Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Method Man, Redman, Ghostface & Sheek Louch Dropped from Def Jam

Old Head, Young Shoulders laolu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saverio View Post

Duck Down, Stones Throw, Redef, H20,there's all sorts of dope labels out there I'd be happy to see them sign with.
    This.

Banned

12 o'clock is no longer on that list either

This is awesome news, Indie is the way to go. If those dudes put shit out themselves it will be WAY more raw.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    12 o'clock is no longer on that list either
    lol

i wonder how long he was actually signed to def jam without putting out an album

somebody should compile a list of all of the wu artists that were supposed to be drop albums and didn't (and add to it albums from generals and collaborative albums that were promised and never delivered)...it would be an interesting list

i think this is good news for all of those guys...major labels are so obsolete that they're almost anachronisms now anyway

I checked the other day at Def Jam and noticed that too. I was lookin' for info on blackout 3 and i peeped that were not under artist just found old articles on there latest albums. I have been on Def Jam site in at least ten years...lol
    Yo!

{>____<}

Wow at all this! Were would they go from here? Seriously, they (Wu-Tang Clan) should retire. They're Generals in the music industry. They've proven themselves and made history.

Wu-Veteran

No, they shouldn't retire. They still have great lyrical skills. All of them.

-GZA needs to get more aggressive on the mic, and drink less before/during shows.

-RZA needs to get back into Rzarectah mode, and leave the Digi Snax alone. His production needs more "State Of Grace/New Wu" type joints. His verses need more "Fresh From The Morgue" type darts.

-Inspectah Deck needs to get back to that visual rhyme style he used on Forever. He straight SMASHED "The Champion" tho so i know he's still got it. Also his production needs to be pure WU.

-Raekwon is holdin it down!! If anything..lay back a little bit on the artist side (not much..just a lil bit) or drop something completely different than his usual style to switch things up.

-U-God needs to drop another (better) Dopium. That album was actually a really good listen. I know if he got the right producers, he can drop another great album.

-Ghostface needs to drop the Doom collab, Wu Block, and this Blue & Cream joint. So in other words Keep doing what he's doing he's killin it!

-Masta Killa needs another album. Where is "Loyalty Is Royalty"? To me MK is a very underrated artist! He is also a great performer from what I've seen. Both of his albums were very solid, all we need is another one soon.

-Method Man. Leave all the commercial crap in the past. You are no longer on Def Jam. Write less from the perspective of "Mef" more from the perspective of "Cliff Smith". Get that hard yet brand new/cutting edge production, and the rest will take care of itself.
    KEEP IT WU ALL THE WAY THRU

I never knew 12 was on Def Jam lol

Anyway, like otehrs said, this is great news indeed.
    The brutal offspring of Conan and Red Sonja.

Banned

yeah, he was signed and supposedly was going to have an album completely produced by 4th disciple. don't know if this album got made shelved or if it never happened at all.

As for myself: I had come to the conclusion that there was nothing sacred about myself or any human being, that we were all machines, doomed to collide and collide and collide.
    - Kurt Vonnegut

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Punch View Post

12 o'clock was on an artist development program on def jam..it's like a gateway to the actual deal so technically he wasn't really signed to them

{>____<}

Wu should retire, in my opinion. Besides their loyal fans, who's going to suppose them? I purchase their music but some people download their music because they're broke. It's like they're working for nothing.

^they still make money touring...why retire when you can get paid to go in front of an audience and recite lyrics to a song you wrote 20 years ago?

I REALLY don't understand this wu should retire bullshit

let's see

U God - Keynote speaker coming. His last album had some great songs. He said he's utilizing smaller name producers, says the big names are overrated (lol... true in some cases tho).

Masta Killa - Loyalty is Royalty has been in the works for a long time. Last time i checked the production is supposed to be handled by PF Cutting, 9th Wonder and True Master. That's all I need to say imo.

Rae and Ghost - need no synopsis of the hot shit they've been dropping

Deck- Working on The Rebellion, which from the way Shifter has described is going to be dope. Deck doing what we all want from him, spitting on hard beats from good producers.

GZA - Two albums in the works, both which will take a lot of hard work to come off properly. I have faith in GZA even if no one else does.

Cappa - Just dropped the Pilgrimage which was good. Still kills shit live.

Meth - I'm not really too sure the moves he's making since he hasn't dropped anything in awhile besides the occasional song since Rae Ghost Meth joint. I don't think Crystal Method will disappoint when it drops. I think BO 3 is supposed to be in the works which should provide some cool out shit to smoke to. 2 had some bangers on it.

RZA - Not too devoted to hip hop, but has given out some beats to Nas, Kweli, Busta. Hopefully Reverend William Burke will stay under his guidance rather than his cousin R. Kelly's. Still drops the occasional dope verse. The last projects he put out were good imo. Digi Snax was not great throughout, but had some hot shit.

The Wu Affiliates are doing their thing too. Only thing I really want to see that doesn't seem to be in the works is an epic Sunz of Man album.

Wu is still fun to see live too. Stop hating because they're old.
    Non Ignorants

RIP