Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wanna Rap on a GZA Album?

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

give it up gza.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    give it up gza.
    Why the fuck would he give up? Just because his flow was lacking on Pro Tools 1 album in his whole discography? Grandmasters is a masterpiece, definitely underrated. Lyrically all his albums after WftG are easily nominated for most lyrical album of all time. I noticed you hate a lot on the Wu nowadays, it's not like their releases are garbage, there's still some interesting stuff. I guess you like Raekwon and think he is one of the most consistent members of the Wu. No one in the clan is as consistent as GZA is. The guy never fell off, he is a lot more lyrical than when he delivered Liquid Swords. He only improved where others fell off. Maybe Ghostface but that's it. Raekwon Unexpected Victory was garbage just like Shaolin vs Wu-Tang. If GZA's flow improves on Dark Matter, then I don't see the problem. You should actually respect him for still keeping it 100% and he actually takes his time writing a verse. I do agree that his last effort wasn't that great, because on some songs it sounded like he was asleep. If he works on that, this will be another masterpiece. Wu-Tang Forever

Quote Originally Posted by THE GENIUS View Post
    Why the fuck would he give up? Just because his flow was lacking on Pro Tools 1 album in his whole discography? Grandmasters is a masterpiece, definitely underrated. Lyrically all his albums after WftG are easily nominated for most lyrical album of all time. I noticed you hate a lot on the Wu nowadays, it's not like their releases are garbage, there's still some interesting stuff. I guess you like Raekwon and think he is one of the most consistent members of the Wu. No one in the clan is as consistent as GZA is. The guy never fell off, he is a lot more lyrical than when he delivered Liquid Swords. He only improved where others fell off. Maybe Ghostface but that's it. Raekwon Unexpected Victory was garbage just like Shaolin vs Wu-Tang. If GZA's flow improves on Dark Matter, then I don't see the problem. You should actually respect him for still keeping it 100% and he actually takes his time writing a verse. I do agree that his last effort wasn't that great, because on some songs it sounded like he was asleep. If he works on that, this will be another masterpiece. Wu-Tang Forever
    lol hahaha magma hurry up and make "wu-realist" please.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Banned

Raekwon Unexpected Victory was garbage just like Shaolin vs Wu-Tang.
    you dropped the ball on that one. Rae's been nothing but fire lately. Shaolin vs. Wu-tang was one of the year's best. anyway, Ghost and Rae are the only two generals worth following at the moment. if Dark Matter is a banger, then great, but right now, it's all about Ghost and Rae

Quote Originally Posted by theheavens View Post
    you dropped the ball on that one. Rae's been nothing but fire lately. Shaolin vs. Wu-tang was one of the year's best. anyway, Ghost and Rae are the only two generals worth following at the moment. if Dark Matter is a banger, then great, but right now, it's all about Ghost and Rae
    Exactly.

U God has been putting out solid material also.

Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    U God has been putting out solid material also.
    lol hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahhahahahahah

Seriously what the fuck was good about Unexpected Victory. The raps are below average, it doesn't make sense. As for Shaolin vs Wu-Tang; Raekwon said this was supposed to be a Wu album and 8 Diagrams was bad and everything and the clan wasn't down with it so he released that album which became a solo Rae album. 8 Diagrams is lightyears ahead of Shaolin vs Wu-Tang. The beats are just awful and what the fuck was Rae talking about on these songs? I am pretty sure he wrote those songs without even thinking about what he was about to write. His flow is also not as good as it used to be, but it's his lyrics are really, really poor. The average Wu-corp member can write lyrics 100 times better than he did on SvsW and Unexpected Victory. Ghost, true he is still great and consistent but Raekwon come on man. Give me one verse that was great from Shaolin vs Wu-Tang or Unexpected Victory. Shaolin vs Wu-Tang sounded like it wanted to be like Liquid Swords, but it failed Chop, Chop Ninja is awful.
    "Who give a fuck if he's a swordsman, I'm a gunman, I run from nothing" - Raekwon. Y

I Dont Walk I Get Carried kingwu's Avatar

if your a wu-tang fan great if not get the fuck out then
    Last edited by kingwu; 04-07-2012 at 05:25 PM.

Putting out more albums doesn't mean you bring the heat. Quality > Quantity.. seriously who is going to post a good Raekwon song from his last 2 efforts. They were weak.

Putting out more albums doesn't mean you bring the heat. Quality > Quantity.. seriously who is going to post a good Raekwon song from his last 2 efforts. They were weak.
    LOL hahahahahahahaha still performing oral sodomy on GZA.

PRODIGAL SUN

gza never fell off. pro tools was wack though. thats dreddy krugers fault though
    CHAMBERMUSIK RECORDS/ CHAMBERMUSIK SPECIAL PRODUCTS DOES NOT ENDORSE ANYTHING SAID OR WRITTEN BY THIS MESSAGE BOARD USER NAME!!!

"Sign Of The Times" coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    LOL hahahahahahahaha still performing oral sodomy on GZA.
    Says who, you can't even back up what you're saying with arguments. I can. I already said Pro Tools had bad flow, that's the main reason I can't listen to it, but if it makes you feel better I also think the beats were pretty bad. You still didn't name a Raekwon song worth listening. All you say is that Wu is retiring and the only one who's still doing his thing is Raekwon, even though his lyrics don't make any sense and he didn't even try to tell something interesting. Simple minds.