Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: On some real shit......

Your fav. artist's artist fatboybrandon's Avatar

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy negative opinions in Hip Hop, especially the high school lunchroom style of dissing I grew up with

^Kool G Rap vs Lord Sear, from my 2010 comedy project "Turn Up The Fuckin' Bass: A Tribute To The Comedy Of WKCR"

At the end of the day everyone is free to form their own opinion about the music and culture, but should also have a good foundation in the basics of the culture.

Seems like some many artists are caught up in chasing a sound/vision of Hip Hop that is careless of creating a bonafide classic and is instead more trendy/disposable, that's one of the main problems I see today.

I'm surprised angry didn't do one of his signature lines like -

"Mac Miller is so fuckin weak, my gran could suck his testicles out his boxers with a crack pipe then spit em back in his face and shatter his jaw"

The Entanet Kyng G.O.D.F.A.T.H.A.'s Avatar

Fuck gay ass Mac Cracka. That cracka is autistic.

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Threyev View Post
    this is basically why my ipod has so much max b.

yeah, these aren't lyrics i'm gonna tattoo across my chest, but shit got a knock to it and you can definitely ride to it.

i still cant get into mac miller, but for me it's because of his voice & flow and the fact that alot of the beats he uses are too chirpy for my taste. regardless though, i get what you're saying.

i think the best example of the "don't need to be a great emcee to drop great music" archetype in recent years is fiddy cents. his appeal has always been flows and hooks. 50 aint dropping concept joints, but he doesn't need to. even the biggest immortal tech youtube revolutionary gets hype off this shit:

[unrelated note -- fifty needs to get back on this kind of shit asap]

another one is wiz khalifa.

theres more. i definitely feel what you're saying about enjoying hip-hop more when you're open to other styles. everybody does their own shit, so rather than holding somebody to your own expectations it's a lot easier to accept what somebody's putting out and see if you can vibe with that shit

You say this but then you think Mos Def - New Danger album is garbage?

Or have you put on new glasses (so to speak) and see things differently thus hear trhem differently?

Quote Originally Posted by MAGNANIMOUS MAGMA View Post
    You say this but then you think Mos Def - New Danger album is garbage?

Or have you put on new glasses (so to speak) and see things differently thus hear trhem differently?
    1st of all -- damn you stalkin lol
    2nd -- havent listened to new danger in a minute, so i cant say

The Entanet Kyng G.O.D.F.A.T.H.A.'s Avatar

Stick your dick in his mouth Threyev.

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

Fair enough.

1st - I aint stalking just wanted to see the thread subject
    2nd - Its the last thing I remember you commenting on which has to do with this thread subject.

FUCK THAT.

Why settle for bullshit in hip hop? If Mac Miller is what you're bumping, you fucked up. A lot of hip hop is in the shitter, but there's also a lot of insane albums coming out. Shabazz Palaces' Black Up is one of the most incredible albums I've heard in recent years that I noticed got no love here. That album challenges a hip hop listener kind of like how The Cold Vein did. It has these incredible, alienated beats with some sick fucking lyrics. Then there's The Left that can't be ignored. Great hip hop is still being released, but you gotta search for it. If hip hop let you down that much, branch the fuck out to other genre's. The Mars Volta's new album is fucking GREAT! It's what's been played the most out of my speakers lately. If you're into metal, Veil of Maya just came out with a fucking heavy, melodic, outstanding album. There's great music out there to be listened to. Look for it. But for Pete's sake, don't settle for Mac Miller. You're just fucking yourself. Check out other shit.

"It's called diversity. Try it out."

^^^lolol

“It is an impressively arrogant move to conclude that just because you don’t like something, it is empirically not good. I don’t like Chinese food, but I don’t write articles trying to prove it doesn’t exist.”

da goddess Tina Fey.

I don't like Mac Miller either, but not because i have a supernatural need to conform to your taste in music.

Oh my goodness... You are absolutely right! There's NO bad music. Life makes sense now. Let me go lay on my hammock while I enjoy a Gucci Mane album and have bunnys feed me grapes.

I'm not trying to force feed you my taste in music dipspit. I'm trying to share something I find interesting in an attempt of helping someone discover something they might like. That's how music is shared.

As far as da godess Tina, I don't like metal, but don't close the entire genre off. There are obvious standouts in every genre where talent is clearly seen. When I think of hip hop, I don't think mac miller. I'm tired of people thinking everything is fucking roses, when it's not. Fucking hippies.

You have your opinion, I have mine. That's the long & short of it.

Quote Originally Posted by keeshawn123 View Post
    You have your opinion, I have mine. That's the long & short of it.
    so you agree with me.

because this wasn't what you said in the previous post.

I never said you don't have an opinion. I just said is was horseshit.

the post is right there lmao, i can read it anytime you realize this right?

to paraphrase: if you like mac miller, don't like mac miller

Your opinion: If you like bitch ass music, listen to bitch ass music.

My opinion: If you like bitch ass music, don't.

My opinion isn't going to change yours & vice versa. Read that post all you want. Have a ball.