Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kool G Rap Appreciation thread

Default Kool G Rap Appreciation thread

still play g rap constantly,one of my most played itunes artists id say.
    Fuck it,the legend deserves the respect,can't wait to hear a whole album on necro beats.
    Post up songs,interviews vids of g rap..

Last edited by J-Cee; 06-21-2012 at 08:01 AM.

dope thread.

KGR is god

Your fav. artist's artist fatboybrandon's Avatar

I've notice a lot of people seem to favor disses, hate and controversy around here, I hope this audio entertains like none other in that regard.

Non Ignorant Math Team

dont know how many people have heard this. cool epilogue

this has gotta b 1 of the gr8est flows on a song ever. thats the best breath control possible. theres no higher stage

NON-IGS

The Thrill of It All spammy sosa's Avatar

Last edited by spammy sosa; 06-21-2012 at 09:43 AM.

Avant-garde

Non Ignorant Math Team

NON-IGS

Non Ignorant Math Team

its gr8 that they uploaded the whole album on utube

NON-IGS

G Rap is that dude! my list of fav rappers always changes but hes a constant fixture since i started listening to him.

his solo albums were good -great (havent listened to DJ Polo stuff) but i felt the production didnt match up to his skills- especially on his later albums compared to the type of production other guys not even half as legendary as him got.

I dont know if its budget issues or what, because for a guy like G Rap enough guys like Buckwild/M Polo/ Alc/Fizzy Womack/Jake-1 would lace him for an album (Domingo is good producer thouygh) its not enough to have like 1 premo beat on the album

His latest album had like 3 good beats and the rest were mediocre, wit like 5 love songs on a G Rap album.

rappings never been an issue with KGR cuz he always comes through but he needs someone to exec produce his albums.
    Last edited by Shadow Demon; 07-03-2012 at 05:14 PM.

cant wait for this album.

Non Ignorant Math Team

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Demon View Post
    G Rap is that dude! my list of fav rappers always changes but hes a constant fixture since i started listening to him.

his solo albums were good -great (havent listened to DJ Polo stuff) but i felt the production didnt match up to his skills- especially on his later albums compared to the type of production other guys not even half as legendary as him got.

I dont know if its budget issues or what, because for a guy like G Rap enough guys like Buckwild/M Polo/ Alc/Fizzy Womack/Jake-1 would lace him for an album (Domingo is good producer thouygh) its not enough to have like 1 premo beat on the album

His latest album had like 3 good beats and the rest were mediocre, wit like 5 love songs on a G Rap album.

rappings never been an issue with KGR cuz he always comes through but he needs someone to exec produce his albums.
    his albums with polo r overall better. he only has 1 solo classic which is 4 5 6. roots of evil is definitely kool g at his best and overall in terms of flow and lyrics that album is a top 10 or possibly top 5 performance from any rapper but it had a couple of bad beats which put me off so i only think of it as near classic. giancana story is when kool g started running outta steam a bit. its a solid album but its got quite a bit of filler.

his albums with polo r all classics but road to riches is the only really one with good beats. he definitely shouldve had better production.

NON-IGS

ye man theres tones of producers who would probably lace KGR for free, yet for his latest album he got some weak ass beats

youd think it be like that but it aint. producers gotta get there money too, even tho they have a level of respect, i dont think it goes down like that.

producers given out free beats, at least with the well established producers