Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: List of every Jay Dee/J Dilla beat tape in circulation

@ Jasper

Why not make this a Dilla thread instead of a Dilla tapes thread? Just helping out

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

Beat CD '05 #3

I have it in 128kbps, but I was wondering if anybody has this in a higher quality?
    bring back begongo!!

bumping this thread as i've been blasting the shit out of these J Dilla beat tapes lately.. it's amazing the amount of beats Dilla put out on these tapes, there's incredible tracks on here that never turned up on any project. huge thanks to the people who put it out there for the people to enjoy, i'm sure to support the official projects but i can't get enough of Dilla.

a lot of beat tapes are mislabeled though... all those "Da 1st Installment" and "Da 2nd Installment", "Volume III", etc. are really the 2002 batches which there's 5 volumes of - featuring all the Jaylib tracks, the "Grind Date" joints and so on.

2005 also have 5 volumes but i heard that these were actually recorded 2003 or 2004... also the third volume of those batches which has been mislabeled "MPC 3000" should only have 28 tracks, the remaining 6 or 7 tracks are not Dilla songs at all but are by a producer known as Eric Rico.. i don't know how the fuck they ended up on there.. aside from that fuckery i believe the one mislabeled as "MPC 3000" is the "Pizza Man" beat tape that Peanut BUtter Wolf have talked about. it seems that when they put together "Donuts" they basically used the original "Donuts" tape which is like 24 songs over 30 minutes and added a bunch of beats from the "MPC" tape to make it a complete album

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Any chance you could upload some stuff?

Haha I feel like I ask you this question every 2 months.
    Non Ignorants

RIP

^ tomorrow i'll be uploading all five 2005 batches on The Lost Tapes, give me arequest if there's another specific tape you're looking for fam...

you should also definitely head over there and check out the very rare 2001 remix that J Dilla did for a Japanese trio called Shakkazombie... this is a cut that i've never seen mentioned in any official discography and it's absolutely amazing, soundwise i describe it as something in between "Fantastic Vol. 2" and his stuff on "Welcome 2 Detroit"

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

another very interesting revelation which i finally found out after years of researching the subject was the final confirmation that Dilla's hands were never on anything on D'Angelo's "Voodoo" album - aside from his obvious contribution by the influence of his sound, he had nothing to do with the song "Feel Like Makin' Love" which is often credited to him.

the original rumor stems from the fact that Questlove wrote in an article that "Jay Dee did the Lauryn track".. Lauryn Hill was supposed to appear on a song with D on the album which was produced by Jay Dee, but when she failed to make the session D'Angelo and the crew instead replaced that song with "Feel Like Makin' Love" over a totally different track.

i don't know if y'all have seen this yet, and i didn't bother making a thread for it or even post it on my blog though i think it is exciting news.. they are pressing up a new album / beat tape deluxe of officially unreleased J Dilla beats called "Dillatronic" focusing on his more stripped down, hard hitting, electronics inspired beats like "Keep It Coming" on the Frank-N-Dank LP, etc... one song has been released so far and it sounds dope to my ears.. can't remember hearing it on any beat tape before:

http://pitchfork.com/news/61323-j-di...instrumentals/

project drops October 30

sorry i haven't gotten around to upload any tapes yet y'all, i'm working on it.. the thing is that i want to sort out these tapes once and for all, since everybody is posting them and flashing the amount of beat tapes they have in their folders - while they OBVIOUSLY doesn't care to listen to them bc if they did they would notice that some of these bootlegs are just combinations of tapes, etc.

there's five 2002 batches with about 25 tracks on each, including an intro and outro on each presenting the material... there's also a beat tape floating around called "64 Beats 2002" which is just a selection of 64 beats from these five batches so that's just a space holder. such a simple thing to find out, yet i see lot of people on forums bragging about having ALL of these tapes LOL

as for the 2005 batches.. the one known as "MPC 3000" and the one known as "Beat CD #2" or batch #2 uses the same beats.. "MPC 3000" is more complete however as "Beat CD #2" combines them with some beats snatched of the 2002 batches. however, BE AWARE that "MPC 3000" (which i label as "2005 Batch #2") has about 6-7 additional tracks tagged on at the end that have nothing to do with Jay Dee (produced by a guy called Eric Rico. "MPC 3000"/"2005 Batch #2" have 29 tracks, that's it!

"Beat CD #1" and "Beat CD #5" have now been combined for me, making it a total of three 2005 batches (not 5, not 7 as some sources have it). the combined new "Batch #1", all songs sounds like they are ripped from the same source and i remember the first time i heard this tape it was combined like that, so track 23 is the first track on beat CD 5 and on from there... the "Motown" beat tape is the same as "Beat CD #3" and is one of the illest beat tapes of all time - had it been remastered and cut out maybe 5-10 of the 42 tracks you'd have a serious rival to "Donuts".

to be continued...