Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Islord Verse - go/no go?

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

Default Islord Verse - go/no go?

I usually don't do this. But I need yall imput on something. As I'm still waiting on LA's verse for that one song that needed a 5th rapper, I tried something with Islord.

Islord recorded 12 bars for this song which also features Shabazz, Sin, Prodigal and a quite small appearance by U-God. My opinion upon hearing the verse was that it was not good at all. I felt the flow was very rusty and held up the rolling flow of the song, especially compared to what the other emcees were doing.

Islord insisted that it was good and that the fans were going to love it regardless. So I suggested sending it to RZA and see what he says, which he didnt want to wait for. Then I suggested putting it up on here, see what the fans say, which he wasn't really bothered with neither.

Now I'm not going to take anything I aint feeling, but I'm not perfect either so sometimes I could be wrong. So I figured I'd ask the fans anyway. Cause Islord is not up for re-doing the verse.

I left the drums and verse, but took out the samples and such, obviously to preserve the element of surprise.

Let me know what yall honestly think and dont just say shit for the sake of coming to his defense or mine.

Honest opinions please.

http://soundcloud.com/cilvaringz-1/islord-verse

ps. Don't ask for the other guy's verses, just believe me that they're hell fire.

ps.2 Don't judge it on quality. Islord's verse nor music is mixed or mastered.
    Last edited by Cilvaringz; 07-14-2012 at 09:11 AM.

fresh from the kitchen CL2coming's Avatar

Islord is certainly the weakest link in Killarmy, and it follows that he is the weakest on most tracks he appears on.

His flow doesn't sound too bad on here, but the verse certainly isn't impressive either.

Terry Cloth Rudolph Joint Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar

Pretty poor verse if u ask me, and lazy/naive on his part to say fans will like it regardless and he won't re-record it. Awkward flow and generic rhymes, hope La comes through for you.

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Please get rid of this verse. Reminds me of how he fucked up "And Justice For All". This verse is even worse.
    Last edited by Hollow Dartz; 07-14-2012 at 10:12 AM.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Is was dope on some recent 9th Prince stuff imo, but this is trash. Remove this verse asap. And Ringz, if you gave Islord money for this bullshit, please make sure you get your money back.
    Quote Originally Posted by angry!
    news break....

RAP SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

CORNED BEEF CUNT

shitty

Remove it Ringz, it really isn't up to snuff. Islord needs to really work on his rhymes if he expects to get anywhere in the future, he can't keep expecting the Killarmy name to carry him anymore. It's not good enough Ringz, you're instincts were right.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

Cut out some parts for nostalgic purposes and use it for an intro or whatever but this verse as a whole sucks.

De mijne is 4x duurder!

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

what has been said already.
    We do it for the people.

Send the beat ringz. I'll take his place. Seriously.

Shaolin Master

Ditch the verse, it's not up to par. Maybe use a couple of lines as a bridge though like Masta Killa on The Abduction, that could be ill!

Also, sounds like Sin is going to murder this track!

Wow, that verse was lazy as fuck.

Killa Sin came in wth a bar and a half and slaughtered everything Is said before it.

Either he reworks the verse or he's on the cutting room floor.

Fuck that, I could write a dart 1 million times more vicious than that, and I don't record.

Shit, I've spit freestyles when I was drunk off my ass that were iller than that.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    Thanks for your hate hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Typical Islord verse & off beat flow. I know he couldve come better on the track but it is what it is. If you feel it aint up to par Ringz then just cut it, La would come thru with a better verse Im sure. Go with your 1st instinct.

rawww ima give it to em Subterranean Man's Avatar

what if he put Islord first? i can't really say nothing bad about it...and it still got a message.
    'Being an effective God is invincible.' -- Gza

'Niggaz wanna rap, and rap, and rap, and rap, and rap, maaaaaaaan fuck that' -- Young Dirty

'He got the power to heal the blind...the first lesson I was taught, is to stop eating swine' -- 9th Prince

Impermanence on this plane of reality/where criminality, brutality freely dwell/ Truth is a casualty in this hell/ Karma reins with divine causality, then its swell--StrangeLoveSurreal