Thread: Radio Edits of C.R.E.A.M. and Da Mystery of Chessboxin' are superior versions

Default Radio Edits of C.R.E.A.M. and Da Mystery of Chessboxin' are superior versions

Wow, just heard the radio edits of all the singles, I have to say that the instrumental changes to Cream and Chessboxin make them better than the album versions. I have so many ideas to make 36 Chambers better than its original form, I'm surprised there hasn't been an updated and remastered edition released yet. The album could use more varied drum tracks and more gritty sound effects like wind sword effects.

yeah this should be a thread about things that would make this terrible album better. my ideas:

- First off, get rid of wack RZA beats and get will-i-am and whoever produced 'black and yellow' to finish it

- Take out GZA as member and replace with Adele to give the album more soul and mainstream appeal for chubby chasers.

- Kung Fu themed style is wack. they should drop that and call the group '8 men and a baby jesus' complete with menacing steve guttenberg samples.

can't think of any more right now, but thanks for reminding me how trashy this album is.

DuncanHine Monument Cakes CEITEDMOFO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by liquidswordsss View Post
    more gritty sound effects like wind sword effects.

Quote Originally Posted by liquidswordsss View Post
    Wow, just heard the radio edits of all the singles I'm surprised there hasn't been an updated and remastered edition released yet. The album could use more varied drum tracks and more gritty sound effects like wind sword effects.
    They already released that 36 chambers superior edited radio mix CD with all the remastered/reworked songs, but it only has 9 tracks, amazon.com sells it. The good things about it is that the songs sound clearer and better than the original CD and that RZA went back and re-did the instrumentals for all the 7 singles with louder drums and extra layers of new sounds to the tracks. Most of the time i wanna listen to 36 chambers i play the radio mix versions since it makes the the album versions sound like a rough copy. But that was something common back then to redo your singles for the radio stations to like it.

Quote Originally Posted by mAlAkAz View Post
    They already released that 36 chambers superior edited radio mix CD with all the remastered/reworked songs, but it only has 9 tracks, amazon.com sells it. The good things about it is that the songs sound clearer and better than the original CD and that RZA went back and re-did the instrumentals for all the 7 singles with louder drums and extra layers of new sounds to the tracks. Most of the time i wanna listen to 36 chambers i play the radio mix versions since it makes the the album versions sound like a rough copy. But that was something common back then to redo your singles for the radio stations to like it.
    Wow! Never heard about that mix cd ... Can you provide me with links or something else about this CD with remastered/reworked songs please ?
    Nobody fucks with The Realest fan of Wu, R-G-to the U, two thousand and two !

I have the radio edit 36 chambers CD. it's cool to have just for "shame on a nuh" hahah

but in re: the op: eeeeeehh.. I don't know. the inclusion of the sfx is cool, but they could have included the same sounds in the lp version, just like they did on 'careful (click, click)' and the 'cold world' remix.

I've always preferred the SINGLE version of C.R.E.A.M. (solomon's ancestors) buddha monk singing, the beat change on 'stick up kids, corrupt cops and crack rocks' all that makes it a better record. I never understood why they use the album version on the legend of the wu-tang album, just like the wu-chronicles joints, they're lazy as fuck when it comes to this kind of thing. even though they came through with the 'bloody version' of 'protect ya neck'
    Last edited by Sparrow Daene; 06-21-2012 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow Daene View Post
    I have the radio edit 36 chambers CD.
    Yo can you show me this CD please ? Or give some information where I can find this version of album ?

I'll try to find it. I have it somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow Daene View Post
    I'll try to find it. I have it somewhere
    Do this please homie!

damn I forgot that the beat for 'chessboxin' is a little different too. you might be right about this bruh.

I'm uploading the clean 36 chambers right now

Props for upping them fam!

Peace!

Thanx a lot !!! Appreciate it ))