Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: On some real shit......

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by food for thought View Post
    lol I dont know why the fuck you guys keep thinking/saying we dont like them cause theyre "not hard".
    you and alot of motherufuckas obviously do if you singled that out nigga, i need those K-os albums by the way, all of them lol
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

ahahahah oh shit i forgot i can neg rep now
    We do it for the people.

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

ahahahahah im gonna have fun with these neg rep comments
    We do it for the people.

No one who likes the beatles gives a shit about someone beind hard
    Non Ignorants

RIP

and the whole idea of just accepting whatever music is popular because that is what is popular is the most played out shit on earth.
    honestly doubt that applies to many people, much less to people on a wu-tang forum.

i go back to the tina fey quote, i think sometimes people can't stand that others have different viewpoints/tastes so they try and justify it in their own mind, "well because they're sheep/idiots" etc.

i know this is the argument, OP (to paraphrase) said people should listen to music for what it is. which is basically don't analyze the shit out of it, music is entertainment first, why are you some of you faggots hung up on how many syllables kgr can fit in a bar or how many painfully corny similies canibus packs into a song? music is just supposed to sound good to you. do you think everybody that likes mac miller would throw his cd in the trash if somebody put them onto yak ballz? hahaha.

and to others its like underground music is better because everything capitalistic is solely there to make money. but uh its the job of the record labels to make money, not the artists. and why can't something do 2 things? be entertaining and make money? the 2 concepts go pretty well together imo.
    i don't think its easy to emigrate to china...

don't get me wrong a lot of mainstream hip hop is wack sure, and some people that are not real music fans anyway (so who cares) listen to what their friends listen to and then leave high school and rarely listen to music again. and honestly my taste leans a lot more towards underground than mainstream, i just think writing something off or saying everyone that likes a few songs on the hot 97 playlist makes them somebody that wouldn't buy any record not endorsed by time warner. this an extreme arguement based on assumptions from both sides, its just not as simple as: everyone that likes underground hip hop is a communist that likes depressing music and everyone that likes mainstream hip hop is a mindless pop fan. people on here make it seem like theres no middle ground, but there is, just stop being angry and making assumptions about things you don't like. also food this is not necessarily aimed at you, its just a rant.

Quote Originally Posted by saverio View Post
    No one who likes the beatles gives a shit about someone beind hard
    the only people that care about that are morons and 16 year olds that don't know shit about life.

^was there anything worth reading in there? sorry sosa, but you're not interesting, insightful or funny, so don't bother writing essays that people are either going to skim through or scroll past.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandemic View Post
    ^was there anything worth reading in there? sorry sosa, but you're not interesting, insightful or funny, so don't bother writing essays that people are either going to skim through or scroll past.

joking? or you actually speak for everyone on the site? but i agree about that post, threads like these give me headaches with their twisted logic, i don't know why i get sucked into it.

how do you figure that?

because we arent checking for whoever is popular on tv or the radio?

Dont you think that we discover A WHOLE LOT more music when we are constantly look for something new and fresh that isnt popular?

I know I do. And my friends do.
    Honestly, the whole indie mentality is pretentious at this point. Dudes are purposely NOT listening to things that blow up. As soon as something is recognized by the masses, it's "yeah, I don't like that shit. What do you know about MF Doom?"

I'm guilty of it.

Which is fine, but people are so thirsty to "BE INDEPENDENT" AND "BE ORIGINAL" and "NOT BE A SHEEP." We actually brag about listening to artists that other people don't know about. We all do it. Like, who gives a shit? Music is music.

The indie mentality is almost as cancerous as the sheep mentality.

All I'm saying is just listen to fucking music lol.

Broaden your horizons and take in some artists and styles of hip-hop that you normally wouldn't, whether it be K-Os or fucking Soulja Boy or some other shit

This is what I get for trying to make a positive thread on a forum full of Wu-Tang fans that aren't actually Wu-Tang fans, just ex-Wu-Tang fans who stick around and talk to the other ex-Wu-Tang fans about things that have nothing to do with the Wu-Tang Clan.

lol yeah probably the most boring post ever. sorry.

what i meant to say was my taste is better than everybody elses, who gives a fuck what you nerds think.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Conner View Post
    Yeah, the writer of that article is gay.

"That smoke's got me gone, can hear it in the air/we on top like some stairs, don't give a fuck, I be goin' to hell."

This is the worst opening to a verse I've ever seen written, I sure as fuck don't want to hear the song.

This is the shit kids enjoy nowadays?

What a bunch of mindless faggoids.
    fuck what you heard chief keef is that nigga ... and thats the hook btw .. lyrics arent everything in rap .. kendrick lamar said it the best hip-hop makes u feel a certain way its not always about the message or lyrics .. its like waka got energy yall say he wack but if hes so wack an average 8th grader can do it then why dont yall show n prove and put out something better ?

this board is full of old ass bitter rappers and white nerds i swear lol

mac miller is wack tho ... and yea lyrics ? cuz odb dmx and eazy e were fucking word smiths FOH

'

Quote Originally Posted by Killbot View Post
    fuck what you heard chief keef is that nigga .
    bahaha

No hes not. Hes just some frail little geek making nursery rhyme raps and showcasing his coonery.

No sort of stage presence or character

Nothing innovative, music = disposable

Two youtube videos and that article where a white nerdy blogger from gawker.com tried to gas him up was enough

Your generation cant make timeless music. Must be more super dooper conspiracy fluoride in the water these days or something?

Arguing over wack upcoming artists is not my past time so dont waste time writing an essay or anything of that nature.

Faggots will never drop verses like brooklyn zoo or diesal by odb
    Non Ignorants

RIP

Quote Originally Posted by R.O.B. PT 3 View Post
    Your generation cant make timeless music. Must be more super dooper conspiracy fluoride in the water these days or something?

Arguing over wack upcoming artists is not my past time so dont waste time writing an essay or anything of that nature.
    Quality posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Tecknowledgist View Post
    Honestly, the whole indie mentality is pretentious at this point. Dudes are purposely NOT listening to things that blow up. As soon as something is recognized by the masses, it's "yeah, I don't like that shit. What do you know about MF Doom?"

I'm guilty of it.

Which is fine, but people are so thirsty to "BE INDEPENDENT" AND "BE ORIGINAL" and "NOT BE A SHEEP." We actually brag about listening to artists that other people don't know about. We all do it. Like, who gives a shit? Music is music.

The indie mentality is almost as cancerous as the sheep mentality.

All I'm saying is just listen to fucking music lol.

Broaden your horizons and take in some artists and styles of hip-hop that you normally wouldn't, whether it be K-Os or fucking Soulja Boy or some other shit.
    stop projecting your juvenile faggotry onto everybody else.

and bigging up mac miller and brad paisley on a hip-hop "subforum" is hardly positive...this thread started with you patting yourself on the back because you were such a nonconformist that you weren't going to conform to what the other nonconformists were doing.

shut up.
    Last edited by Dr. Simon Hurt; 03-16-2012 at 12:17 AM.