Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wanna Rap on a GZA Album?

8 Diagrams is light years ahead of Rae's Shaolin vs Wu Tang and Unexpected Victory. Cuban Linx 2 is a great album but highly over rated. If you think it deserves "classic" status you're a retard. Rae for the most part has wack flow these days. He gets outshined on every song that has a feature.

I'm looking forward to the next Masta Killa release more than I am looking forward to the next "classsic" rae album. He raps about the same old shit. Move forward. No one wants to hear you rapping about slinging crack you fat motherfucker.
    Last edited by grt05; 04-08-2012 at 10:01 AM.
    It's the god, god.

Quote Originally Posted by grt05 View Post
    8 Diagrams is light years ahead of Rae's Shaolin vs Wu Tang and Unexpected Victory. Cuban Linx 2 is a great album but highly over rated. If you think it deserves "classic" status you're a retard. Rae for the most part has wack flow these days. He gets outshined on every song that has a feature.

I'm looking forward to the next Masta Killa release more than I am looking forward to the next "classsic" rae album. He raps about the same old shit. Move forward. No one wants to hear you rapping about slinging crack you fat motherfucker.
    I agree with you saying Cuban Linx 2 is overrated a lot. I also heard people say it's a classic album. I do think it's a great album, Dilla had some amazing beats on it and most of the guest appearances had great verses, but it was Rae self who was the weak link on the album. Plus some of the beats were old and I prefered the beats without the vocals on it. It's definitely a good album, but not a classic. People will think I'm a Raekwon hater but really I am not. I think Raekwon had great stories and his flow was on point @ OBFCL. I thought he improved on Immobilarity in every way, his flow was sharper, he improved lyrically but the beats were average. Lex Diamond Story was kinda mehh but that was mainly because of the beats his rapping was better on that album then it was on OBFCL II, Shaolin vs Wu and Unexpected Victory. Only Built For Cuban Linx is one of my most played albums of all time, it's just that I think Raekwon is overhyped, especially here.

I am also very much looking forward to the next Masta Killa album, hope it's going to be great. I also know he is going to kill it but he has to work on his flow just like GZA has to work on his flow.

It's a great way to appear on a GZA album, if someone is going to participate I think he has to use a lot of double entendres, extended metaphors without trying to be too nerdy.

Banned

I want to know what you guys are smoking. and then test it in a lab somewhere, because all I hear is nonsense. anyway, Unexpected Victory is not a proper release, it's whatever whatever. Rae is cooking up something bigger and better than that.

Masta Killa is cool, but I swear the dude just talks. he's good for a quick verse, but not carrying an entire album. Deck's The Rebellion has more potential.

as for GZA, the dude is on TRIAL right now and he has to prove his innocence (i.e., he can make a good record). people still remember Pro Tools and they're shaking their heads. but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. meanwhile, the Rae and Ghost verdict is clear: not guilty

Veteran Member

you cant bitch about lazy flows and not include Rae, sorry. his music has been better lately, but he basically talked his way thru the last few projects. again, good music, but you could apply the same complaint to his delivery

Deck is the one who should be getting the flack, not GZA. Pro Tools sh1ts on every Deck album not named UC, and instead of getting the Rebellion ready hes doing a project with 7L and Esoteric. his solo career has been borderline awful the past 12 years
    poppa large, big shot on the east coast..

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

nah every deck album is way better than Protools, Protools is up there in the ranks with Tical 0 & Mr. Xcitement
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    nah every deck album is way better than Protools, Protools is up there in the ranks with Tical 0 & Mr. Xcitement
    There's no fucking way that Pro Tools is in that category. That's some of the worst albums of the Wu camp. What's next you think Villa Manifesto's better than Pro Tools or Dopium? Yes, OBFCL II is better than Pro Tools. The bad thing about Pro Tools is GZA's flow, the guest appearances are great most of the times. You should take your time listening to Groundbreaking or 0% Finance. You say I hate Raekwon but I think it's pretty clear you hate Pro Tools. It's true that OBFCL II is better than Pro Tools and GZA has a lazy flow on most of the songs but that's it, his lyrics are perfect. How were you able to listen to Raekwon or U-God's flow if you hate so much on Pro Tools (think you hate it cause of his flow). His flow is not that awful that the music isn't enjoyable. The first 5 songs are straight bangers. Sixth one has mindblowing lyrics but his flow is bad on that one and I don't like the guitar beat. Short Race is amazing, I wasn't a big fan of Paper Plate because of the repetitive beat but he killed it. Columbian Ties and Firehouse are extremely powerful, notice the metaphors. I can see why you wouldn't like Path of Destruction. Cinema and Life is a Movie are amazing so most of the album is good but there are parts where GZA's flow ruïns the experience. Hating on one aspect (a very important aspect) doesn't mean the rest can't be enjoyable.
    Dude you have Kurupt and Styles P in your sig what the fuck you talking about anyway? The weakest song on Pro Tools destroys all of their material x100000
    Last edited by TheFunkyDrummer; 04-11-2012 at 02:56 PM.

every classic is going to be overrated. but with good reason.

I don't knwo why people dont see CL2 as a classic. I listen to that all the time. Shaolin was a great album too. he's keeping the flame alive and not by doing some other shit beiber-- I mean either! he's mostly keeping it true

it would be nice to hear GZA rapping on a GZA album.

The Genius is a herb ass GZA stan.

That should be obvious given his username.

SMH @ this motherfucker downplaying Rae & Ghost's recent dopeness in favor of his mancrush.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    Thanks for your hate hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Conner View Post
    The Genius is a herb ass GZA stan.

That should be obvious given his username.

SMH @ this motherfucker downplaying Rae & Ghost's recent dopeness in favor of his mancrush.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by THE GENIUS View Post
    There's no fucking way that Pro Tools is in that category. That's some of the worst albums of the Wu camp. What's next you think Villa Manifesto's better than Pro Tools or Dopium? Yes, OBFCL II is better than Pro Tools. The bad thing about Pro Tools is GZA's flow, the guest appearances are great most of the times. You should take your time listening to Groundbreaking or 0% Finance. You say I hate Raekwon but I think it's pretty clear you hate Pro Tools. It's true that OBFCL II is better than Pro Tools and GZA has a lazy flow on most of the songs but that's it, his lyrics are perfect. How were you able to listen to Raekwon or U-God's flow if you hate so much on Pro Tools (think you hate it cause of his flow). His flow is not that awful that the music isn't enjoyable. The first 5 songs are straight bangers. Sixth one has mindblowing lyrics but his flow is bad on that one and I don't like the guitar beat. Short Race is amazing, I wasn't a big fan of Paper Plate because of the repetitive beat but he killed it. Columbian Ties and Firehouse are extremely powerful, notice the metaphors. I can see why you wouldn't like Path of Destruction. Cinema and Life is a Movie are amazing so most of the album is good but there are parts where GZA's flow ruïns the experience. Hating on one aspect (a very important aspect) doesn't mean the rest can't be enjoyable.
    Dude you have Kurupt and Styles P in your sig what the fuck you talking about anyway? The weakest song on Pro Tools destroys all of their material x100000
    You're a Raekwon hater, trying to downplay him & Ghost so bad. Stop. They've resurrected the Wu Flag each time it went down, no denying that. Paper Plates is one of the most disappointing songs to come out the Wu camp. The album as a whole is weak, it's up there with those albums I mentioned earlier, definitely top 10 worst albums from the clan. And you're not gonna tell me Styles P is wack, stop man. It's obvious you love gza but the dickeating has to stop at some point, You can't say you listen to lyrics and call him wack.....Styles P is WAY better than gza at this point in time. The Styles P track in my sig is better than most of his shit after Beneath the surface and it's a mixtape track. Street shit. Raekwon's last two albums >>>>>> any gza album after Beneath the Surface.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    Exactly.

You're a Raekwon hater, trying to downplay him & Ghost so bad. Stop. They've resurrected the Wu Flag each time it went down, no denying that. Paper Plates is one of the most disappointing songs to come out the Wu camp. The album as a whole is weak, it's up there with those albums I mentioned earlier, definitely top 10 worst albums from the clan. And you're not gonna tell me Styles P is wack, stop man. It's obvious you love gza but the dickeating has to stop at some point, You can't say you listen to lyrics and call him wack.....Styles P is WAY better than gza at this point in time. The Styles P track in my sig is better than most of his shit after Beneath the surface and it's a mixtape track. Street shit. Raekwon's last two albums >>>>>> any gza album after Beneath the Surface.
    I don't hate them. In fact Ghostface Killah is one of my favorite rappers of all time and Ironman and Supreme Clientele are some of my favorite albums. OBFCL is in my top 5 hiphop albums of all time, what are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by THE GENIUS View Post
    I don't hate them. In fact Ghostface Killah is one of my favorite rappers of all time and Ironman and Supreme Clientele are some of my favorite albums. OBFCL is in my top 5 hiphop albums of all time, what are you talking about?
    What does that have to do with anything. Liquid Swords is in my top 10 lp's but Gza is still ass right now.

Non Ignorant Math Team

gza seems 2 b trying connect more 2 his fanbase with all these lectures his new internet site and letting a fan rap on his album. im not sure why hes had this change of heart.

NON-IGS