Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: ATTN: About Upcoming Cilvaringz Project!

Great thread from ma wu-realist general.

Music is music at the end of day, Alot of artists (wu members too) either don't have the time & effort to commit fully to a project or try and tailor their music for a specific market which ends up alienating their core fans.

I think rae should try something different but his coke-theme is all that he seems interested in which he's played to death, I miss the 'smart' rae raps from waayyy back when.

Rza aint interested in rap anymore.

Gza.......well fuck Gza

Meth can drop some good tracks now and again, Even if he just drops dope freestyles then I'm happy.

U-God could easily drop another dope album if he just pulled his finger out.

INS, Ghost & Cappadonna can do great tracks but seem to not have the same ambition or 'dope knack' as before.

Masta Killa.....who the fuck cares, go eat some carrots bitch!!!

Cilvaring's Father deezGlazedTonsils1981's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rakimkoolgrapwutang View Post
    he aint touching his stuff on immobilarity in terms of lyrics so hes not as lyrical now. hes still lyrical but hardly. his lyrics 2day aint impressive
    The scroll isn't lyrical and impressive? ya ok bud

Non Ignorant Math Team

Quote Originally Posted by deeznutz1981 View Post
    The scroll isn't lyrical and impressive? ya ok bud
    well ok he still has some impressive shit. i actually think i underrated those lyrics i didnt look at them properly. i liked the storytelling and him talking about how hes meeting with wu tang to take over the industry and in some parts his wording was very interesting and made it vivid and it was short and concise.

but majority of his shit aint that good no more. look at rich and black. i dont think rae is really connecting lines that well there. he seems 2 b jumping from one thing 2 the next randomly and he aint really saying anything that interesting

NON-IGS

Dam there's some real fan boys in here. This new Cilvaringz project is very important to keep wu tang and the killa beez as a group, brand, etc even remotely sought after. Wu tang will always be relevant because of us as fans. I personally will only stop being a fan when they decide to no longer make music. But that doesn't mean I will support everything they put out. Good music is good music although I do admit I am partial just because it is Wu. Which a lot of people on this site are BUT some of you need to wake up.
    I think this album is more about closure for the fans. A last hurrah for wu tang clan as a group, maybe even some as solo artists. As others have said: RZA is done with music basically, GZA has potential but after his last album it's obvious he's on the decline, Rae's still got some spark but I think he's tryin to pass the torch (label, signin emcees), Deck is finished..Manifesto, need I say more?, Uey has potential but nothing mind blowing imo, MK is taking way to long to release music, I think Ghost can make dope music until the day he dies,and Meth needs to get off def jam, focus on writing lyrics, and let someone else pick his beats.

Us as fans have been pretty understanding and forgiving I think. TONS of promised albums that just never happened, TONS of patience waiting for those albums/new music, buying a wu related album just to have it turn into a weed plate, late for shows, not even showin up at shows, I could go on and on. BUT we stay die hard fans and still support, purchase their music, and defend them. I think it's time to start openin our eyes and movin on. All good things have to come to an end and I think if this new album that Cilvaringz is puttin together turns out to be as good as we're all expecting it to be then they should end it there. End on a high note don't tarnish the legacy.

peace

they ain't relevant? what does that even mean? they aren't popular? they haven't been popular for 10 years.

theres literally no reason they would quit making music. and no reason why they can't still make good music. maybe they don't have to constantly rep wu no more but these guys can make music until they are old if they want.

the subtext of hollow dartz post is 'i want them to be over' fine thats you dude, i will still probably buy and enjoy the next 10 years worth of wu solos. except deck.

On point there trinking *repped*

Non Ignorant Math Team

Wait gzas on the decline cuz of one mediocre album he recorded that shit in less than a week that why his flow is bad with no energy. Where u guys all saying ghostface is finished when he did that wizard of poetry shit. People need to stop jumping to conclusions. And rza can still drop dope beats.

NON-IGS

Veteran Member

yeah but does he want to anymore is the bigger question

Quote Originally Posted by Jin10304 View Post
    yeah but does he want to anymore is the bigger question

you are toby, and toby is the worst

Non Ignorant Math Team

That guy g the promoter said that he's talked to Gza about his flow and that Gza is definitely gonna come with more energy it's not like it'll b difficult for Gza. I've heard him do live versions of 0 finance with far better flow and energy than the album version

NON-IGS

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2PAC HOLOGRAM View Post
    they ain't relevant? what does that even mean? they aren't popular? they haven't been popular for 10 years.

theres literally no reason they would quit making music. and no reason why they can't still make good music. maybe they don't have to constantly rep wu no more but these guys can make music until they are old if they want.

the subtext of hollow dartz post is 'i want them to be over' fine thats you dude, i will still probably buy and enjoy the next 10 years worth of wu solos. except deck.
    LOL I knew a few niggaz were gonna get butt hurt over my irrelevant comment.

That guy g the promoter said that he's talked to Gza about his flow and that Gza is definitely gonna come with more energy it's not like it'll b difficult for Gza. I've heard him do live versions of 0 finance with far better flow and energy than the album version
    Another nigga in denial.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Banned

it did seem like 2009 could've been the resurrection year for Wu Tang. CL2 was the year's best rap album by far, even ranked #4 on the billboard charts, but nobody else dropped anything. however, they released Wu-Massacre a few months later, so maybe they did try to capitalize on it, but it didn't work out so well. it did make it to #12 on the billboard, which is decent and got some decent reviews, but....decent ain't good enough.

2012 could still be a good year for the Wu if they get at least two releases by the end of the year. SC2 ain't dropping til 2013, though

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theheavens View Post
    it did seem like 2009 could've been the resurrection year for Wu Tang. CL2 was the year's best rap album by far, even ranked #4 on the billboard charts, but nobody else dropped anything. however, they released Wu-Massacre a few months later, so maybe they did try to capitalize on it, but it didn't work out so well. it did make it to #12 on the billboard, which is decent and got some decent reviews, but....decent ain't good enough.

2012 could still be a good year for the Wu if they get at least two releases by the end of the year. SC2 ain't dropping til 2013, though
    I doubt they'll get more than 4 releases out.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Wait gzas on the decline cuz of one mediocre album he recorded that shit in less than a week that why his flow is bad with no energy. Where u guys all saying ghostface is finished when he did that wizard of poetry shit. People need to stop jumping to conclusions. And rza can still drop dope beats.
    mediocre album, lack of music, and lack of energy. usually when anything is lacking that means it's declining. im not sayin he's wack, im just sayin he's comin to the end of his career. he's gettin up there in age which can bring on a lack of energy and lack of drive. and yea rza can still drop beats but it's not like it's his only form of income so i dont think he'll put in the amount of effort he use to.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    I didn't say it did. Wu albums today are nowhere near better than they were 10 years ago. A few come close. You're satisfied with mediocrity.

you like 'the lex diamonds story' more than 'cuban linx 2' & 'shaolin vs wutang'?
    damn.

no you're right though. that ice cream part 2 shit is fire.

how is it 'relevant' to all you if an artist is 'relevant' or not? relevant to who!? who cares? are you unable to get into the music you like if it's not relevant?? ...or would you not be listening to it in the first place, since you'd be listening to something more 'relevant' instead? and what about things you like that are relevant now? will you stop liking it a few years from now when it's inevitably 'irrelevant'?

think for yourself! dont have your tastes dictated to you.

you know what makes shit relevant? record label promotion budgets, publicists, pr teams, music sites whose 'reviews' are press-distributed copy reworded, and payola blogs. wake the fuck up, grow the fuck up. if what made music relevant was actually the music itself, and the people's reaction to it, the people who are popular now wouldn't be, and the people stuck being 'underground' would be on top.