Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What do all you cats think of Wu-Tang Clan's "The W"?

The last great Wu-Tang group effort.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    Thanks for your hate hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Been listening to this album since this thread started. Feels good to go back and listen from a fresh prospective. Great album indeed.
    The brutal offspring of Conan and Red Sonja.

Quote Originally Posted by JASPER BEARDLY View Post
    take out conditioner and the rest is dope as fuck

i don't mind conditioner but it's not as good as the rest of the shit
    ^
    Thats how I always felt.
    Yo!

flamboyant steez liquidswordchamber36's Avatar

Careful (Click Click) ,Protect Ya Neck The Jump Off and Chamber music are the best tracks on the album for me personally.

Audio System/Diamond ShaolinDarts's Avatar

Best produced Wu Tang group album.

This albums greatness is mostly owed to Rzas stewardship over the album.
    That's why we do the do, just know who is who, acknowledge me all day, and understand Wu is Wu - Chef Raekwon

I'm hood ornaments, junkies win awards in my tournaments - Chef Raekwon

Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinDarts View Post
    Best produced Wu Tang group album.

This albums greatness is mostly owed to Rzas stewardship over the album.
    Really? You prefer this album's production over 36 Chambers and the advanced production on Wu-Tang Forever? RZA did a great job, started experimenting here but both albums I mentioned earlier are lightyears ahead of this album and I'm not trying to disrespect The W it's still a great album but not close to those two.

-Diamond in the Rough- 3rdEyeVizion's Avatar

Classic album. Could've done without some of the features though..

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Not one of my favorites but it has its moments; I only just realized this past November 21st
    listening to this joint for its eleven year anniversary that the lady crying about her baby getting shot was actually Ghost Face Killah.

Audio System/Diamond ShaolinDarts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by THE GENIUS View Post
    Really? You prefer this album's production over 36 Chambers and the advanced production on Wu-Tang Forever? RZA did a great job, started experimenting here but both albums I mentioned earlier are lightyears ahead of this album and I'm not trying to disrespect The W it's still a great album but not close to those two.
    Yes really.

This was the first Wu group album that had direction throughout like the early solos did.

Forever was a great album but the album itself had no cohesion. W isn't better than the 2 before but it creates a soundscape like no other Wu album did.
    That's why we do the do, just know who is who, acknowledge me all day, and understand Wu is Wu - Chef Raekwon

I'm hood ornaments, junkies win awards in my tournaments - Chef Raekwon

album as a whole is dope but it kinda came outta nowhere after Forever not that it was too soon or nuttin [dropped Nov. 2000] but the promotion and marketing for it was poor IMO specially after the huge success of Forever.. honestly can do without the guest appearances too, didnt mind Issac Hayes & Junior Reid but the non-wu mcees on it i thought werent necessary..

The W is dope but Iron flag is lyrically superior

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tekunique View Post
    album as a whole is dope but it kinda came outta nowhere after Forever not that it was too soon or nuttin [dropped Nov. 2000] but the promotion and marketing for it was poor IMO specially after the huge success of Forever.. honestly can do without the guest appearances too, didnt mind Issac Hayes & Junior Reid but the non-wu mcees on it i thought werent necessary..
    What's Wrong with Redman, Busta Rhymes, Snoop Dogg & Nas??? That's an All Star line up. That's only 4 tracks. They bodied all of their verses.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Quote Originally Posted by RILEY FREEMAN View Post
    What's Wrong with Redman, Busta Rhymes, Snoop Dogg & Nas??? That's an All Star line up. That's only 4 tracks. They bodied all of their verses.
    Nas and Redman - Yes
    Busta and Snoop - No

Considering ODB only had one verse on the album, it would have been better to hear some other Wu members on the track with him rather than just Snoop. And I didnt like Busta on there either. Wu solo albums is fine but Busta shouldnt be on a group joint IMO.

I got no problem with Nas being on it though, he ripped his joint to shreds. Redman too, Redbull is probably one of my favourite joints on the album!

Peace!

That was as that stage where snoop fell off in my opinion ,

Prospect

Quote Originally Posted by tekunique View Post
    i agree on the emcee's for sure, but where the hell were u when it dropped? they were on mtv's trl with carson just like they were a fucking boy band. than 106 & park than the embarrasing gravel pit video. the w was all rifkind & he promoted the shit out of it.