 graffiti writers, Snot, Chump, Drue, Dune, and myself of course. We added the P for productions as time went by because police were looking for graffiti bombers that would tag up pc. Plus PCP sounded 'cooler' lol. At that time it was all about the graffiti back then and we added other members throughout Connecticut, New York and Puerto Rico. In Puerto Rico is when I linked up with the god Skampoe after not seeing each other since we were kids, and got him down with the PCP movement. On and off we were inspired to write rap verses since those times, but our main addiction was graffiti. We got split up due to the trials and tribulations of life, but when we linked back up in the early 2000s PCP evolved into a street team. After all the years of friends becoming enemies and enemies becoming friends, we decided to put everything we wrote over a beat and start making this rap music. There are others that are affiliated with us due to family ties throughout the years but we are the face of PCP when it comes to this music. They’re out there listening so we’re reppin’ for them as well.

DSR: What is the significance of your names?

Jig: My original name was King Omen due to the origins of PCP. I gave myself the alias Jigsaw because I’m a big fan of the Saw movies. With that being said, I figured it was real corny to start naming yourself after notorious gangsters like half the rap industry did. Wu Tang was the originators of having a second name, then everybody else made it corny to do that. I figured why not be the rap serial killer? The origin of my style is battling and the things that I say in my rhymes bring my opponent to their own undoing. Jigsama Bin Rhymin is the rhyme terrorist, going against the whole system for lack of a better expression.
    Skampoe: Graffiti, I tagged Skam always, later on I moved from CT to P.R and missed my brothers so I added the P O E onto Skam as to bring my brothers with me where ever I tagged up at. I’m the second son of a band of 3 brothers, Peter, Omar & Erick, that’s where the POE comes in.

DSR: When and how did each one of you begin your journey into the world of rap music?

Jig: We became familiarized with hip-hop and rap from the mid to late eighty’s due to my older brothers rocking to Run DMC and L.L. on their boom-box. So we were introduced to rap in that era and fell in love with rap in the early ninety’s.
    Skampoe: We became disgusted with the current state of rap & Hip-Hop so we felt we’d stop listening to the radio and make our own tapes & CD’s for our personal use. Soon after we started sharing it online with others who shared our similar views and feelings about the game and how Hip-Hop was being diluted from its original raw form.

DSR: How would you describe your sound to someone who has never heard it before?
    PCP: With 4 words, BACK TO THE ESSENCE!

DSR: What influences shaped your musical style?

PCP: The golden era of Hip-Hop and Rap and us being 80′s babies. We have experienced the best years of Hip-Hop, everything from 93 to 98.

DSR: We all know that you are a group, but the group is also songwriters. What’s the easiest kind of song for you to write?

PCP: We came in this game with the intention to Destroy & Rebuild. Destroy all that wackness and rebuild with that pure uncut rawness that’s been taken away from the rap culture, so we’d have to say it’s the Battle Raps. Every time we write it’s a battle, from battling inner devils to battling a specific beat, a task or anything that we might be going through at the time. Life is a constant battle.

DSR: Who is in charge of writing the songs? Where do you draw your inspiration from?
    Skampoe: We write our own verses and we draw from everything and everywhere, from different energies and experiences past present and future. This is where our Street Kundoe teaching comes into play. In the beginning we used the rap group Wu Tang as the base system or the first system, but as time went on we went away from that and started to extract different things from different systems and put them to our personal use. That’s why we say, ”absorb what is useful and reject what is useless to us.” That’s the concept in Street Kundoe, using no way as the way. We are the way, using no limitation as a limitation that means we don’t limit ourselves, we use what is useful to us, because there’s certain times where a certain art may be useful under a certain environment.

Jig: There’s really no one person that’s in charge of writing the music. We build off each others thoughts and ideas. In other words, if I have an idea then he will add on to that if he likes it. Or if not, add something to that particular idea to morph it into something else so we both agree on it. In some cases one of us will set off a track, then the other will follow-up with his next rap verse on the strength of that first verse. A lot of our material is spontaneous but it works. The best example is the Street Kundoe album. We began production on that album based on a battle we had with a fellow emcee that pretty much told us the track “Street Kundoe” is the epitome of who we are. Skampoe sparked the idea to do an album off of the strength of that one song. And that’s what lead us to create this masterpiece called Street Kundoe: Return 2Da Dojo LP.

DSR: I noticed that you just released a video. What was your inspiration behind the/video “Dust to Dust?”

PCP: That was Skampoe’s vision. Most of our videos are usually A DAY IN THE LIFE type clips. We don’t rehearse or go in with a blueprint we just hit record and do us.

DSR: Let’s get to know a little bit more about PCP. What area do you call your hometown and what type of following do you have?

PCP: Bridgeport, Connecticut is where we are both born & raised at, it’s where we live, but we represent the TRISTATE and Puerto Rico and Cuba. It’s where our roots come from.

DSR: What is the group’s main goal at this point? Where do you possibly see yourself 5-10 years from now?

Skampoe: In a perfect world we’d like to change the route of the mainstream rap game, stop them from brain-washing the people by playing that same songs, make them realize that there is more shit to talk about on a record than money, hoes and champagne Dreams, teach them to stop catering to what the record execs want, what the record labels want, teach them to be men and not whore themselves for money. That is why we don’t ever sell our rap music. Our music will always be for free downloads. This came to us as a gift, so we must re-gift it and present it back to our people.

Jig: In my opinion I don’t think the group’s main goal is the usual cliché, to sell these records and get up out the hood. Don’t get me wrong it would be awesome to make money off of what we love to do, but we do what we do because we love the rap and hip hop culture and making our music our way. Everybody else does what the record labels want them to do and cater to what they think the public wants to hear. Back to one of the earlier questions, every day is a battle and rap and hip-hop was spawned from a generation and places in the world that constantly battles to survive. So if our words reach the ears of those people and open their eyes to the truth behind the lies, then we’ve achieved our goal. Protecting Children from Propaganda.

DSR: Are you working on any projects at the moment?
    PCP: Yes, ”Street Kundoe: Return 2Da Dojo LP” and the ”Jigsama BinRhymin: The Insurgency Chronicles-case#16316”

DSR: Where can we catch PCP blessing the mic?
    PCP: In our PCP studios and where ever DARKSTARZRECORDS label points us to.

DSR: Where can we find your music? Online, offline?
    PCP: www.wutang-corp.com/forum, www.facebook.com/therealpcp, www.darkstarzrecords.com/pcp, www.reverbnation.com/therealpcp.

DSR: What do you think needs to be brought to music in this decade and how do you plan to add to that?
    PCP: You mean besides PCP? We need to resurrect the diversity that the rap game once had. There’s too many talented emcees and artists period that are lead to believe that they have to follow the current trends in entertainment. Nobody’s bringing in any originality or their own brand of talent into the culture.

DSR: We ask all the artists we interview, what’s the best piece of advice someone’s ever given to you?
    Jig: “To all the emcees and DJs, Writers and Dancers, don’t let a muthafucka tell you, you cannot do this shit!” Freddie Foxxx aka Bumpy Knuckles in the intro to industry shakedown, his comment was directed to females that want to practice the art of rap and hip-hop but the whole entire intro was inspirational to me.

Skampoe: KILLEM ALL!!
    DSR: Thank fellas for inspiring the rap game with your music. Keep doing what you do to change the spectrum of the rap and hip hop game.

Well that’s a rap (pun intended), make sure you stay up with PCP and their music. As always Dubb Spot Records will be back with more interviews from talent rap, hip hop, r&b, etc. artists in this urban music scene, from all over the World!
    Last edited by SKAMPOE; 02-13-2012 at 05:08 PM.

FOLLOW!!

Never mind this homo yo
    he's from Scottland smh
    That should explain it all lmao
    Scottland smh
    His skirt is pissed stained.

FOLLOW!!

Fearless Vampire Killer UNCLE RUCKUS's Avatar

Fermi you are retarded son

clean up on isle STREET KUNDOE!!! lol

FOLLOW!!

lmao

BITE YO FUKIN HEAD OFF JIGSAW45's Avatar

Waaaaaake uuuuuuup!!!!!

gettin this now

Downloading right now my cpu was in dire striaghts shit was so fucked up but i think i fixxed it peace , ill hit yall back wit some thoughts

we needa collaboe more sun

we building up or next lp
    soon as every things in order i will have get on more than just one track...

and Max, thanx for inspiring this album

FOLLOW!!

im bout halfway thru so far. i must say im impressed. entertaining as fuck. love the intro, its great. sounds real like u guys were really there fightin it out. doesnt sound forced either.

man everything from the lyrics to the beats to the skits, straight fluid FIRE!!

gonna finish tonight. will be back