Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is there much unreleased GZA shit out there?

Default Is there much unreleased GZA shit out there?

I think I've heard all his shit besides maybe some guest features, so I'm wondering what's out there that I might have missed.

I pretty much consider him the most lyrical cat of all time, along with possibly Rakim, Killah Priest and Nas, so I'm down to hear anything he spits.

Thanks
    Non Ignorants

RIP

i doubt it...besides from remixes (breaker breaker remix, arabian knight's (i think) remix of 'beneath the surface', j-love's 'fame' remix)

he seems too meticulous and too slow a worker to have accumulated a bunch of unreleased mixtapey shit like rae and ghost

Fearless Vampire Killer UNCLE RUCKUS's Avatar

yeah doubt it too considering how many verses hes re-used

lol wut u mean re-used verses?

but he has a few lesser known guest spots that are really dope, i forgtt them but someone posted em in a thread on here before.

genius,_the_-_pass_the_bone_(ft._prince_rakeem)
    genis,_the_-_words_from_the_genius_[prince_rakeem_remix]
    gza_the_genius_breaker_breaker_[remix]_(ft._inspectah_deck_&_masta_killa)
    gza_the_genius_-_chasing_dreams_(ft._esera_tualo_&_rob_report)
    gza_the_genius_-_cold_world_[bob_power_remix]_(ft._rebel_ins)
    gza_the_genius_-_cold_world_[rza_remix]_(ft._rebel_ins_&_d'angelo)
    gza_the_genius_-_labels_[gza_mix]
    gza_the_genius_-_take_it_back_to_brooklyn_(ft._ol'_dirty_bastard)
    dj_muggs_vs._gza_-_when_the_fat_lady_sings (album version + remix)

i think that's all GZA non-album songs, but like spiggity said above there's alot of dope guest verses. he also produced the song "Greyhound Pt. II" by Greyhound Experience & Killah Priest.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

any way you could upload those in a rar claaa
    Non Ignorants

RIP

You consider Rakim, Killah Priest and Nas as one of the most lyrical cats as well? First of all Nas doesn't come close to GZA. Pro Tools is more lyrical than Illmatic (his best work), I know his flow sucked and sounds like he was sleeping on the album but you can't front on the lyrics. Nas isn't that lyrical, people is seriously overrating him. Rakim is better than Nas, but is not as good as GZA. Killah Priest tells nice stories, but his technically he doesn't come close to the likes of GZA & Rakim. If you said Gift of Gab, One Be Lo or K-Rino, I couldn't disagree, but how is Nas on the same level as GZA when it comes to lyrics. His lyrics are average nowadays and after It Was Written he didn't even release a full album with great lyrics. Well, the compilation album Lost Tapes is great, but his discography is really overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by THE GENIUS View Post
    You consider Rakim, Killah Priest and Nas as one of the most lyrical cats as well? First of all Nas doesn't come close to GZA. Pro Tools is more lyrical than Illmatic (his best work), I know his flow sucked and sounds like he was sleeping on the album but you can't front on the lyrics. Nas isn't that lyrical, people is seriously overrating him. Rakim is better than Nas, but is not as good as GZA. Killah Priest tells nice stories, but his technically he doesn't come close to the likes of GZA & Rakim. If you said Gift of Gab, One Be Lo or K-Rino, I couldn't disagree, but how is Nas on the same level as GZA when it comes to lyrics. His lyrics are average nowadays and after It Was Written he didn't even release a full album with great lyrics. Well, the compilation album Lost Tapes is great, but his discography is really overrated.

Your fav. artist's artist fatboybrandon's Avatar

What's up saverio, If you haven't already heard this check out the alternate version of Animal Planet which has the beat replayed using live instrumentation and re-recorded vocals from GZA.

http://cratesofjr.blogspot.com/2010/...an-animal.html

I recorded this off a radio station here in NY called WBAI, The Wu got their start at this and a few other underground radio stations back in the early 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by THE GENIUS View Post
    Man................LOL
    There are about 6 people on the planet that would agree with you saying GZA>>>>Nas
    LOL @ mention Illmatic and Pro Tools in the same sentence, you could have atleast used Liquid Swords

Here, I'm handing out late passes

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by fatboybrandon View Post
    What's up saverio, If you haven't already heard this check out the alternate version of Animal Planet which has the beat replayed using live instrumentation and re-recorded vocals from GZA.

http://cratesofjr.blogspot.com/2010/...an-animal.html

I recorded this off a radio station here in NY called WBAI, The Wu got their start at this and a few other underground radio stations back in the early 90's.
    you think you could dl or uipload that somewhere else. i never had so much trouble tryna dl a file. also, does anyone have a good version of take it back to brooklyn with dirt n gza?

yeah same couldn't figure it out

thanks regardless brandon i didn't even know that existed
    Non Ignorants

RIP

Your fav. artist's artist fatboybrandon's Avatar

Try revisiting the post now saverio, I added a another download where you can just right-click and save.

Quote Originally Posted by ForensikZ View Post
    you think you could dl or uipload that somewhere else. i never had so much trouble tryna dl a file. also, does anyone have a good version of take it back to brooklyn with dirt n gza?
    I know I've got that on tape somewhere from the first time I ever heard it on Mr. Magic's radio show in the mid 90's. I'll up that later today.

damn thanks a whole lot for that alternative mix Brandon, i never even knew that existed and although i always loved the album version this is even better and that's from first listen. do you know if this is a remix or the original version, as in did you record this before the album came out or after if you remember?

btw, i'm 99% sure this was never released commercially. thanks again, this made my day though there's been a crazy amount of great exclusive tracks, mixtapes and albums released the last few days.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

damn after banging this two times back to back i'm very confident in this easily being the better version of the song. one of my favorite GZA songs from this era together with "Autobiography".. i of course got the actual album but next time i upload it to my iPod i will definitely replace the LP version with this. thx again for posting and keep up your great blog!