Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lauryn Hill Quality! Official Music Video, Country Gurl by Roni Poet, AR Female

Default Lauryn Hill Quality! Official Music Video, Country Gurl by Roni Poet, AR Female

Multi-talented Female Hip Hop Emcee from Arkansas! Watch my official music video, Country Gurl by Roni Poet ft. Weezie Wee!

Lauryn Hill Quality! sorry country gurl not even close, i will say you do got your own Quality, crazy poetic funky & definitely country this particular joint is not my cup of tea but do what it do shit is different which is good

hook sound like she Erykah Badu she rap like she left eye from tlc with a mix of nicki minaj. I dont like the beat. If this is the future I am pissed. Its not something i would listen to to be honest

this one sound better

When I say Lauryn Hill quality I'm comparing my lyrical ability, spiritual mindset, and raw unique talent. I could have said Tupac quality...Either way yes I am the future! & a lot of people in AR aint feeln wu style beats or that street kundoe "vaginal wort" shit so its a different culture and ear in south. this song is specifically meant to be a radio cut not street wutang style. I only expected negative from this niche forum anyway but I appreciate the views take care. also step ur video game up DARKSTARZ RECORDS...

Check this song out its probably more ur feel...less radio more lyrics over ur head...
    http://ronipoet.bandcamp.com/track/g...desert-fringes

For Southern Hip Hop This Was Aiight ....lyrically Not Close To L.Hill , More Like A Female E 40 the intro came off weird and and had me buggin ma....song was iight vid shouldve been shott in 8mm but im just being picky

Sounds like you took the criticism you asked for to the head as for stepping up the video game trust we are. We all start from somewhere to become masters of our craft. As for anything being wu style that has nothing to do with my opinion as I love all kinds of music styles and genres I simply told you what i felt but it wasn't an attack on you or your music. As long as you love your music it's cool but if you can't take what people have to say then your in the wrong field as an artist you will have to be able to handle receiving positive and negative feedback. When I stated I am pissed if this is the future I stick with it. I can still listen to The Beatles in the future and feel musical satisfaction when I listen. You have your own style and that's a good thing as artist we should all stay original but expecting everyone to like it or forced to like it to spare the artist feelings is just ridiculous. If you noticed I posted another track of yours that i stated I liked more.

Quote Originally Posted by Roni Poet View Post
    When I say Lauryn Hill quality I'm comparing my lyrical ability, spiritual mindset, and raw unique talent. I could have said Tupac quality...Either way yes I am the future! & a lot of people in AR aint feeln wu style beats or that street kundoe "vaginal wort" shit so its a different culture and ear in south. this song is specifically meant to be a radio cut not street wutang style. I only expected negative from this niche forum anyway but I appreciate the views take care. also step ur video game up DARKSTARZ RECORDS...

Check this song out its probably more ur feel...less radio more lyrics over ur head...

lol wucorp is harsh
    +reps and mega props to roni poet, you definitely doing your thing. got your own style and official music video which is dope - i have to respect that hustle when i see so many people making music for years and not taking it that far. plus, i legitimately liked it for what it is.

i especially dug your chorus singing style - you should do a few whole tracks like that

more advice - i would stay away from comparing yourself to artists who are already legends in the game. thats way too high of a bar to set for someone on the come up. you had to expect some flak for that - just stick to being roni poet

I like the Mr. T earrings, but I would try to smile a little in at least some of your pictures.

funkmaster general pRoTeChTyAnEcK's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roni Poet View Post
    I only expected negative from this niche forum anyway but I appreciate the views take care. also step ur video game up DARKSTARZ RECORDS...

lyrically comparable to Lauryn Hill? sorry. not even close. you have your own style and that's totally cool, but you come off extremely arrogant for someone who is really not hype on the mic. that is my opinion. if it makes me a negative person then you really know nothing about being an emcee aside from the fact you can use big words and have a big mouth. I thought everyone's comments were mad respectful and you basically shit on everybody. nice.
    Last edited by pRoTeChTyAnEcK; 03-08-2012 at 12:19 PM.

Cool Country Gurl

Quote Originally Posted by pRoTeChTyAnEcK View Post
    lyrically comparable to Lauryn Hill? sorry. not even close. you have your own style and that's totally cool, but you come off extremely arrogant for someone who is really not hype on the mic. that is my opinion. if it makes me a negative person then you really know nothing about being an emcee aside from the fact you can use big words and have a big mouth. I thought everyone's comments were mad respectful and you basically shit on everybody. nice.
    Not that hype on the mic?!? This was a radio version song but I def am hype on the mic. You must be delusional...
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=dm_mu_dp_trk4
    or
    or
    http://ronipoet.bandcamp.com/track/death2thedboigenre
    or any other songs for proof of my hypeness lol
    First of all, its called marketing. Take notes on how many more hits I got just by putting a legend's name in the title. Regardless, of if you see my talent comparable to hers, at the end of the day, I'm posting my video to increase my hits.

Second, I'm not arrogant but I believe I'm the best and that's the power of my mind to create my own reality.

3rd, i posted an unfinished song a year back Death2theDBoiGenre wit a sample of Ol' Dirty Bastard. All I got was peeps pickn apart the beat, no props for my lyrics, hype on the mic delivery, dedication to ODB, naw just hate.

4th, when I said wutang niche I didn't mean it as an insult...i'm a big wu fan...ol dirty bastard & Killah Priest my favs...but I meant it as everyone don't like the grungy style you either hate it or love it...it has it's niche. My Country Gurl song has to be critiqued for the art it represents not saying bogus shit like for the south it's aiight...

criticism has a proper etiquette for me to respect. you say something positive for the good that's their than you say areas for improvement

it is what it is. no hard feelings. I find yall humorous... ~ signing off from the dirt roads of Arkansas

i was actually feelin this apart from the hook. you got a good rap voice and look good in the video. somehow in the pictures you look hoodratty but w/e.

Quote Originally Posted by Sosa View Post
    i was actually feelin this apart from the hook. you got a good rap voice and look good in the video. somehow in the pictures you look hoodratty but w/e.
    lol hoodratty? ratty naw but I'll take the hood...wat w/e mean? hoodratty with elegance? lol