Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Four Living Creatures

The Smell of The Future LORD NOSE's Avatar

i see all of that as the hollywood distorted version of what the ancients were trying to give us - sometimes we make things more complex than what they need to be for entertainment purposes - i don't see any of this as magic -

i see it as a recording of what once was and what is to come - seasonal changes, and how it effects and transforms us as humans -

not transformation as in a person changing his face from man to lizard in 2 seconds, but hidden information made simple to aid man to knowing how to live forever and reach his peak potential -

Blackwood wanted to appear immortal and unstoppable - but what he gave the public was all an illusion - he fronted like he was all of that so that the people would treat him like he is all of that instead of just being all of that naturally -

magick is the practice of using the unseen to affect the seen.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUNNY WINTERS View Post
    i see all of that as the hollywood distorted version of what the ancients were trying to give us - sometimes we make things more complex than what they need to be for entertainment purposes - i don't see any of this as magic -

i see it as a recording of what once was and what is to come - seasonal changes, and how it effects and transforms us as humans -

not transformation as in a person changing his face from man to lizard in 2 seconds, but hidden information made simple to aid man to knowing how to live forever and reach his peak potential -

Blackwood wanted to appear immortal and unstoppable - but what he gave the public was all an illusion - he fronted like he was all of that so that the people would treat him like he is all of that instead of just being all of that naturally -

I understand.

To me magic is metaphors and if it works at all, then it works psychologically, though Style may disagree wit me.

Quote Originally Posted by STYLE View Post
    magick is the practice of using the unseen to affect the seen.

does the practioner of magic see the unseen in order to use it to effect the seen ?

Quote Originally Posted by FMJ View Post
    I understand.

To me magic is metaphors and if it works at all, then it works psychologically, though Style may disagree wit me.
    using colors, sound, and motion can lure one into a spell and cause them behave other than themselves - deception, lies, illusions, tricks.

ever been on a bus or train when it's coming to a stop but is still moving slow and you look out the window and see another bus pulling off and feel uneasy because of it ?

butt gas is unseen - if you are on a crowded train and some one releases a hot but silent ghost out of their ass, it can effect the seen - and they can be seen holding their noses, or getting up and leaving - however, butt gas is still physical - it can be hot, and if pushed out with force, it can hurt your butt cheeks -

I understand.

magicians/warlocks also use chemicals along with motion,colors and sound to alter the mind state of the person they are trying use their magic on -

some use these to uplift, some use them to breakdown -

Non Ignorant Math Team

magic is when poets attempt science

NON-IGS

splain

Non Ignorant Math Team

a scientist usually tries 2 look at the world in a cold objective unemotional unbiased way.

a poet usually looks at the world full of emotion meaning is biased to what he wants and most importantly metaphorically. a poet will usually try and connect things through metaphors. a scientist uses experimentation

NON-IGS

understood

...born of a future war Face of the Golden Falcon's Avatar

I understand.

Psychologic; the spirit and the word. This is exactly how magic works. Except not just metaphors but symbology in general.

Quote Originally Posted by rakimkoolgrapwutang View Post
    a scientist usually tries 2 look at the world in a cold objective unemotional unbiased way.

a poet usually looks at the world full of emotion meaning is biased to what he wants and most importantly metaphorically. a poet will usually try and connect things through metaphors. a scientist uses experimentation
    And in the end neither of them get it right. At least in your scenario, through what you think of as magic, the poet attempted balancing the hemispheres of the brain by "attempting science". Your cold objective unemotional scientist stays stuck in the left brain and fails to make any real underlying connections between anything and instead whilst understanding the mechanistic "how" of the superficial never gets to the "why" beneath the surface. And despite scientifically prooving that consciousness is constantly effecting the reality we live in, chooses to ignore that and continues to see the world as a cold, lifeless cadavar to stick a knife into.

Req Em Ab

what is magic ?

Veteran Member

Magic is the systematic and symbolic use of logical fallacies to produce an effect. Of course it does not work. But if one thinks it works, then one could selectively find evidence and convince themselves that it has worked.

Don't believe me that logic is a system of logical fallacies? Look at the foundational claims of magic, then look at a list logical fallacies and see.

please simplify that

make it plain

...born of a future war Face of the Golden Falcon's Avatar

Style gave a definition of Magic I agree with.

The practice of using the unseen to effect the seen.

The physical is the spiritual and the spiritual is the physical. It's all one and the same. What we call physical is simply what we are able to perceive with the 5 senses. With various technology we have been able to bring certain things into our range of perception and under the banner of "physical". It's all still one and the same thing though. There are still "things" that we cannot perceive but know to exist. Gravity cannot be seen, but the effects of it can. Is gravity physical or spiritual?

Magic was never supposed to be spooky. Magicians were and should always be scientists.

Req Em Ab

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUNNY WINTERS View Post
    please simplify that

make it plain

If we analyze the principles of thought on which magic is based, they will probably be found to resolve themselves into two: first, that like produces like, or that an effect resembles its cause; and, second, that things which have once been in contact with each other continue to act on each other at a distance after the physical contact has been severed. The former principle may be called the Law of Similarity, the latter the Law of Contact or Contagion. From the first of these principles, namely the Law of Similarity, the magician infers that he can produce any effect he desires merely by imitating it: from the second he infers that whatever he does to a material object will affect equally the person with whom the object was once in contact, whether it formed part of his body or not