Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: c7 presents GZA - "RAPABILITY" [20 non-album tracks)

Default c7 presents GZA - "RAPABILITY" [20 non-album tracks)

another one i think you're gonna enjoy.. good quality on pretyt much all the song besides the amazing '91 demo that is "Take it Back to Brooklyn" by GZA and ODB but it's definitely listenable. check it out and let mw know what you think!

It's been a while since I blessed my readers with the pinnacle of this blog, The Lost Tapes' infamous (haha) super compilations. If you've been following this blog since the beginning or if you just follow it occassionally, you should be very aware that my two favorite crews in the game still to this day remains Wu-Tang and the D.I.T.C. family. Growing up and hearing "36 Chambers" for the first timeit straight blew me away; made me a hip-hop fanatic and I've been a fan of the culture ever since. There's been plenty of uninspired projects from the Wu camp as a whole, but almost all discs has at least a couple of incredible joints that in a small way make up for it. The GZA/Genius is a different case however imo, He was of course around even before the Wu-Tang Clan, recording his 1001 debut album and signed to the, then impeccable Cold Chillin' Records that handled a lot of classic Juice Crew albums. It's far from his best album by no means, but it's nontheless essential listening for any serious Wu head and collector. His style was not just fully evolved here but despite this, the LP carried a lot of dope storytelling rhymes, ill metaphors and vintage sounding late '80s, early '90s sound provided by some of the earliest productions ever released by legendary cousins Easy Mo Bee and The L.G. Experiment, and although the production was hardly as vintage as the respective beatmakers later works, it was a learning experience for all of them. Wile it's not the best album he ever recoded by far... In fact it might be his weakest, but that certainly doesn't mean it's by no means wack, so if anyone still haven't heard this you BETTER WAKE THE FUCK UP!

After being dropped from Cold Chillin' after the album more or less flopped, the Brooklyn bord emcee recouped with his original All in Together Now Crew (with cousins Prince Rakeem and Ason Unique; today better known as RZA and the late great Ol' Dirty Bastard. It didn't take long before they formed the Wu-Tang Clan with a bunch of talented emcees from around the way, formed like voltron and took over the game ("and the GZA happens to be the head). Then when "Liquid Swords" dropped in the autumn of 1995, you could hardly debate that The Genius had made his name justice while becoming one of the most interesting rap artists at the time. This was much due to the impeccable combination of GZA's mindblowing lyrical exercises and RZA's sinister and dark, yet heavily boom bap influenced production and the chemistry the two cousins displayed throughout the disc. The disc is a must known in any serious hip-hop collectors library (and I'm not talking abvout your media library) so if you still don't own this.... SHAME ON YOU!

**continued on The Lost Tapes**

01. "Animal Planet" [Alternative Live Interpolation Mix]
    02. "Third World" [GZA / RZA / DJ Muggs]
    03. "Jewelz" [GZA / Cilvaringz]
    04. "Big Acts Little Acts" [DJ Premier Mix] [GZA / Afu-Ra]
    05. "Head Rush" [GZA / RZA / Pete Rock]
    06. "Ich Lebe Fur Hip-Hop" [GZA / P. Sunn / DJ Tomekk)
    07. "New York Ginseng" [GZA / Folk & Stres]
    08. "The Feeling" [Marco Polo Mix] [GZA / Buckshot / Tabi Bonney]
    09. "Knock Knock Pt. 2" [GZA / Buddha Monk / RZA on production]
    10. "3rd Day" [GZA / Killah Priest / Hermetic Order]
    11. "On the Eve Of War" [Stoupe's Meldrick Taylor Mix] [GZA / Jedi Mind Tricks]
    12. "When the Fat Lady Sings" [GZA / DJ Muggs]
    13. "Rush" [GZA / Method Man / Allah Mathematics]
    14. "Just The Thought" [GZA / Masta Killa / Prefuse 73]
    15. "Chasing Dreams" [GZA / Esera Tualo / Rob Report]
    16. "Rapability" [GZA / Killah Priest / Rodney Kendrick]
    17. "Associated" [GZA / Wisemen]
    18. "Take it Back to Brooklyn" [GZA / Ol' Dirty Bastard ] ('91 Throwback)
    19. "0% Finance" [Blue Sky Black Death Remix) [*]
    20. "Lyrical Swords" [Soul Assassins Remix] [GZA / Ras Kass] [*]
    GRAB IT AT @ THE LOST TAPES ASAP

TURN IT UP!!! AND ENJOY!
    Last edited by claaa7; 04-13-2012 at 01:25 PM.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Thanks for putting this up.

must spread rep b4 givin' it 2 u again. thx

yo Claaaa7. As someone said earlier in another thread - it's guys like you that make this place. Downloaded - just listened to one track -'Chasing Dreams'. Un believable.

GZA is a real dark horse I think. My theory is he is the biggest stoner of the whole Clan in someways - like if he had been more fired up we'd have had a lot more from him (but would it have been so high quality). A really cool dude.

anyways - much props Claaa

-Diamond in the Rough- 3rdEyeVizion's Avatar

Loox mad dope. Thanks a lot man!

Quote Originally Posted by New Hills 36 View Post
    yo Claaaa7. As someone said earlier in another thread - it's guys like you that make this place. Downloaded - just listened to one track -'Chasing Dreams'. Un believable.

GZA is a real dark horse I think. My theory is he is the biggest stoner of the whole Clan in someways - like if he had been more fired up we'd have had a lot more from him (but would it have been so high quality). A really cool dude.

anyways - much props Claaa
    thx for the feedback, mad appreciated... you know there's a lot of dope compilations i post on The Lost Tapes that i don't post here and plenty of news, videos, etc that i never post here. i think The Lost Tapes would be right up your alley so please keep checking my blog every now and then. i update daily. glad you like what i'm doing! (link in my sig)

peace

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

^ seriously - this is SO worth checking. Some of the remixes are insane and I've never heard a good number here. Good GZA is very hard to beat imo.

Yeah Claaa - Lost Tapes is bloomin excellent - Paece bro and keep up the great work

+rep
    you're awesome

worth it just for the blue sky black death remix

does anybody have the j-loved produced "fame" remix in cd-q? i was really hoping you would have that on here...i used to have a 128kbps from a j-love mixtape with "j-love nigga" a bunch of times during the verses...sick beat, though

Fucking love the lyrics to Animal Planet. Haven't heard this version yet but the original is awesome.
    The brutal offspring of Conan and Red Sonja.

claa7 da gawd

tip my e-cap to you sir

always checkin tha new drops claaa

thanks alot i appreciate this dope mixcd

ich lebe fur hip-hop!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Creepshow View Post
    Fucking love the lyrics to Animal Planet. Haven't heard this version yet but the original is awesome.
    co-sign man, "Animal Planet" was always one of my favorites of that GZA LP and Bink is a seriously underrated producer and has been for at least a decade now. i think i might even like this live instrumentation version better than the album version which is very unexpected!!

but please thanks Fat Boy Brandon at Crates Of Jr. for sharing that banger with us. he was the one who came through with it!

theres also a b-side to that animal planet live version. i have the vinyl rip it came from. this is it, check it out yo. i can upload if noone has it ^^ fame live version is dope too

GZA_and_The_Fyre_Dept-Animal_Planet_BW_Fame-VLS-2006-WSD_INT

01 - Animal Planet 04:13
    02 - Animal Planet Instrumental 04:09
    03 - Animal Planet A Cappella 03:45
    04 - Fame 03:38
    05 - Fame Instrumental 03:28
    06 - Fame A Cappella 02:58

^ damn, didn't know that.. is that the same as the live instrumentation version i aded on the comp? i know about The Fyre Department and if i remember right at least some of them play live instruments. if its not the same version, could you please upload it fam?

peace

its def the same version, and what a trip, before i even saw this thread u posted i literally was bumping that exact same animal planet mix ... lol coincidence i suppose. i dled your mixtape and right away knew it was the same joint. good ish fam, i'll pm ya