Thread: RIP west coast hip hop legend KMG

Default RIP west coast hip hop legend KMG

I had seen Mykill Miers mention this earlier. RIP

Shaolin Master

Above the law were my favorite west coast group. The pioneers of the g-funk sound. Sad day for all the pimp clinic hustlas.

damn, ATL were & still are one of my favorite west coast groups of all time.

NWA always sounded like they were beefing up their hood stories. kinda like the hollywood action movie version of street raps.
    above the law sounded like the real street cats who were out there livin the life. and they were.

they were the first rap group i think i ever heard mention "ballin' " and people still use that term in hip hop to this day.

kmg always came correct. anybody know how he died?
    "Fuck Wu Tang Corp" - The GZA/Genius

https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell

Livin It Up

RIP.

It's like we're losing legends left and right.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    Thanks for your hate hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Shaolin Master

ATL's first 5 albums are all dope. Cold 187um's beats back then were on another level. KMG true legend.

Livin It Up

big hutch speaks

(AllHipHop News) Above The Law group member Big Hutch has issued a statement and regards to the passing of fellow group member KMG.

KMG, born Kevin Michael Gulley, was a founding member of Above The Law, which released records on Eazy-E’s legendary Ruthless Records imprint.

According to Big Hutch, KMG died from a heart attack while taking a shower.
    “I would like to thank everyone for their condolences during this unexpected difficult time for myself, the group Above The Law, as well as our families and close friends,” Big Hutch said in a statement released today (July 10).

“I had received a phone call Friday night, July 6th, that KMG had collapsed in the shower from an apparent heart attack, but that fact is to be determined after we get the autopsy report. There was no foul play involved and my dear friend KMG’s death was simply by natural cause.”

KMG’s death was a shock to Big Hutch, who had just spoken with KMG and group member Total Chaos.

Big Hutch
    “It is shocking and tragic to all of us because he showed no symptoms that he was suffering from any type of heart disease or any type of other illnesses,” Big Hutch revealed. “Plus, I was just on the phone with him and Total K-OSS a few days prior discussing the new Above The Law album and my upcoming solo release with Psychopathic Records.”
    KMG’s untimely death is a blow to Above The Law, which had been discussing a new group album, since Big Hutch’s re-emergence as an artist on Insane Clown Posse’s record label, Psychopathic Records.

“We were further discussing, as Above The Law, it was time to move on the with the project and were coordinating plans to do so; then this had happened,” a somber Big Hutch continued. “I also would like to thank everyone for their patience in me responding to media and other close online publications.”

Here is the rest of Big Hutch’s statement regarding the death of KMG:
    KMG and I, as you all know, go way back since the best years of Ruthless Records and prior. He has been my right hand man along with Total K-OSS and his abrupt passing was just totally unexpected and shocking to all of us.

I personally have been in a daze since receiving the news and I just needed some time to myself and to put things back into perspective so I can re-focuse on the commitments and obligations I have to music and Hip-Hop.

If I hear anything else that our fans need to know, I will indeed inform the powers to be and get that information out to everyone.

Once again, thank you everyone for your caring concerns and the love you still have for KMG, myself, and Above The Law after all these years. And as with Eazy, we will continue to keep his memory and legacy alive through music.”
    ~ Big Hutch

-

That's sad to hear. I like Above The Law. I was wondering how KMG died. Thanks for posting that information that Hutch said. I like their albums Black Mafia Life, Uncle Sam's Curse, Legends. I didn't think they were gonna do anymore albums. Good to see they were working on a new album. I wonder if they finished it before he died. I wonder how old he was. Him having a heart attack could come from years of drinking alcohol and smoking and that's what a lot of rappers do because they think it's cool. Rappers need to eat healthy and leave alcohol, cigarettes and weed alone. They should drink water and juice. Now that i'm 35 years old, i eat a lot of fruits and drink juice. I've never smoked or drank alcohol. One day a few months ago, i felt my heart bothering me and i was wondering why. Then i thought about the greasy and salty foods i used to eat often and i stopped eating that stuff. A lot of rappers also don't go to the doctor often to get a checkup because they don't have health insurance. I don't go to the doctor often either but like i said i eat healthy now and drink juice and water.

one of my favorite kmg performances on this record.

dr dre owes a LOT to these guys.
    recognize the legends.

r.i.p. KMG

RIP. Thats a damn shame, Above The Law was very dope, 1 of my fav west coast groups who owned that G-Funk sound. VSOP was my fav cut, I love that Hall & Oates sample. That "Call it What you Want" track with 2pac & Money B is classick too!! Those dudes were real niggarish nah mean, Hopefully they had the album complete cuz I would love to hear some new shit from them.

http://youtu.be/Z8JlbHz-WyI
    Last edited by GRANDMASSIVE.; 07-20-2012 at 11:45 AM.

hell yeah!

before he was famous 'pac, money b from DU, and ATL.

another dope kmg verse.

ATL = too goddamn SLEPT ON!!
    those first 4 albums were all dope as fuck.