Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Neverending Shenmue thread

Damn, I know what you're talking about but I can't remember where it is...

I'll have to look it up for ya.
    Still Ain't Nuttin Ta Fuk Wit

the sword guard is in a drawer at home i cant remember which room though

BBC Show VideoGaiden Starts Shenmue 3 Campaign
    The power of videoGaiden commands it! Rab and Ryan are at odds over Shenmue 3 (a game that never was). Expect a bloody campaign ahead...

OFFICIAL STATEMENT

"Ladies, Gentlemen, Barry Burtons… Rise and fight alongside us.

videoGaiden proudly presents THE SHENMUE 3 APPEAL, the ultimate campaign to force the games industry into finishing the glorious story that was started by Yu Suzuki all those years ago. With the influence of videoGaiden, the power of the British Broadcasting Corporation, and the collective multimedia might of gamers everywhere, how can we possibly fail?

What do we want? We want closure. We want Ryo Hazuki's story to be told to its end. We want to see ambition rewarded. We want a straight "Yes." No other answer will do.

We will fight the good fight. We will march on their buildings. We will sing songs of praise. We will write golden words that will lift the hearts of this increasingly cold industry. We will make them all say "Yes." We will make this industry do something for us.

We will bring about the promise of Shenmue 3 and it will be our finest moment.

Each week on videoGaiden we will be bringing you a report straight from the Campaign Room. Each week we will take the fight that bit further. You will be our global soldiers, our videoGaiden Shenmarines.

And we will be asking much of you.

The uprising begins on the 5th of November 2006. Failure is not an option."

Rab Florence
    COUNTER STATEMENT

"Clear thinking gamers of the world. Your time has come to make a global stand for truth.

Which truth? The truth that Shenmue is the most overrated series in video games history. We know this and so do you.

However, brothers and sisters, there are some still among us that are convinced otherwise. They tell themselves they "love" Shenmue. They use words like "innovative" and "emotional" to describe these games. Some of these deluded fools are even convinced that today, in the year 2006, a Shenmue 3 release is still a possibility!

These people are a sickness and need our help. They need your help.

videoGaiden will become base camp for the most significant public service the BBC has ever performed. The suppression of Shenmue 3 propaganda and the reprogramming of Shenmue addicts.

With truth we will dissolve the smoke screen of Shenmue.

In the coming weeks you must be ready to spread the truth. On every street, in every house, every office building, you must say and wear and be the truth for those that live without it.

We at videoGaiden will collate all data concerning our progress and will feedback to you each week via our campaign base.

The truth is ours to share my friends. Let them know of it and let them be happy.

Suppression and Re-education begins on the 5th of November 2006."

Ryan Macleod

GET READY TO GET INVOLVED...

Oztradamus

^ They should just make a petition

Quote Originally Posted by Oztradamus View Post
    ^ They should just make a petition
    Aleady done about 4 years ago.

chea I think I signed it like 10 times.

BIG L Rest In Peace

Shenmue III: The Campaign Continues...

As we've already reported here, BBC Scotland's fantastic maverick videogame show videoGaiden - or, more specifically one half of the show's presenting team, Robert Florence - is starting a campaign for a third game in Sega's legendary Shenmue series to be made. Press Start Online caught up with everyone's favourite Consolevanian (which wasn't too difficult - he's built for comfort, not speed) and sneakily slipped him a piece of paper with some questions on, while he made a strange pattern with some upturned cups...

Shenmue III, then. Of all the as-yet-unmade games you could have chosen to campaign for, why this one in particular?

It's Shenmue! Stupidly ambitious. Stubbornly its own man. And unfinished! Imagine the Mona Lisa had been painted, but Da Vinci ran out of paint before he could get her bottom lip in. Exactly.

I see. How would you describe the Shenmue series to people who haven't played it before? And what's your personal favourite moment from the series so far?

I'd tell them that it's a game that they'd either love or hate, but wouldn't fail to admire. I'd tell them that its maybe the game that gets closest to what life is actually like - waiting at bus stops and looking for sailors. And the best bit? For all the amazing moments in those two games, it has to be either the wee cat, or the bike ride home. If you've played it, you'll be nodding right now.

We're like a Churchill dog. So what sort of thing are you expecting from petitioners? And is there anything in particular that you personally would like to see? Like photos of people dressed up as Ryo, or video clips of people searching for some sailors perhaps?

I want to see photos and videos. We're planning to do a thing based around photos. If I was in charge, I'd want some crazy fool to chain themselves up outside a Sega building until the game is announced, and tell them Rab Florence sent them. But I can't condone that, because of BBC regulations. I don't condone that when you do it, okay? We've already got a games shop in Barcelona emailing the BBC to say they'll stick a campaign poster in their window. Isn't that fucking amazing?

Certainly is. And it seems that the BBC are very much behind the idea of the campaign. Was it difficult to get them on board?

A bit. They thought it was a great idea, but there are rules. The BBC can't be seen to be promoting any product that might exist, so that's why there's a counter-campaign. Fair and balanced, that's the BBC way. But this interview's not about that other campaign, so lets say nothing more about it.

Er, okay. The Shenmue series is one that polarises opinion. Are you concerned that the counter-campaign which we're not talking about could yet be more successful than your own? Or that 'voter apathy' could bring your bandwagon grinding to a halt?

Voter apathy is the danger. If there's a shitty response, I'll tear the internet a new arsehole in the last episode. There's no fear of the counter-campaign being a success, though. People who don't like Shenmue couldn't be bothered turning up at work to drive a forklift, so they certainly won't be able to shift themselves to rally against us.

Your lazybones videoGaiden co-host Ryan is the man in charge of the counter-campaign. Do you have any dirty tricks planned to kybosh his attempts to scupper your petition?

I love Ryan like a brother, so I'll be kind and let him get on with it. People shouldn't judge him harshly on his stance on this one. He's a good man, really.

We'll let it slide then, this once. How do you honestly expect Sega to react when you confront them with this evidence of the huge following the series has?

I think they'll be bemused. I think they might throw up their hands and ask what they're supposed to do when they're assured that yet another fucking awful Sonic game will make them money, and Shenmue III might kill them. But I might be wrong. They might collapse and cry tears and greenlight the game right there. Who knows? It's a money thing. You think maybe a Peter Moore might offer to pay for the game to be made? Let's all email him and ask.

Finally, can you tell PSO a little bit about what else to expect from the next series of videoGaiden?

You'll get reviews, recommendations, rants and a games criticism robot. What else do you need?

Well, absolutely nothing, clearly. Thanks for your time!

videoGaiden will be back on BBC Scotland very soon indeed, and for those of us residing south of the border, on the internet sometime shortly thereafter no doubt. Chris Schilling
    I wonder how much is actually done now

I dont know what to believe anymore. I think ill only believe it when its out.

BIG L Rest In Peace

Quote Originally Posted by 36chambers View Post
    I dont know what to believe anymore. I think ill only believe it when its out.
    I hope they fucking release it. Love that game haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Ill Shogun Lord View Post
    lol the only reason this thread is neverending
    is cuz shenmue 1

i couldnt find the guard to the sword i searched every takin all them damn bus's dude where is that thing
    i think its called a guard right above the hilt
    its at the antique shop

the father took it there before he got killed
    all the points have been made

7/14/06
    In a interview about Shenmue Online, Yu Suzuki makes a statement when asked about Shenmue III. Here is a rough translation:

"Regarding Shenmue 3, we're not carrying on relative development yet, and I can't give you any further information for the time being."

BIG L Rest In Peace

maybe Cuban Linx 2 will be packaged wiff Shenmue 3
    all the points have been made

Update on that BBC thing Jet Set reported on.

* "The BBC has contacted Sega and we are now waiting for an official statement in time for filming our final show" ~Rab Florence~

BIG L Rest In Peace

I just got a copy of sweet Yu Suzuki Game Works.
    That's
    - Space Harrier
    - Outrun
    - After Burner II
    - Hang On
    - Power Drift

Arcade perfect. Quality time spending gaming.
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997