Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: i just listened to apollo brown & O.C. new LP and its a classic thats destroys

Banned

Exclamation i just listened to apollo brown & O.C. new LP and its a classic thats destroys

any LP i heard this year and any bronze naz LP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bronze naz thinks he made apollo brown!?!?!?!?!?!!?

BHABWHBWHBAHBHWHAHABAHBAHAHAHA

when bronze was teaching apollo how to program drums apollo clearly wasnt listening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this new OC material is biblical!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the last track is one of the best songs O ever recorded.... wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

starchild!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ANOTHA ONE is real weed rap... not wiz khalifa smoke and dye my hair fag shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

best album of apollo browns career O.C. bodies every single song!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

APOLLO has a signature sound real floaty hypnotic bangers and OC is legendary classic album after one listen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS: any OC shit is classic compared to the shit youre hearing in 2012

Platypi on the swarm!! RUSHING PLATYPUS's Avatar

Most of the beats sound REAL similar. Dope, but way too similar. Disappointing imo.

Haven't listened to this one yet, didn't know it leaked, but yeah this one should be good. Who cares if it shits on Bronze Nazareth album though, comparing him and O.C. as a MC is dumb as fuck. Bronze Nazareth > Apollo Brown as a producer IMO, but both make good music, so I'm just happy if I hear new stuff from eather one.

Veteran Member

Entire Stream of the LP

http://mellomusicgroup.bandcamp.com/album/trophies

From what I can tell....

Apollo flips the "Take The Time To Tell Her" sample by Jerry Butler on "The Pursuit" previously seen on Pete Rock's "Made Man" on "NY's Finest" in 2008. Also a few beats from Apollo's beat tape, "Clouds", are on there...

Trophies' "Another One" = Clouds' "The 11th Hour"

Trophies' "Signs" = Clouds' "Push"

Trophies' "Caught Up" = Clouds' "Shadow Of Grief"
    Last edited by Jin10304; 04-24-2012 at 12:23 PM.

YES, i've banged this album front-to-back several times since yesterday morning and i'm loving it.. OC is one of the best lyricists in the game, he's been doing it at this level for 20 years and he's sounding as hungry as ever. always on point, perfect flows, real clever lines that's heavy on the rewind factor, interesting topics, dope voice, etc... a real MC.

the strongest track for me has to be "We The People". holy shit! 9th Wonder on steroids and O has crazy quotables... SUPPORT THIS!

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Veteran Member

Yeah Im feeling the drums on We The People

PRODIGAL SUN UncontrolledSubstans's Avatar

The Formula is insane, that is the best track ive heard in a long time.

^ co-sign, that's one of my favorites too.. great shit. i loved to hear OC back track his career and entire discography on the last song, "Trophies".. great reflective joint. "Another One" is a real cool smokers anthem. gotta say that the first single "Prove Me Wrong" still blows me away too though

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Your fav. artist's artist fatboybrandon's Avatar

Nice album, to me it seemed to get better and more interesting with each song from star to finish. O.C. drops many jewels of life you can pick up on after the first listen.

I feel what KING PLATYPUS said about the beats on Trophies but I think that's what gives the album it's own character. After playing the whole thing and comparing it to most other albums of today I accept it as one of those albums strong in a particular boom-bap, sample-based
    sound. It's simple but I think it works.

Here are a couple original samples from the album:

Golden Child Shaolin Bloody Sword's Avatar

Can someone send me the download link ? Thanks. I just listened to the whole album at the link above & it sounds dope. I will definitely order a copy.

Veteran Member

there isnt a download link just yet I believe

Quote Originally Posted by Jin10304 View Post
    there isnt a download link just yet I believe
    incorrect.

google is your friend.

this is definitely one of the albums that's coming this year that's worth every single $/£/whatever. Mello Music Group has been giving a home to dope hip-hop like this and kept it coming out on a regular basis so the least we can do as fans is give the support to at least one or two of their releases each year. besides the CD and 2xLP "Trophies" is also set to be released as a vinyl DELUXE EDITION with a gatefold cover.

that joint "Prestige Of A King" that was released on the MMG compilation a few weeks ago makes for a great bonus track on here, BTW.

DuncanHine Monument Cakes CEITEDMOFO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KING PLATYPUS View Post
    Most of the beats sound REAL similar. Dope, but way too similar. Disappointing imo.
    SINCE THIS GUY ^ IS A MAJOR FAGGiT..

THIS LP SHOULD BE A CLASSIC, CANT WAIT TO HEAR IT LATER ON

Quote Originally Posted by Pestilence View Post
    Bronze Nazareth > Apollo Brown as a producer IMO
    FUCK U FAGGIT
    Last edited by CEITEDMOFO; 04-25-2012 at 07:23 AM.

Veteran Member

"incorrect.

google is your friend."

Been checking all the blogs, download spot and no, cant seem to find it. Only the full album stream is currently out.