Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Discussion on famous broke sports players

Default Discussion on famous broke sports players

hahahhahahhaha how do these idiots continue to squander millions of dollars? They really need to teach these losers how to better handle money before they get to the pros. smh

Three-time Pro Bowl cornerback Chris McAlister has only been out of the game for a year, and already, he's telling the court system that he's broke.

McAlister is locked up in a child support battle with his ex-wife Marlene, and is trying to get his child support payments lowered. He currently owes her $11,000 per month. In documents filed to the court, claims he can't pay her because he doesn't have any money. From TMZ:

In the docs, Chris -- a 1st round NFL draft pick in 1999 who played in the league for 10 years -- states, "I have been unemployed since 2009. I have no income."

He adds, "I live in my parent's home. My parents provide me with my basic living expenses as I do not have the funds to do so."

This is a guy who's only been out of the game for one year. Who's giving him financial advice, Ric Flair? McAlister's not even officially retired. He spent 10 years with the Ravens, and was once considered one of the best corners in the game. He was with the Saints, in 2009, but didn't see a lot of playing time before being released.

In 2004, he signed a seven-year, $55 million contract. Now, some of that was money that he never saw, and he was released after five years of the contract, so it wouldn't be accurate to say he completely squandered $55 million.

But he did squander plenty. The signing bonus was reportedly $10 million, and it also included a $7.5 million roster bonus for 2005. The year before he signed the contract, he made almost $6 million. The last two years of the $55 million contract, which McAlister didn't see, were worth $8 million each.

As the Baltimore Sun points out, it wouldn't be surprising if McAlister was "broke as a joke" given his hardcore partying habits.

If the name Marlene McAlister sounds familiar, it's because her and Chris' marital issues found their way to TMZ once before. In April of last year, Marlene claimed that Chris kicked her out of his home when she refused to have an abortion.

Roger Goodell can probably go ahead and cross McAlister's name off of his list of guys to invite to speak at the rookie symposium.

fuck man wut a sad story 50 mill and he spent it all, he used to be one of my favourite corners wen he played, but c;mon man

Default Discussion on famous broke sports players

Maybe they need to have a course early on for some of these players on better ways to handle their money, especially ones that come from the projects.

-Allen Iverson has reportedly gone from 11-time NBA all-star to financial deadbeat.

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish...financial-woes

I like Iverson but I think that shit is hilarious. If some athlete, actor, whatever is making millions a year then its their own fault if they waste that money. Like I heard Nicholas Cage had to sell his bigass mansion and shit. Fuck em.

We have people who can barely afford to feed their family or pay their hospital bills and I'm supposed to feel sorry for some asshole who blew all his money on a yacht and a mansion? If you achieve that level of wealth and you can't handle it then you don't deserve it. I respect rich people who manage their money well and give to charity, I laugh my ass off at the pathetic ones who waste it all.

haha I had to go back and add this song because it rings true
    Devin the Dude speaks that truth

Last edited by Construct; 02-14-2012 at 03:23 PM.

rumor has it he's been doing hardcore drugs too
    Non Ignorants

RIP

3 Piece & A Biscuit Crown Fried Patron's Avatar

Fuck that nigga. He can't hold onto his money, that's his problem.

Banned

Iverson a fucking idiot....this really isn't surprising.

Was it surprising when Tyson went bankrupt?

Will a guy like JayZ every go bankrupt? Probably not, cuz he's intelligent.

That whole "practice" thing was Iverson in a nutshell. He just doesnt get it. He's not a big picture type of guy.

There are people like this from all tax brackets and walks of life.

Most athletes seem to manage their money well.

-

LOL@NickyTooch dissing Iverson hahahahahahahahahaha. Iverson is a idiot. I see he's been trying to come back to the NBA and now he's playing in Mexico i think LOL. I'm not surprised he's broke. He's a ghetto nigga and ghetto niggas don't know how to manage their money wisely.

Banned

you know what you are june?

You're an enabler.

Iverson offered $20,000 per game, plus goal bonuses, to play soccer

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...222447595.html

Cream of the Corp

Quote Originally Posted by DickyTouch View Post
    you know what you are june?

You're an enabler.
    I believe the proper terminology would be, compassionate and merciful.
    The hand that gives is greater than the hand that receives.

Banned

your a fucking enabler.

Giving your child 10 bucks when you know he's going to spend it on crack...

Can Iverson even play soccer? What the fuck is happening in this world?

Cream of the Corp

Iverson a fucking idiot....this really isn't surprising.
    That whole "practice" thing was Iverson in a nutshell. He just doesnt get it. He's not a big picture type of guy.
    Allen Iverson had a very valid point about that whole "practice thing"
    His point was:"Why are we having a press conference, why are we spending so much Time discussing 'practice?'"
    "NOT A GAME, BUT PRACTICE."
    Part of that issue was Iverson vs. Larry Brown, the latter being a man who was widely considered to be disagreeable by many of his players, and who had no problems snaking 1 team to go coach another. His character should come into question as frequently as Iverson's.
    It's common in all sports for veterans to have amended practice routines. Iverson was 1 of the best players in his era, by far the best player on the Sixers; and him going all out in every game is as big a part of his legacy as any statistics, awards, wins, or records. But certain people tried to use "practice" to diminish all of that.
    The sports media likes to use the phrase: "He just doesn't get it," when an athlete doesn't kiss their collective ass.
    your a fucking enabler.
    Giving your child 10 bucks when you know he's going to spend it on crack...
    Spoken like someone that doesn't have 1 loyal bone in their body, and has zero to offer anyone, monetary or otherwise.