Thread: Miss Universe Canada only 23 disqualified. But WHY?

Veteran Member

Default Miss Universe Canada only 23 disqualified. But WHY?

VANCOUVER — Vancouver's Jenna Talackova was everything Miss Universe Canada was looking for when she was selected among 65 finalists for the 2012 competition, to be held in Toronto in May.

But the Donald Trump–owned beauty pageant confirmed Friday that the 23-year-old has been disqualified from the competition.

“She did not meet the requirements to compete despite having stated otherwise on her entry form,” stated a Miss Universe Canada release issued on Friday.

“We do, however, respect her goals, determination and wish her the best,” it concludes, without specifying what requirements she did not meet.

Her profile and photos from the pageant’s website were subsequently pulled.

The statuesque blond told The Vancouver Province Friday she needs to speak to her lawyer before taking part in interviews.

But Talackova has made statements online over Twitter about being “disqualified for being born.”

By March 18, she had apparently already been told by Miss Universe Canada her place in the competition was in jeopardy.

“Still waiting to know if I’m able to compete ... praying and fingers crossed,” she Tweeted that day.

Two days later, she got the news.

“I’m disqualified, however I’m not giving up,” she wrote, defiantly. “I’m not going to just let them disqualify me over discrimination.”

Responses to her plight posted online have been mixed.

Miss Universe Canada contestants must meet a basic requirement of being a Canadian citizen and between the ages of 18 and 27 to compete.

They also must not be married, pregnant, and have to fill out a more comprehensive form if they meet the basic requirements.

????????????????????????????

I wonder why..

Veteran Member

— Even as a Grade 8 student at Vancouver's Killarney secondary, Jenna Talackova's femininity was apparent.

Talackova, now a Miss Universe Canada contestant, still classified as a boy back then, but the teenager's mannerisms and appearance were that of a young woman.

She had a slender frame and a blond bob; she hung around mostly with female friends.
    She had changed her name from Walter to Page.

"It was very obvious," said Teruko Walker, recalling her looks and behaviour when she was in her early teens.

"It wasn't like she looked like a boy, but acted like a girl. She very much looked like a female," said Walker, who was in Grade 11 at the high school at the time.

Within a couple of years, Talackova began hormone therapy. She changed her name again, from Page to Jenna.

Platypi on the swarm!! RUSHING PLATYPUS's Avatar

sSHIT
    DOWNLOADALBUMZ!

Veteran Member