Thread: Ice Cube interview about new album!!!

Livin It Up

Exclamation Ice Cube interview about new album!!!

Ice Cube has been able to successfully segue between acting and rapping for over 20 years now. This time around isn’t any different.

Fresh off of portraying Captain Dickson in the March film, 21 Jump Street, Cube is knee-deep into working on his 10th solo album, Everything’s Corrupt, which he says is “70 percent done.”

“The title is kinda self-explanatory in a lot of ways,” the Don Mega began to explain to XXLMag.com. “It’s everywhere we look, it’s just like corruption has seeped in. It’s a shame, but it’s true. This whole world is about the almighty dollar. The record is really just really speaking on that. There’s a title track that really goes into it. The record is just that West Coast hardcore hip-hop; it’s really what fans of mine have kinda been accustomed to, so I ain’t about to change.”

Cube plans on putting the finishing touches on it asap and making a formal release date announcement next week.

Before that, though, the rap icon did take the time to break down a few of the records off the upcoming album.

“I gotta track called, ‘Dominate The Weak,’ talking about people that fall asleep and become sheep are usually dominated and we can’t do that,” Cube said. “I gotta song called, ‘One For The Money,’ which is really talking about how it used to be ‘One for the money, two for the show…’ Now, it’s one for the money, two for the money. The record is talking about where everybody head’s at right now.

“I gotta record called ‘Take What We Want’ and that’s about being confident about whatever you want and not waiting for someone to give it to you. Just take it,” Cube continued.

Well-thought out records have always been a staple throughout Cube’s prolific career, but the notion of having a bunch of featured guests is something the MC has isn’t going to be warm about on this album.

“I ain’t really big on features because you buy an Ice Cube record to hear me,” said Cube. “I don’t think you buy it to hear who I did a song with.”

That being said, Cube did confirm that his sons, OMG and Doughboy, will be featured on the album, as well as his Westside Connection brethren, WC.

While finishing up his album, Cube, alongside DJ Drama and DJ Khaled, are working with Coors Light for their Search For The Coldest MC contest (More info here).

“Coors Light done stepped up to the plate and they’re searching for the coldest MC in the country,” Cube said. “DJ Khaled and DJ Drama are helping us really navigating through all these MCs and all their lyrics. Hopefully they’ll make it to the finals and get down. We’re really looking for lyricists, not somebody who just gotta good jingle or hook you could send to your grandma. We want somebody who can flow, who got presence…the whole package. It’s cool that Coors Light is giving new MCs this platform.”

Cooler that Ice Cube has more music on the way.—Mark Lelinwalla

http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2012/05/i...-on-new-album/

where is WC

-

Ice Cube needs to stop making albums. I haven't liked any of his albums after Death Certificate. The Predator and Lethal Injection albums have a few songs i like. Bootlegs And B-Sides album is good. He's still a good rapper but i don't like his beats anymore.

-

LOL@picture of him hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Where did you find that picture? He looks like Rick James and the guys that were in the gay rap group with Dr Dre called World Class Wreckin Crew hahahahahahahahahaha. I saw his recent movie Rampart with Woody Harrelson and it sucks. I'm gonna see his 21 Jump Street movie today from the video store. The video store i go to usually gets new releases the week before it comes out. I saw his Smoke Some Weed video today on Youtube from Laugh Now Cry Later album. That song is pretty good. I didn't know he had a video for that.

any more updates or news on new album ? cant wait!

-

I bought Ice Cube's greatest hits from Best Buy last week and i'm glad i got it because i like the songs Pushin Weight, Hello, We Be Clubbin. Fatal Guillotine, WC did a album last year i believe. I forgot the name of it but i saw it at Amazon.com. I can't listen to the songs at Amazon. So i'm gonna see if i can find them on Youtube. I haven't liked a album from him since The Shadiest One.

Livin It Up

^this man knows wc is ill waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better then mack 1-0. that cheddar song was the shit. my favorite cut from them is probably Bow down

-

I just looked up WC's last album at Amazon.com and it's called Revenge Of The Barricuda. It came out last year. He has 12 songs. I love Westside Connection's Let It Reign song on Thicker Than Water soundtrack. Have you heard that song Big Smokes? The video is tight. Thicker Than Water soundtrack is good. The movie is alright too. My boy MC Eiht is in the movie. He was a part of Fat Joe's gang. LOL@scene when MC Eiht dissed this black woman that was sitting on the porch with him, Fat Joe and 2 other guys when he said to her, what the fuck you laughing at. Take your ass to the store and go run and get some blunts muthafucka LOL. Run LOL.

MC Eiht is a funny guy. I still laugh at his scenes in Menace II Society movie when he told Caine when he was leaving from a party with Larenz Tate, Stacey, Shareef and a black girl that he was going to get some gas for the hooptie. The black girl said to him, your ass should've filled up before we got here, stupid ass muthafucka LOL. He said shut up bitch LOL. Then when he got to the gas station, he asks Larenz, Stacey, Shareef and the black girl do they got some snaps on the petro hahahahahahahahaha. Ya'll niggas broke than a muthafucka LOL. Slanging all that shit in the hood and ain't got no muthafucking money LOL. Fuck that. Pump my shit LOL. He also had me laughing when he told Chauncey, get your bitch ass up and answer the door. Sitting over there with a babydoll and shit LOL. He had me laughing when he told Caine at the park, leave that bitch alone when he saw him talking to a woman. It's too bad he hasn't made a good album in a long time. Music To Driveby was the last album of his i liked.

-

Another funny scene i like with MC Eiht in Menace II Society is when Caine got shot when he was with his cousin Harold who is rapper Saafir and when MC Eiht, Larenz, Stacey, black girl took Caine to the hospital and MC Eiht says to the nurse, bitch get us a muthafucking doctor hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

nada ignorante

I didnt know about that latest WC album. Hes put out some solid albums.
    N.I.

-

WC is a good rapper but I'm disappointed in several of his albums because of the beats and he takes too long to put out albums. I was listening to The Shadiest One a few days ago and I listened to the songs Just Clownin and Cheddar that he had videos for. Those songs are the best on the album. Hotnikks, check out WC and the Madd Circle's Quick Way Out song on Trespass soundtrack. Coolio raps on it. I was listening to that soundtrack today. I think Ice Cube's lyrics were ignorant on WC and Mack 10's West Up song when he said in the east we can be brothers but when you come to LA, watch your muthafucking colors. That's sad that black men from the eastcoast will get killed when they come to Los Angeles if they wear red or blue because of the crips and bloods gangs. If I was to come to Los Angeles, I wouldn't go to the black neighborhoods anyway hahahahahahahahahahahaha. I like George Duke's Reach For It sample they used on West Up. RIP George.

Big Smokes, I think Westside Connection's best song is King Of The Hill dissing Cypress Hill hahahahahahahahahahaha. Ice Cube made me laugh when he said I don't know one bitch on your dick and I don't know one nigga bumping your shit hahahahahahahahahaha. Coming with a voice high pitch. The b for B-Real must stand for bitch LOL. At the end of the song, he mocked B-Real when he was singing Cypress Hill's Illusions song and he said I'm having illusions LOL. From westside niggas whipping on your muthafucking ass hahahahahahahahahahaha. That's what you having illusions of bitch LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.