3. Kanye West
    4. Nicki Minaj
    5. Lil Wayne
    6. Jay-Z
    7. Meek Mill
    8. Big Sean
    9. Wiz Khalifa
    10. Wale

Regardless of how shitty heads consider these rapeprs to be, shouldn't eminem deserve a spot on there?

Banned

I watched this shit on mtv2 and they said eminem was ranked #1 last year, but wasn't deserving for 2011

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Let me ask ya'll a question. Would you have a problem with Ross being on that list if he wasn't a cop? Nigga does make street music that most of ya'll claim ya'll like. EXCEPT!!! Those whiteboys on here who can't relate to that but can relate to rappers throwing planets in the air and blasting space cannons. And don't hit me with that "nah, he's just wack" can i get a legit answer for once? What about Wale, spits poetry rhymes from what my roommates be blasting, and No I don't listen to any of these rappers except Jay-Z and Kanye and Meek Mill and Pre-Cabin Fever Wiz....
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

'

Not sure what the hell a 'Meek Mill' is.. sounds like some sort of prairie animal

but tell me more about these Space Cannons

i feel like ross only raps about the similar topics as dudes like roc marciano and raekwon in the broadest sense. even when hes on a track w nas or rae or whoever he just sounds out of place to me. add in the fact he usually gets overshadowed.

as an mc hes ok as far as technical aspects but i don't see the appeal.

i don't really fuck with or respect either of them besides for their work ethics and business acumen, but i think ross is a better mc than lil wayne, although i enjoy waynes shit more.

it is strange eminem isn't on that list but hasn't he not dropped shit this year?
    Non Ignorants

RIP

Banned

rick ross has a stop-and-go, nursery rhyme style of rapping that's just wack, much like lil wayne. the only thing I can give him credit for is keeping the gangsta rap sub-genre in the mainstream, which some people said died out years ago. but that can't be since 2009's most acclaimed rap record was CL2, grammy or not

Quote Originally Posted by R.O.B. PT 3 View Post
    Not sure what the hell a 'Meek Mill' is.. sounds like some sort of prairie animal

but tell me more about these Space Cannons
    LMAO.
    But um, yeah warcloud, Killah priest, generic underground mc......
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Quote Originally Posted by saverio View Post
    i feel like ross only raps about the similar topics as dudes like roc marciano and raekwon in the broadest sense. even when hes on a track w nas or rae or whoever he just sounds out of place to me. add in the fact he usually gets overshadowed.

as an mc hes ok as far as technical aspects but i don't see the appeal.

i don't really fuck with or respect either of them besides for their work ethics and business acumen, but i think ross is a better mc than lil wayne, although i enjoy waynes shit more.

it is strange eminem isn't on that list but hasn't he not dropped shit this year?
    Quote Originally Posted by theheavens View Post
    rick ross has a stop-and-go, nursery rhyme style of rapping that's just wack, much like lil wayne. the only thing I can give him credit for is keeping the gangsta rap sub-genre in the mainstream, which some people said died out years ago. but that can't be since 2009's most acclaimed rap record was CL2, grammy or not
    I can respect both opinions, I can finally get a reasonable response beside the typical shit.

Bullshit list. Everybody knows Wale should be no. 1......
    "Motherfuckers say that I'm foolish, that I only talk about jewells, do you fools listen to music or do you just skim through it?" - Jay-Z

They are definitely the 10 best MCs in the game right now, lyric for lyric aint nobody touching them...

Thank fuck no rappers I listen to are on this.

Rick Ross doesn't bother me but him being #1 seems like a bit of a reach.

I think MTV realizes nobody respects their opinion on anything anymore and made Ross #1 just to stir the shit.

Attention whoring at it's finest, which is what MTV has always been about.
    Last edited by Squidgy McGubbins; 02-22-2012 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    Thanks for your hate hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

I dont listen to any of these cats either, I only got 2 Rick Ross joints in play & thats mainly because it was produced by ALC & the other is the Molasses joint. The rest of them, not my type of music.
    Last edited by GRANDMASSIVE.; 02-22-2012 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaskedAvenger View Post
    They are definitely the 10 best MCs in the game right now, lyric for lyric aint nobody touching them...

Where exactly does it claim that they are "the best MCs in the game"

fuckin idiot