Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Raekwon-Clyde smith skit (regular voice)

Default Re: Raekwon-Clyde smith skit (regular voice)

what about how it says RIP 50 Cent in the Immobilarity shoutouts in the CD booklet

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punch
    Maybe "on the low" was the wrong choice of wrds, what i meant was that they can diss him without taking responsibility for it. That''s what I don't like about subliminals, a rapper can, and usually does, deny the diss.

Say what you want about 50, but at least when he disses someone he calls out names.
    ok now im wonderin if youve listened to it or not, becasue he DOES say 50 Cent. Hes says "that nigga 50 Cent?" nothin "sublimanal" about that.

And also if youd of actually listenend to Clyde skit, you would know that Raekwon says that he (and other rappers) dont want to give 50 the fame by naming him in a track, thats just what 50 wants.

I think you should go back and listen again befire you start calling Rae&Ghost pussys compared to 50 cent.

Previously MF.Doom MF Viktor Herbz's Avatar

thats the REAL 50 cent!
    he was a REAL gangsta!

p.s 'dahnundanut nigga'!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GhostLaced
    ok now im wonderin if youve listened to it or not, becasue he DOES say 50 Cent. Hes says "that nigga 50 Cent?" nothin "sublimanal" about that.

And also if youd of actually listenend to Clyde skit, you would know that Raekwon says that he (and other rappers) dont want to give 50 the fame by naming him in a track, thats just what 50 wants.

I think you should go back and listen again befire you start calling Rae&Ghost pussys compared to 50 cent.
    I wasn't talking about Clyde Smith being subliminal, I was talking generally. On this site people go looking for subliminals where there are none. And yes Rae did name him, but he changed his voice and used a fake name. Why? Why not take responsibility for his words?

I know that Rae says that he doesn't want to give 50 any shine by naming him on a track, but like you said, he did it anyway, so what was the point of that?
    As for myself: I had come to the conclusion that there was nothing sacred about myself or any human being, that we were all machines, doomed to collide and collide and collide.
    - Kurt Vonnegut

MC Killa

dude its on a fuckin wu album. who the fuck else did it. its not like people didnt know who was sayin that shit. Its not like they can blame that shit on someone else. get fuckin real. the voice was changed to make it sound grimey. givin it an evil feel.

yeah, I posted this too before the crash because people were so convinced it was Ghost, but it's obviously Rae. Did this track come out before 50 got shot?

"This is my book, take a look, see if it grabs your attention, with a hook, the queen took the rook, into a new dimension" Tajeco

^
    At that point, he hadn't got shot yet.
    The Holy Temple Is The Mental

can someone hook me up with a link to this shit? I wanna hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by LordReveal
    can someone hook me up with a link to this shit? I wanna hear it.
    it's on the end of Supreme Clientele, and if you don't have it (which you should)there is a link in the first post of this thread.
    As for myself: I had come to the conclusion that there was nothing sacred about myself or any human being, that we were all machines, doomed to collide and collide and collide.
    - Kurt Vonnegut

Audio System/Diamond ShaolinDarts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punch
    Maybe "on the low" was the wrong choice of wrds, what i meant was that they can diss him without taking responsibility for it. That''s what I don't like about subliminals, a rapper can, and usually does, deny the diss.

Say what you want about 50, but at least when he disses someone he calls out names.
    I'm not too sure about this Clyde Smith thing myself as its just one of those things that doesn't really have too much logic in it. But about the not taking responsibility, I have to disagree - its on a Ghost album and it wouldn't be there if he didn't want to take responsibility for it. The same way Ghost has something to say to Biggie on Cuban Linx and its on Rae's album so he has to take responsibility for it.
    That's why we do the do, just know who is who, acknowledge me all day, and understand Wu is Wu - Chef Raekwon

I'm hood ornaments, junkies win awards in my tournaments - Chef Raekwon

50 Cent started this beef. He got a lyric on his album dissing the whole Staten Island including Wu-Tang. So, Ghost and Rae just were like: let's get back on this homo. 50 Cent said he liked the diss on SCL, in XXL 50 Cent said that he sended a bottle of liqour to Ghostface for this diss

btw: Thanks for this Regular Voice shit, I never heard this shit before.
    Wu-Tang Corp Admin Mark Mayoya

They didn't want to make it too obvious. If it was Rae in his own voice talking about 50, word would have spread, and people would wonder "who is 50 Cent, I haven't heard of him, but if a popular group like Wu-Tang mentions him, he must be important." Then he would get famous, before Eminem got him famous. So I don't think Rae is being cowardly, he had to speak out.

"This is my book, take a look, see if it grabs your attention, with a hook, the queen took the rook, into a new dimension" Tajeco

it's on the end of Supreme Clientele, and if you don't have it (which you should)there is a link in the first post of this thread.
    I do have it, but I thought theat this was a thread about a version of the skit with Raekwon's regular voice, not the deep voiced version on the album.

why do ya'll bring up old and dead beefs and drag on discussions about them when the artists themselves don't give two fucks?

"Reciting a biblical verse before I make your melon burst like that nigga Jules from Pulp Fiction...my salvation is salivation, and diction crucifixion" - Ras Kass

http://www.myspace.com/theblacksunn1 http://theblacksunn.blogspot.com