Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vordul Mega - Hard Times (Featuring Masta Killa)

Default Vordul Mega - Hard Times (Featuring Masta Killa)

I just picked up a physical copy of Mega's Yung Havoks album. And I noticed there's a different version of Hard Times featuring Masta Killa, replacing the slightly shortened version of the Hard Times track found on Yung World.

MK isn't listed as a feature on my copy, but is shouted out in the CD jacket. I've seen older threads on Wu Corp discussing this joint, but hadn't been able to find it. Anyone else's copy like this?

Last edited by Dark Matter; 08-07-2012 at 03:18 PM.

if the track u posted is official it's a good ass find! and u should get props, as I've never heard it before.

I've only heard this version

"Can't believe you on the canvas, I'm just throwin jabs" - Inspectah Deck

Blueminati

Quote Originally Posted by bamboo View Post
    if the track u posted is official it's a good ass find! and u should get props, as I've never heard it before.

I've only heard this version

Yeah, that's what I'm sayin! But I went to Discogs, and apparently the track on Revolution of Yung Havoks has always been the version with Masta Killa (You can preview the track) http://www.discogs.com/Vordul-Mega-T...release/526322

I found a vinyl of Believe, that had Hard Times Part 2 listed as a B-Side. I think that's the version that appeared on Yung World.

I picked up a legit physical copy of Revolution Yung Havoks, and Masta Killa isn't credited for his chorus, but is shouted out in the CD jacket. So in the case of the original Hard Times being the one with MK, why the hell wasn't it promoted more!?! I literally haven't seen this track anywhere on the net.

It'd make sense for Vordul and MK to collab, as they were both on/dropped albums on Nature Sounds in 2004, and Vordul name drops them, it's the only time on the album he does, I believe.

I actually upped that track to Youtube straight off my hard copy, cause I've never heard it until I bought the CD and was pleasantly surprised. Just shows there IS worth in buying albums, haha.

And thank you by the way, I appreciate it.
    Last edited by Dark Matter; 08-09-2012 at 03:42 PM.

repped

"Can't believe you on the canvas, I'm just throwin jabs" - Inspectah Deck

Blueminati

Quote Originally Posted by bamboo View Post
    repped
    Thank you, peace.
    Last edited by Dark Matter; 08-09-2012 at 04:45 PM.

IronSheik

yep, i remember that....they're label mates & heres the thread:
    http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13069

Quote Originally Posted by Young Gun View Post
    I just picked up a physical copy of Mega's Yung Havoks album. And I noticed there's a different version of Hard Times featuring Masta Killa, replacing the slightly shortened version of the Hard Times track found on Yung World.

MK isn't listed as a feature on my copy, but is shouted out in the CD jacket. I've seen older threads on Wu Corp discussing this joint, but hadn't been able to find it. Anyone else's copy like this?

could we please get an mp3 rip of this? thx for the yt upload, this is dope.. i only heard about this version before

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    could we please get an mp3 rip of this? thx for the yt upload, this is dope.. i only heard about this version before
    Yeah, it's no prob! http://www.filebox.com/hicqvhxyzkmo

Enjoy!

1st time hearing it. Not diggin Vordul's flow. Always good 2 hear the Masta.

Quote Originally Posted by 8 View Post
    1st time hearing it. Not diggin Vordul's flow. Always good 2 hear the Masta.

I like how they bounce off of each other, they mesh really well and should collab more imo. I can understand not diggin Vordul's flow though, most I've run into either like his style from this period or don't, not a lot of middle ground. The last few years he's been on his A game though.

Excellent find! Thanks for upping this to Youtube, much appreciated. Had never heard either version of the song. Quality song!
    Retired.

I have this album too, really dope track!!

Quote Originally Posted by 5th state View Post
    Excellent find! Thanks for upping this to Youtube, much appreciated. Had never heard either version of the song. Quality song!
    No problem, man! I'm an avid Vordul fan, so I track down all that I can, and post what isn't already up. Both versions are gems, and more people should hear em.

Quote Originally Posted by GRANDMASSIVE. View Post
    I have this album too, really dope track!!
    Criminally underrated album and track! I mentioned this earlier in the thread, but I'm honestly surprised Vordul didn't promote this track as a Cannibal Ox and Wu-Tang collaboration, I feel like more people would've looked into the album seeing a Wu feature.

nada ignorante

Disappointing no bars only a hook from Masta...
    N.I.