Thread: Good Horror Movies

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    The remake of Friday the 13th made the earlier ones look like crap? lol
    Let me explain:

Friday the 13 series:

Part I - classic, no hating on this one

Part II - not bad, but I hated the whole potato sack mask look

Part III - One of my least fav of the series, the biker gang incorporation was useless, and the kid with the jew-fro was annoying.....plus, wtf was Jason thinking wearing his puke/snot green coloured jumpsuit

Part IV - One of the best one's, and Cory Feldman was in it as a child actor so that's always cool >

Part V - The whole psych-ward, and having it not be Jason Vorhees, but some imposter was a stupid idea. Plus Tommy somehow grew up like 8yrs after the previous one, it didn't make sense.

Part VI - Jason returning as a supernatural entity was a good call; it made more sense since he had been offed like 3 times already with no real explanation as to how he survived; one of my favs in the series

Part VII - fucking retarded. The girl with the psychic powers, says it all......

Part VIII - Gone to Manhattan? Clearly they were running short on ideas........

Part IX - Jason Goes to Hell is my fav of the classics, only because it was the first movie to introduce me to Jason as a kid, so it's a personal fav.

Part X - All-in-all, fucking gay.....

Now the remake?

^ genuinely frightening.......I mean having Jason "run" instead of just walking at a moderate pace with no explanation as to how he caught up to the victims was ridiculous. Now him "running" at you wielding a huge machetti was fucking scary......and the ways he killed people in this one? The scewdriver in the neck to the asian kid? The sleeping-bag tied up over the fire while she burned alive? Jason was RUTHLESS in this one, and the acting though is NEVER good in horror movie, the makeup and the death scenes were much more realistic regardless of the era the movie was released in.

The remake incorporated qualities from the first 3 or 4 Friday the 13th movies, and did a much better job IMO.

Livin It Up

Quote Originally Posted by Fresh View Post
    Martyrs. trust me
    what is this?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1029234/

trust me

but i recommend just going in blind, best not to know the story. made in 2007 so modern aswell

Not that there is anything wrong with the horror movies you selected but dude you chose like the 10 most well known and generic horror movies ever, what made you think nobody has seen or heard of Friday The 13th or Nightmare on Elm St?

Banned

^ What are you talking about?.........I only said to watch the remakes, go back and read my first post, and not just the one where I explain why I believe the remakes are worth watching when so many people have bashed them for no reason at all.......

many people haven't watched the remakes for the sole fact people have said they've "tarnished" the legacy of the originals, so i encourage any1 to watch them.

And as far as the exorcist is concerned and such, you'd be surprised at the number ofpeople I know who haven't seen it.....

both the rec movies are great, mmm nothing much scares me.. the way bedlam is done, that can be pretty jumpy at times..

horror movies only work, if tension and suspense are built,

then you get proper jumps.. other wise.. you cant fucking be scared at graphics/costumes.. if you are. your a faggot!

Some people were saying before how much better that Rec is than Quarantine(the american version). I saw Quarantine first and liked it. Later on I saw Rec, and I didn't think there was much of a difference in the two. Except that since I don't know spanish well, it can give you a headache keeping up with the subtitles, since things are moving so fast throughout the movie.

have you seen rec 2?? puts a great twist on rec

i couldnt watch more than 25 mins or quarantine. i dont know what it was about the movie, reminded me to much of.. hmm. i cant recall what it is now .lol quatantine was made like late 90's early 2000s? maybe im getting quarantine and that shitty contagion mixed up..

wolfes creek is very good also(dont know if thats classed as horror), so is 'Let the right one in.'

Mothman prophecys? or fuck whats it called.. The devils rejects!! but i think i have these movies in the wrong genre.. they're not horror?? ;/

Quote Originally Posted by soul controller View Post
    have you seen rec 2?? puts a great twist on rec

i couldnt watch more than 25 mins or quarantine. i dont know what it was about the movie, reminded me to much of.. hmm. i cant recall what it is now .lol quatantine was made like late 90's early 2000s? maybe im getting quarantine and that shitty contagion mixed up..

wolfes creek is very good also(dont know if thats classed as horror), so is 'Let the right one in.'

Mothman prophecys? or fuck whats it called.. The devils rejects!! but i think i have these movies in the wrong genre.. they're not horror?? ;/

Banned

House of 1000 Corpses I liked better than Devil's Rejects; Devil's Rejects was hard to watch with the motel scene.....

for the record, don't ever watch either Human Centipede movie........that guy who made them is fucked in the dome........and he's making a 3rd one too.......the 1st one was ridiculous, but the 2nd one?! WTF is wrong with this cat?!?!

i didnt even hear of human centipede till the human ipad episode of southpark, i didnt even get the jokes :s i just thought they was just dissing apple.. lol

but when i saw that southpark, i chatted to some of my friends, and they filled me in ;/ lol
    dont worry ill never watch that kinda shit!! thanks for the warning tho

thanks for teh house of a 1000 corpses recommend, ive heard of it but never seen it.

Quarantine came out around 2008. I've seen Quarantine 2, but I haven't seen Rec 2 yet. I think the part 2's are different from each other, unlike the first ones. Cause Quarantine 2 revolves around an airplane/airport.

You liked Wolf Creek? lol I thought that was really boring.

House of 1,000 Corpses was good, but the Devil's Rejects was better.

Some of my favs...

Quote Originally Posted by soul controller View Post
    horror movies only work, if tension and suspense are built,

then you get proper jumps.. other wise.. you cant fucking be scared at graphics/costumes.. if you are. your a faggot!
    i'd say youre more of a pussy for thinking horrors are all about jump scares

Quote Originally Posted by Fresh View Post
    i'd say youre more of a pussy for thinking horrors are all about jump scares

my bad, they're about reality, and how in real life monsters/ghosts/insert any un scary thing here, scare you alot more than in movies

case in point