Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: ATTN: About Upcoming Cilvaringz Project!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by deeznutz1981 View Post
    A lot of people I know love wu-tang but none of them listen to their shit anymore (besides me)
    that seems to be the pattern. I've heard hipsters, metalheads, and even old dudes represent wu tang, but they don't really listen to them. it's just the cool thing to say. and they got almost 2 million likes on facebook, but I doubt people listen to them like that.

the only way Wu would really get people noticing again is if their shit played on the radio, but that's not happening. all the 90s kids would be like "huh? they're still making music?" rap fans have short fucking term memory

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

the main problem is the quality of the music. Only 2 clan members and 3 killa bees are supplying it.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    can he keep that up for a whole album?

Quote Originally Posted by theheavens View Post
    that seems to be the pattern. I've heard hipsters, metalheads, and even old dudes represent wu tang, but they don't really listen to them. it's just the cool thing to say. and they got almost 2 million likes on facebook, but I doubt people listen to them like that.

the only way Wu would really get people noticing again is if their shit played on the radio, but that's not happening. all the 90s kids would be like "huh? they're still making music?" rap fans have short fucking term memory
    you'd be surprised. don't forget how big of a following they have outside the US. I'm in europe a few times a year and they rock with wu pretty heavy. I saw the baddest spanish chick one time - she was all decked out in a dress, she had the jewels on and all that, manolo blahniks, walking out of one of the best hotels in madrid. and she had a fucking W on her shoulder!

germany, england, italy too. I meet a lot of djs and if they're hiphop djs, they look at the wu like they're 9 bob dylans

that whole 'movement' that wu became around 97 is still going in a lot of places .

and in america, there are a lot of teenagers that are into wu.

so, what's great music is great music. those albums are timeless. and raekwon had probably the greatest comeback in the history of hip-hop. the case is closed on that. he's arguably as relevant now as he was when he was featured on everyone's album and on every r&b remix in the mid-to-late 90s

and ghost? he has a following that's unparalleled. the indie crowd, hiphop heads across the board. not just wu fans.

gza's doing interesting things now. science-themed albums, working with neil degrasse tyson, giving lectures at harvard (like someone said in this thread that >>>>>>> owning a piece of the nj nets)

and rza's now on his fourth collaboration with quentin tarantino, which is a movie HE WROTE AND DIRECTED! this is probably what he wanted to do all along

FOH!!!
    why do people come on this board and shit on these legends? they're still doing their thing, just now it's bigger and better. to quote mef "how you gonna call somebody washed up when you a $1.99 from broke?/wash ya mouth out spend that $1.99 on some soap" ..or something like that. it was the dopest verse I've heard from him in like 12 years.

-Diamond in the Rough- 3rdEyeVizion's Avatar

Wu-Tang still make quality music. They just don't do it as often as they used to. Ghostface, Raekwon, Cappadonna and U-God's last albums were fuckin' bangers. Cilvaringz project tho will probably be the last time we'll see the Clan and Killa Beez together like that. But I can live with that.. A final Clan album will wrap shit up for good in a year or so, and THEN it's a wrap. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdEyeVizion View Post
    Wu-Tang still make quality music. They just don't do it as often as they used to. Ghostface, Raekwon, Cappadonna and U-God's last albums were fuckin' bangers. Cilvaringz project tho will probably be the last time we'll see the Clan and Killa Beez together like that. But I can live with that.. A final Clan album will wrap shit up for good in a year or so, and THEN it's a wrap. Lol
    lol @ a final clan album
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Veteran Member

"That guy g the promoter said that he's talked to Gza about his flow and that Gza is definitely gonna come with more energy it's not like it'll b difficult for Gza"

Not according to what Ringz has said, GZA chooses to rap that way nowadays.

Ringz: "He said he doesnt do his verses like that anymore, for no apparent reason and I didnt ask"

Non Ignorant Math Team

Quote Originally Posted by Jin10304 View Post
    "That guy g the promoter said that he's talked to Gza about his flow and that Gza is definitely gonna come with more energy it's not like it'll b difficult for Gza"

Not according to what Ringz has said, GZA chooses to rap that way nowadays.

Ringz: "He said he doesnt do his verses like that anymore, for no apparent reason and I didnt ask"
    yes i read that afterwards. i posted that message before cilvaringz said that gza doesnt do his verses like that anymore. im disappointed now. i mean how hard is it 4 gza to use energy. he did it 4 that cilvaringz song. why cant he do it 4 everything else. shits so frustrating cuz i think hes easily best lyricist in hip hop. only one be lo and j live can challenge him in lyrics and i dont think they put up much of a challenge and if his flow has energy then he'll still b GOAT rapper. i mean just look at the competition in 2012. i dont know why gzas doing that. he needs some1 to talk some sense in2 him.

NON-IGS

Quote Originally Posted by rakimkoolgrapwutang View Post
    yes i read that afterwards. i posted that message before cilvaringz said that gza doesnt do his verses like that anymore. im disappointed now. i mean how hard is it 4 gza to use energy. he did it 4 that cilvaringz song. why cant he do it 4 everything else. shits so frustrating cuz i think hes easily best lyricist in hip hop. only one be lo and j live can challenge him in lyrics and i dont think they put up much of a challenge and if his flow has energy then he'll still b GOAT rapper. i mean just look at the competition in 2012. i dont know why gzas doing that. he needs some1 to talk some sense in2 him.
    LOL HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA niggaz is in denial!!!!! I already told you nigga. Gza ain't spitting like that no more. Wake up. Join the Wu-Realists

Gza the GOAT rapper?

GTFOH!

Non Ignorant Math Team

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    LOL HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA niggaz is in denial!!!!! I already told you nigga. Gza ain't spitting like that no more. Wake up. Join the Wu-Realists
    R u blind that whole message was me saying that Gza isn't spitting with energy no more. Ur whole reply was one big massive paradox

NON-IGS

Non Ignorant Math Team

Quote Originally Posted by ALPHATEK View Post
    Gza the GOAT rapper?

GTFOH!
    Who do u think is goat

NON-IGS

Terry Cloth Rudolph Joint Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar

I think some of the quieter generals and some of the better Killa Beez should do projects together.

e.g I'm not sure I'd buy a U-God or Deck solo in the future...but a U-God, Deck and maybe Masta Killa album or ep? Yeah maybe! Could say the same of a project by, say, Sin, Darkman and Priest!

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

Ghostface Killah - Has about 4-5 years left in the tank
    yo i get what you mean, but this right here ^ is stupid.. this is not B-Ball, this is all about motivation, not athletic abilities. how could you guess he has 4 years of motivation left?
    As long as you still have the voice then you can do it over and over again, especially if like ghostface your creative tank has no bottom... or you have a deep team of ghostwriters....

dudes in the wu that are on their shit:
    -rza goin hollywood
    -mef as a comedy actor slash entertainer slash MC
    -ghost & rae as hip hop trained vets
    -gza on his scientific shit, dont like how he sounds today but his moves are as smart as can be, exploring unknown territories and droppin jewels.
    -odb gettin pissy drunk with all the other mofos in the other world

and the ones that are not:
    -ugod : as an accompanying piece, he cannot make moves for himself. he dropped a short LP which contained some heat tho
    -deck : dude has no more voice, and once again makes the wrong moves as far as being on his shit!
    -mk : i like his stuff alot, but this guy really is either lazy or not so creative

To conclude the nucleus of the Clan (All in together now + mef + RAGU) is still in full effect, only not just for rap albums... The remaining members were never leaders in the first place and they only went as far as the group went... out of the 3, the only REALLY dope LP from the 2ks is No Said Date and you could even argue this was a Wu album with emphasis on MK!

STREET CORNER, by MANO

Quote Originally Posted by rakimkoolgrapwutang View Post
    Who do u think is goat
    There is no GOAT as it's subjective so there's no definitive answer.

Even in wu-tang, Gza ain't the best rapper.