Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Discussion on famous broke sports players

major sports leagues should teach financial management to all incoming rookies, and maybe even to vets to avoid situations like this. you can talk all the shit you want about how they go broke, but you never had millions of dollars in your hand, so you can't say you would not do the same, because talking about how you would manage your money you don't have is easier than actually managing the money when you do have it

The Thrill of It All spammy sosa's Avatar

Damn, I thought this was about Dennis Rodman.

240 pairs of sneakers? What a fat idiot

--Warren Sapp files for bankruptcy

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...180825203.html

--Allen Iverson Atlanta Mansion to Hit Foreclosure Auction

Former NBA star Allen Iverson's about to lose his massive Atlanta mansion -- because the bank is gearing up to sell the house at auction next week, TMZ has learned.

Iverson purchased the home back in 2010 for $4.5 million -- but according to official records, he defaulted on his mortgage and the bank foreclosed. Now, the home is set to be sold at auction on December 4th ... along with all the crap inside.

Iverson's currently going through a nasty divorce with his estranged wife, and he's famously been dealing with money problems ... including a nearly-million-dollar debt to a Georgia jeweler.

A.I. still has a chance to save it if he comes up with the cash before auction time ... but the clock's ticking ... fast.

Calls to Iverson's camp weren't returned.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/12/01/allen-...osure-auction/

-

LOL@Iverson losing his home hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. That's what his dumb ass gets for not paying his mortgage. What is he doing with his money? How could he be a millionaire and lose his home?

Paying tons and tons of money to his ex probably doesn't help. No bimbo should be getting 5 or 6 figures a month for child support, cause you know she's spending a lot of that money on new shoes, designer bags, and salon appts. Dudes with a lot of money should never get married or get involved seriously with somebody.

-

You're right but there's some good women even though that may be hard to believe. I've met so many asshole women but i can't stereotype all black women saying that they're golddiggers and stuck up because that's not true. I know you're gonna laugh at what i'm saying since i'm always dissing black women. I've had a few good black women before but i've been having bad experiences with black women in Maryland, Virginia, Washington DC. I had some good black women in Cleveland and i'm gonna have to go back there to look for a woman. I do think that the justice system needs to be changed when it comes to women getting a lot of money from their ex-boyfriends or ex-husbands for child support and alimony. Most women definitely can't be trusted when it comes to them getting with guys that got a lot of money and most guys that are entertainers and athletes aren't gonna stop messing with cute women because they're addicted to sex hahahahahahahahahaha.

Men need to understand that there's more than sex involved when you're in a relationship with women. So many men don't have a clue what love is. They think sex is love and it's not. Love is when you can be with a person for 36 years through the good and bad times like my parents. My mom has breast cancer and my dad is taking care of her even though she hasn't stopped working. Now that's real love because he could've left her. Male entertainers and athletes need to find women that aren't only interested in their money and there's some women out there that aren't golddiggers. Male entertainers and athletes get upset when they have to pay their ex-girlfriends or ex-wives a lot of money for child support or alimony but these guys knew what these women were about when they started dating. You can figure out what a woman is about when you've been dating for several weeks or a month.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    Men need to understand that there's more than sex involved when you're in a relationship with women. So many men don't have a clue what love is. They think sex is love and it's not.

-

What are you talking about? Black men entertainers and athletes will continue to get taken advantage of by black women as long as they're only thinking about sex when they meet black women. So they need to stop complaining about black women taking a lot of their money when they can't figure out after several weeks of dating that the black women they're meeting are golddiggers.

-Kearse house in foreclosure

Former Tennessee Titans and Philadelphia Eagles defensive end Jevon Kearse is facing foreclosure on his Pompano Beach, Fla., home according to the South Florida Business Journal.

Kearse bought the house for just over $6 million in 2004, the year he left the Titans to sign a $65 million package with the Eagles. He later took out a mortgage on the home for just over $5 million.

Kearse was the NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year in leading the Titans to the Super Bowl in 1999, and he later appeared in a Super Bowl in his first year with the Eagles.

The Eagles released him after the 2007 season, and he returned to Tennessee to play two more seasons with the Titans.

Why do you find it funny when people go broke?

I don't feel that sorry for people who brag or flaunt about having riches and then somehow lose it all.

But not all of them do that

IronSheik

Default Iverson Foreclosure: $2.8 Million Atlanta Home Lost

AI needs to take any job he can get at this point

Former NBA star Allen Iverson isn't having a good week. First, a judge skewered him Tuesday for bad parenting skills, and now he's lost his giant Atlanta mansion to foreclosure. Iverson's nearly 10,000-square-foot home on Atlanta's exclusive West Paces Ferry Road had been on the market for $2.5 million, but it was sold at auction Tuesday back to Georgia Primary Bank, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported. Iverson built the home for $4.5 million in 2009 and lived there with his wife and five kids, but he and his wife recently divorced. A current listing on the house shows the asking price at $2.8 million.

Don't think this is the first time Iverson has lost a home to foreclosure. Back in 2011, when he was shooting for the Denver Nuggets, Iverson also lost his posh $3.875 million Cherry Hills, Colo., mansion to foreclosure after defaulting on the mortgage, according to the Denver Post. Luckily, a buyer had entered into contract to buy the home before Iverson defaulted, the Post said.

Iverson's Atlanta home is quite the luxury estate, one you wouldn't expect to see on the auction block. The listing calls it "one of, if not the finest, private gated estates ever to become available in Atlanta." Iverson had sunk $4.5 million into building it with a custom bar, gourmet kitchen, master suite with "spa-like" bath and luxury accents such as copper gutters.

'

You would think after defaulting on his last two mortgages that this idiot would stop buying mansions.