Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wu Tang Killa Beez:The Sting 10 years later..

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Default Wu Tang Killa Beez:The Sting 10 years later..

How do you feel about this project after the past decade; it still is pretty weak to me; but it had its moments; Out Think Me Now is a surefire banger; Bluntz Martinez, Girlz and Gunz shows Warcloud at his finest; G.A.T. just wants to make you wet an entire city block for no reason; Bobby Digital style ruined this l.p. for me; I wish Rza would trip and fall and hit his head and fuck up the part of his brain where all of that Bobby Digital stuff is stored; we already have mad Bobby Digital joints; when will we get more of his better personalities like Rzarector or Bobbie Steels; that would be awesome or another straight Rza l.p. or Prince Rakeem again or he could say fuck that rap shit and give us a Robert Fitzgerald Diggs album

Fearless Vampire Killer UNCLE RUCKUS's Avatar

that Killarmy joint was flames still bump it otherwise not so much last track was good too tho

Quote Originally Posted by David Daniel Davis View Post
    Bobby Digital style ruined this l.p. for me; I wish Rza would trip and fall and hit his head and fuck up the part of his brain where all of that Bobby Digital stuff is stored; we already have mad Bobby Digital joints; when will we get more of his better personalities like Rzarector or Bobbie Steels; that would be awesome or another straight Rza l.p. or Prince Rakeem again or he could say fuck that rap shit and give us a Robert Fitzgerald Diggs album
    ^LOL

I agree with you to some extent.

The Sting is pretty forgetable, outside of a handful of tracks.

All of the songs I like from it are on a mixtape I made before I sold my physical copy.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    Thanks for your hate hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

The real real real Beginning of the Decline of the Wu-Tang empire....everybody started falling off after 2002...
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

DuncanHine Monument Cakes CEITEDMOFO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by David Daniel Davis View Post
    How do you feel about this project after the past decade; it still is pretty weak to me; but it had its moments; Out Think Me Now is a surefire banger; Bluntz Martinez, Girlz and Gunz shows Warcloud at his finest; G.A.T. just wants to make you wet an entire city block for no reason;
    OK U MENTIONED ALL THE SONGS A FAGGIT WOULD LIKE, TAKE UP SPACE SHITS ON ALL THOSE TRACKs

PRODIGAL SUN

spit that g was a banger

i actually liked the album a lot when it came out save for a few tracks of course...10 years later (gawddamn that went quick) i think its decent. warcloud of course had the best two tracks on the whole album and i aint even trolling

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    The real real real Beginning of the Decline of the Wu-Tang empire....everybody started falling off after 2002...
    yup
    the sting was pretty embarassing...i don't know what the fuck they were going for on this album, but the beats were mostly annoying and this is where they started dumbing down their lyrics...maybe 5 worthwhile tracks on this.

i never really saw the greatness of that Warcloud solo, i thought it was ok.. the other song he was featured on, "Woodchuck" was alot better and i liked his verse on that one.

i agree that the LP is decent, it got some great tracks, some wack ones and some pretty good ones. it's not an album i listen to even once a year though, but when i does i really enjoy the following songs - "Killa Beez" (banging!!), "Out Think Me Now", "Dancing With Wolves", "Spend Money", "Take Up Space", "Woodchuck" and "KB Ridin'" (classic joint). so that's like half the album that i'm feeling... the rest are pretty wack tbh.

my CD is a 2xCD package though, and the bonus disc features two real dope Bobby D cuts in the form of "Odyssey" and "Digi Electronics". these must be leftovers from 'Digital Bullet' but they are easily better than many songs on that imo.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

^^ My copy is like that as well, but overall I never cared for this then and even less now. It couldn't fuck with The Swarm.

"Lay a fishbowl of jellybeans out for the neighbors children" Hellz ya.

I agree this was the begining of the Wu decline. Shortly after Warcloud started fucking with the American Poets, Doc Doom got locked up, P Sunn and 12 dumbed down for two on the Road, Killarmy started hating working with eachother, RZA started putting Freemurder and Shacronz on all his shit, and yes Digi beats were now the norm. With the exception of Bluntz, Martinez, Girlz, and Gunz, the Digi sound was getting tired.

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    i agree that the LP is decent, it got some great tracks, some wack ones and some pretty good ones. it's not an album i listen to even once a year though, but when i does i really enjoy the following songs - "Killa Beez" (banging!!), "Out Think Me Now", "Dancing With Wolves", "Spend Money", "Take Up Space", "Woodchuck" and "KB Ridin'" (classic joint). so that's like half the album that i'm feeling... the rest are pretty wack tbh.
    All those tracks were on point. Only Shacronz ruined "KB Ridin" for me.
    Last edited by Creepshow; 03-13-2012 at 12:52 PM.
    The brutal offspring of Conan and Red Sonja.

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    i never really saw the greatness of that Warcloud solo, i thought it was ok.. the other song he was featured on, "Woodchuck" was alot better and i liked his verse on that one.

my CD is a 2xCD package though, and the bonus disc features two real dope Bobby D cuts in the form of "Odyssey" and "Digi Electronics". these must be leftovers from 'Digital Bullet' but they are easily better than many songs on that imo.
    cosign this

except i like the Warcloud solo, he still was on point and spittin that hardcore shit but was also gettin his abstract vibe on, so it was a good blend

Veteran Member

I did not buy the sting, didn't even hear of it til this thread. So I listened to a few on youtube - not impressed.

But I do have the storm, beside me and it is re-playable - the whole thing. I especially like the ones wit black nights.

Jamal Arief

Decent compilation altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Creepshow View Post
    Only Shacronz ruined "KB Ridin" for me.
    Shacronz is dope. One of the most underrated Killa Beez IMO. Don't really understand it but probably it's because people connect him with Free Murder, who - admittedly - is an acquired taste.

Peace.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FMJ View Post
    I did not buy the sting, didn't even hear of it til this thread. So I listened to a few on youtube - not impressed.

But I do have the storm, beside me and it is re-playable - the whole thing. I especially like the ones wit black nights.
    The Storm?......shut the fuck up nigga
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.