Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: ATTN: About Upcoming Cilvaringz Project!

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Exclamation ATTN: About Upcoming Cilvaringz Project!

This album is the last hope for ANYTHING Wu-Tang. If this is a dud then wrap it up. The clan had it's re-spark when Raekwon dropped Cuban Linx II, did they capitalize? Some did, some didn't. Bottom line is the time has come, they're becoming more irrelevant by the day. To any of the clan or Killa Beez reading this, if you can't take criticism why are you still in the game? I'm a die hard fan, but this is the reality of things right now. This album is supposed to bring back the Wu-Forever sound which is straight so we all have hopes for this shit. The ball is in Cilvaringz hand right now lol haha damn.

Ghostface Killah - Has about 4-5 years left in the tank, only nigga that is still relevant. SC2 should be good, Wu-Block Should be on point. Only nigga still dropping quality music in the clan.

Raekwon - I'm not sure about him, Unexpected Victory was ok, about to drop CLIII, theme is getting tired. The thing is, it's too late for a new theme, so bring it on Rae.

RZA - Beyond Hip-Hop, I'll be surprised if he comes back, good for him. Unfortunately haven't heard a good beat from him since CLII, but those beats could be years old.

GZA - LOL at people waiting on a Gza album.

U-God - Read Gza Comment.

Inspectah Deck - Dropping The Rebellion, How long is this going to take? It's getting to the point now that we don't care.

Masta Killa - Lost all interest in the new album, buzz is dead, drop something or nothing at all.

Method Man - Read Gza comment, still trying to recover from Tical 0 disaster. Will still have movies to fall back on.

At this point in time, 9/10 Killa Beez are either
    1) Wack
    2) Waited too long to drop a solo and we don't care anymore
    3) Trying too hard
    4) Bitter
    5) Need to retire

so depending on those dudes to drop some quality shit is taking an L as well. Except Priest & Razah, Bronze is on the come up if he can get a Ghostwriter.

Bottom line is this is definitely the last stretch no matter what ya'll fan boys can come up with, if you're satisfied with mediocre shit then good for you. Keep sucking it in.

Wu-Tang isn't dropping QUALITY music anymore as a collective, Ghost, Priest, Razah, Raekwon are the only ones doing it...lol it's crazy. We have to depend on Cilvaringz to not resurrect the flag again, but to wax it sort of.

But regardless of how this year ends, Wu-Tang will still go down as one of the greatest if not the greatest hip-hop collective of all time. Changed the game, lyrically matched by very few. Unique sound that is still duplicated by so many clowns today. They have made their mark and will forever go down as legends.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Good post. It may go down as negative but it's the truth from a Wu Fan.
    The brutal offspring of Conan and Red Sonja.

Non Ignorant Math Team

whats so funny about waiting on a gza album. if hes not lazy and actually takes more han two weeks to record the album (unlike pro tools and grandmasters) then it should b banging. i dont understand how ghostface and rae r the last hope. the only thing they had going for them was a good ear for music but u can see they no longer have that seeing how they dissed the gr8 rza beats on 8 diagrams and then made albums with worse beats than 8 diagrams. u also cant depend on their lyrics. ghostfce dumbed down his lyrics since SC and rae was never that lyrical. he was the least lyrical on every song on ob4cl. rae only impressed me lyrically on immobilarity. everything else wasnt that good. and masta killa can b very surprising. no one expected him 2 drop an album as good as no said date. hes very underrated. people shouldnt overlook him.

NON-IGS

Pro Tools was banging mad wu fans make it out to be wack when its not, check the beats and the rhymes.

yeah main criticsm was his energy but even then he was still dope

lyrically paper plates is one of the dopest rap songs in along time

Non Ignorant Math Team

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Demon View Post
    Pro Tools was banging mad wu fans make it out to be wack when its not, check the beats and the rhymes.

yeah main criticsm was his energy but even then he was still dope

lyrically paper plates is one of the dopest rap songs in along time
    pro tools was between mediocre and good. lyrically its top 10 album but except 4 3 beats the beats werent good and his flow was pretty poor especially on 0% finance. tbh paper plates i think is one of the weaker tracks lyrically but it was still very good

NON-IGS

Quote Originally Posted by rakimkoolgrapwutang View Post
    whats so funny about waiting on a gza album. if hes not lazy and actually takes more han two weeks to record the album (unlike pro tools and grandmasters) then it should b banging. i dont understand how ghostface and rae r the last hope. the only thing they had going for them was a good ear for music but u can see they no longer have that seeing how they dissed the gr8 rza beats on 8 diagrams and then made albums with worse beats than 8 diagrams. u also cant depend on their lyrics. ghostfce dumbed down his lyrics since SC and rae was never that lyrical. he was the least lyrical on every song on ob4cl. rae only impressed me lyrically on immobilarity. everything else wasnt that good. and masta killa can b very surprising. no one expected him 2 drop an album as good as no said date. hes very underrated. people shouldnt overlook him.
    What? I hope you're not serious about the Raekwon comment.
    Anyways that's the problem, " if hes not lazy and actually takes more han two weeks to record the album (unlike pro tools and grandmasters) then it should b banging." There shouldn't be an "if", this is GZA from Wu-Tang Clan. All this mediocre shit has to stop.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

With the state of the industry as it is now I don't think I care about relevancy and that's assuming I ever cared about it to begin with. I know to some of you younger heads, being relevant and having a street buzz means a lot to you but for me at my age, having been witness to not just wu but all these artists during their peak and being old enough to have enjoyed the momentum during that time, now im just happy to get the music from those that still brings it back to that golden time regardless of whether most people want it or not.

Im happy Cilva is dropping this project because for me lyrically the clan are mostly still on point, and when you add that with Cilva's production I just don't see how it could fail. Cilva will deliver with a proper dope wu-tang project because Cilva approaches it as a fan so he knows what the fans want.

Hollow I think you've always been too hard on some of the killa bees and I don't see how you can write Uey off when lyrically and flow wise he's as dope as he's ever been and Dopium was a step in the right direction especially after his last effort.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

Thread is on point as fuck. I'm not even sure why I still check back here periodically.

Non Ignorant Math Team

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    What? I hope you're not serious about the Raekwon comment.
    Anyways that's the problem, " if hes not lazy and actually takes more han two weeks to record the album (unlike pro tools and grandmasters) then it should b banging." There shouldn't be an "if", this is GZA from Wu-Tang Clan. All this mediocre shit has to stop.
    yes im serious wit the rae comment. name me 1 song on ob4cl were he wasnt weakest link. theres amaximum 2 songs were he could b said not 2 b the weakest but id disagree. wu gambinos guillotine swordz and glaciers of ice he was definitely weakest.

only pro tools can b said 2 b mediocre. all the rest of gzas albums is good

NON-IGS

I agree with you to some extent Hollow, but you forgot to mention Bronze Nazareth. He's been reppin that W hard & all the dope material that his camp has been droppin is nothin but quality music. Wu-Tang forever.

Quote Originally Posted by TAURO View Post
    Hollow I think you've always been too hard on some of the killa bees and I don't see how you can write Uey off when lyrically and flow wise he's as dope as he's ever been and Dopium was a step in the right direction especially after his last effort.
    Maybe I am, but who's dropping quality music from the Killa Beez except for the three names I've already mentioned? Alot of the shit i'm hearing gets old after a week or two, that goes for hip-hop in general as well, but to keep it strictly Wu, I don't know when was the last time I recommended some Wu shit that was high quality that came out recently. Lyrics can get you so far, I need good production, good topics, good themes, flow. Niggaz is losing it. Maybe I am too hard, but the bar was set too high lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MANTIS69 View Post
    I agree with you to some extent Hollow, but you forgot to mention Bronze Nazareth. He's been reppin that W hard & all the dope material that his camp has been droppin is nothin but quality music. Wu-Tang forever.
    you must've not read my whole post, I've Clearly mentioned Bronze.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    you must've not read my whole post, I've Clearly mentioned Bronze.
    True indeed but I believe he deserves more than just a mention. No disrespect to Cilva but he's only put out 1 project versus the solos & the group albums from Bronze. Have I lost faith in Cilva? No but Im not counting him as our last hope. Have faith in the gods. peace.

Cilvaring's Father deezGlazedTonsils1981's Avatar

Raekwon is no longer lyrical?

probably the dumbest i've read all year u obviously don't know shit about lyrics. fuck off

There is already a sticky thread about this tired topic.

Your point of view doesnt deserve its own thread when its all the same shit.

Check your ego at the door.

Actually dont come in at all.