Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ok, who have you seen live?

Default Ok, who have you seen live?

Post the names of the rappers you have seen live...

names in brackets mean they were travelling with said rapper...

Nas & Damian Marley
    at like a peaceful festival with african music and island music, count your blessings live was epic! really great show!
    nas is my favourite mc so yeah this was great!

Ice Cube (W.C.)
    great show! im a big cube fan so this was epic to me...

Joell Ortiz
    in a really small venue with not a lot of people attending but joell rocked it like he was performing for an entire stadium!! YYYAAAAAAWAAAAAAAA...

Slaughterhouse
    This was last week, in a small venue which was cool. i wanted to see joe budden for years cus he's one of my favourite mc's... when he came out he had a weird hat on and sun glasses, i thought oh shit he's gonna be an arrogant fuck the whole show... after 10 mins. he took the glasses off and gave it everything he had. he couldnt stop flirting from a far with this tall bitch standing right next to me... they definitely smashed... great performance by all 4 mc's... great interaction with the crowd... dudes were having fun up there...

Cypress Hill
    i wasnt a huge fan before i came to their show... but i left as one... shit this was great!! on like a big festival and they rocked it!!

Gza (Killah priest)
    This was the 'liquid swords' tour a few years ago... liquid swords is one of my favourite albums so i couldnt miss this... before the show everybody's talking and drinking, than all of a sudden the lights go off and all you hear is ' when i was little my father was famous...' everybody lost their minds!! great show by gza!
    killah priest signed my liquid swords cover!

Method Man & Redman
    mef & red did a great performance but we arrived a bit too late so we were standing quite far from the podium... i had fun though...

Raekwon
    another cool smaller venue, and rae gave it everything he had, some dumbass threw a drink at him, you could tell he was mad as fuck but he said he wasnt going to let this ruin the show for the people that came to see him! great dude!

rahzel
    this was a really long time ago, so i dont remember it as vividly, he was great though...

Razhel , supernatural who freestyled about a spliff i gave him lol ,
    guru , de la soul , slum village , smutt peddlars foreign beggars , and jeru who did his famous,excuse me while i light my spliff and went to the dj table to have a puff on a blunt lol,
    This was all at 2 gigs in uk

fucking nice!

meth tecnique ghost red rahzel krs-one DOOM JMT cypress rza ill bill snoop gza the clan (minus meth and rza-inc. young dirty) plus a shitload of aussies and alot of 1990s metal acts - and some i bet i forgot. see Ghost n DOOM + chino xl friday week.

.......................oh yeah ive seen killa priest live and he is spose to be at Ghost n DOOM

..............RAEkwon

Your fav. artist's artist fatboybrandon's Avatar

Lightbulb

I remember a thread like this in the Sound Shack. I've got both memories of live shows and just seeing people in person here in NYC.

Met DMX around 2002 and GZA during Liquid Swords release at a store called Harlem Music Hut that used to be on the corner of 125th & BWay, saw Raekwon there again later during The Lex Diamonds Story and DJ Kay Slay around the same time.

Saw Ghostface perform on the stairsteps of Columbia University on my birthday during Fishscale. I also saw Nas perform their years earlier during Nastradamus.

Saw Jay-Z at the back of a clothing store called Atrium in the East Village/Soho during In My Lifetime Vol. 2

Saw Hank Shocklee at Tekserve about a year ago. That's a computer store at 23rd st. here in Manhattan.

Saw Chubb Rock in the 42nd St train station near Times Square years ago

Saw Redman perform in Florida with my cousin during his tour for Whut Thee Album in 1993. I saw MC Lyte at an in store for her 4th album near my cousins house that same summer in Baltimore Maryland.

Saw ?uestlove of The Roots a few months ago at a conference @ NYU college and in 2000 backing Common at Central Park Summerstage.

Saw Bobbito Garcia numerous times either at his store Footwork, at Fat Beats or Sound Library.

At Fat Beats record store I've seen Q-Tip, Jean Grae, DJ Muggs, Percee P, Da Beatminerz, Yak Ballz, Skyzoo, Rustee Juxx, Torae, Marco Polo, DJ Premier and The Gravediggaz during The Pick, Sickle & Shovel in store. For the artists who worked there I saw Ill Bill of Non Phixion, Breeze from Juggaknots, Q-Unique, Sebb and DJ Eclipse the manager all the time.

At Sound Library/Big City Record Store I've seen Lord Finesse and Large Professor.

At record show/conventions I've seen Diamond D, 88 Keys, Da Beatminerz, Kool Herc, Rob Swift, Kid Capri, Chairman Mao, Cut Chemist, Buckwild.

At Sam Ash audio gear store at 47th st near Times Square in Manhattan I saw RZA, GZA, A Tribe Called Quest and Lord Finesse around 1997.

Around 1997 I saw Shabazz The Disciple & Lord Jamar perform a set together at a club called Wetlands in NY, Natural Elements and Dead Prez were also on the show.

Saw Obie Trice perform for Bottom Up a few years ago at a club called SOBs, I remember looking to my right and seeing Pharoahe Monch and Ras Kass speaking to each other in the crowd.

I was at the outdoor show on 125th St in Harlem around '95 with Biggie and The Wu performing where there was a shooting. There might be some clips of this on YouTube.

Sadat X used to live in my building believe it or not so I've seen him live plenty of times. The Broadway uptown block he speaks about at the end of Black October where he got arrested for a gun charge is a place I visit often.

I remember seeing Chi Ali on 145th St btwn Broadway & Amsterdam around '93 and Ed Lover in a barbershop I used to go to in the same area.

I saw Greg Nice a few times at a barbershop I used to go to on 125th St. called Levels which is owned by Zhigge member Kazo who also used to dance for Special Ed.

At 90.3 FM WHCR Harlem Community Radio at City College I met J-Live and Organized Konfusion during an interview for their 3rd album Equinox.

I saw Black Milk perform at Fat Beats about 2 years ago, that was one of their last in stores b4 they closed. He's one of the best to do it with a live band. There was people flowing onto the sidewalk down the steps for that show.

Hope that's enough memories for ya, lol

living in NYC must be amazing!

Your fav. artist's artist fatboybrandon's Avatar

Yeah NYC is cool, life in the ghetto has had it's ups and downs over the years but Hip Hop is what provided an escape as a series of good memories. I'm thinking about making a move back to Cali where I used to live next.

I forgot a couple other moments. One is when I met Fredro and Sticky Fingaz at the Phat Farm store in the East Village for an in store for the album Shut Em Down, they signed by copy of Bacdafucup.

Another is when I met Jeru The Damaja outside of HMV record store in Manhattan's Herald Square for an in store of his 2nd album Wrath Of The Math. There was a bomb scare in the store that night so they had people lineup to see him at a van on he sidewalk. I had him sign the back of my Hard To Earn CD which is currently in my avatar.

Shaolin Master

I've seen:

Wu-Tang as a whole
    Raekwon (solo)
    Rae/Ghost perform OB4CL
    Killah Priest perform Heavy Mental
    Ghost/Priest
    GZA perform Liquid Swords
    Masta Killa perform No Said Date
    Nas perform Illmatic
    Snoop perform Doggystyle
    Common perform Be
    Cypress Hill
    A Tribe Called Quest
    KRS One
    Rakim
    Public Enemy
    Rage Against the Machine
    EPMD
    Redman
    Busta Rhymes
    Souls of Mischief/Hieroglyphics
    Lauren Hill
    Random Axe
    Mobb Deep
    Alchemist
    Pete Rock/DJ Premier set
    Roc Marciano
    The Roots
    Talib Kweli
    Mos Def
    Supernatural
    Slick Rick
    DJ Muggs
    AZ
    Warren G
    Kurupt
    Mean Doe Green

Veteran Member

drake
    lil b
    lil wayne
    omarion
    lil bow wow

Veteran Member

lol

Shaolin Student

Pumpkinhead
    RZA, Beretta 9 & Cilvaringz
    Jurassic 5 x 2
    Gang Starr
    The Roots
    De La Soul
    Blackalicious
    Wu Tang Clan
    Lyrics Born
    JMT & Outerspace
    Prince Paul
    DJ QBert,Roc Raida, DJ Craze, DJ Jazzy Jay
    Beatnuts
    DJ Muggz GZA Killah Preist
    Black Eyed Peas (just after 1st LP when they were Dope)
    DJ Rectangle

Justin Bieber! he beatboxed and uvrethun!

Ill Bill & Vinnie Paz
    GZA
    Gangrene
    Dilated Peoples, Busy B, Coke La Rock & Grandwizard Theodore
    Alchemist & Just Blaze
    Method Man & Cilvaringz
    Snoop Dogg, Daz & Lady of Rage
    Tech N9ne & Krizz Kaliko
    Psycho Realm
    Dogg Pound, E-40, Too Short, Xzibit & DJ Muggs.
    Public Enemy
    Game
    Last edited by Frank Sobotka; 05-27-2012 at 04:23 AM.