Thread: a few more tracks

Default a few more tracks

i think i did a little better mixing vocals but if anyone has any tips lmk. and obviously feedback please.

This is not bad.

To record correctly a voice this is very difficult, specially when you work in a DIY home studio like me...
    If you don't have special microphone, try to built a DIY microphone filter with old shirts or socks, that's very easy and usefull.

Try to put the level recording at -6 (if more than -6 you could get saturation, and less than -6 you could get "wind").
    That's dificult to do something clean, cause when you rap or sing, you never have the same power in the voice, so try to put a strong compressor.
    In the same time equalize it, down some basses and up middle and high, to make the voice more agressiv'.
    Other thing, during you rap: beware to words who get S or P letter, they could make boring noises in the microphone.

I'm not an expert in voice recording (a bit more in death metal, but technics are differents), if you understand what i writte you'll can do something not bad. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by noisebeat View Post
    this is not bad.

To record correctly a voice this is very difficult, specially when you work in a diy home studio like me...
    If you don't have special microphone, try to built a diy microphone filter with old shirts or socks, that's very easy and usefull.

Try to put the level recording at -6 (if more than -6 you could get saturation, and less than -6 you could get "wind").
    That's dificult to do something clean, cause when you rap or sing, you never have the same power in the voice, so try to put a strong compressor.
    In the same time equalize it, down some basses and up middle and high, to make the voice more agressiv'.
    Other thing, during you rap: Beware to words who get s or p letter, they could make boring noises in the microphone.

I'm not an expert in voice recording (a bit more in death metal, but technics are differents), if you understand what i writte you'll can do something not bad. ^^
    all truths!!!!!

SkamPoe at instagram @kinghippoe
    FOLLOW!!

get a shoebox wrap it with eggfoam or styrofoam mic goes in the shoe box lil vocal booth for your mic cancels out some noise get a popfilter (pantyhoes & a hanger) then you good