Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: If you mention pac as a great then you gotta...

The Smell of The Future LORD NOSE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rakimkoolgrapwutang View Post

this is how political rap is supposed 2 be like. j live raises good points and says it in a witty way.

pac just shouts about things he doesnt understand and complains about them. really hes achieving nothing but making people angry.

lmfao at people thinking pacs a gangster cuz he shot 2 policemen. anyone can do that.

so you're saying... instead of saying it straight up with out it having to be picked apart, give them subliminals and indirectly say what's on your mind ?

Pac was trying to raise those who weren't so witty and didn't have the patience to pick apart what niggas was trying to say - yes he was straight up with it - J live is iLL though - - i'm not taking away nothing from him - no Mc/Rapper mentioned in this thread is/was gangster in the true meaning of gangster, the population doesn't know the true names of the real gangsters

Quote Originally Posted by SUNNY WINTERS View Post
    so you're saying... instead of saying it straight up with out it having to be picked apart, give them subliminals and indirectly say what's on your mind ?

Pac was trying to raise those who weren't so witty and didn't have the patience to pick apart what niggas was trying to say - yes he was straight up with it - J live is iLL though - - i'm not taking away nothing from him - no Mc/Rapper mentioned in this thread is/was gangster in the true meaning of gangster, the population doesn't know the true names of the real gangsters
    parts of what you say might be true like raising those who weren't so witty but I don't think that's the reason, if it was he could have made songs for those people and at the same time make clever witty songs but it's something he couldn't do, lyrically he was ok but when you compare it 90s music it wasn't really good. Everyone wants to hear the same message but Pac's legacy has gone wild all over the world do you really think kids in Belgium or Sweden went through that shit, they just jumped on the bandwagon like the rest.

Non Ignorant Math Team

Quote Originally Posted by SUNNY WINTERS View Post

that would b fine if pac was just telling simple messages to people 4 a purpose but what about the fact he contradicted his message. i think he was just angry at things and said whatever he felt without thinking about the consequences.

i think kool g was a small time gangsta b4 he became a rapper when he was young.

NON-IGS

that would b fine if pac was just telling simple messages to people 4 a purpose but what about the fact he contradicted his message. i think he was just angry at things and said whatever he felt without thinking about the consequences.

i think kool g was a small time gangsta b4 he became a rapper when he was young.
    I think that that's what it is too he spoke his mind, I dont think he gave a fuck about consequences, you anit never see pac cope a plee & he was ready to handle his own shit to me that's gangsta

as far as contradictions we all contradict our selves in life it's part of growing but as far as rappers they all do, from nas to ice cube to common even, rick ross is a walking contradiction .... however with pac he was a wild dude cause he was a target & he was surrounded by real gangstas

hell yea the nigga was angry but he seen all sides of the spectrum & rapped about it he showed us that he was human that's real & that's why so many relate & are fans, he put his soul in it, IMO that is why he is the best, if we are going with technical skill & lyricism I'm gonna go with G-RAP, RAKIM & yes SUNNY PUN i'M PURTO RICAN NIGGA what you expect i'm fuckin bias

alot other rappers portray that super thug gangsta on top of the world shit like they cant get it

Audio System/Diamond ShaolinDarts's Avatar

People just have to accept that every once in a while an artist comes along that just captures a mood and fans love the artist for it. No point analysing his shit. It doesn't really have much logic to it. He said in interviews that he was mad at Biggie that once he told Biggie that you make shit for the females and then the males buy your cd too and then Biggie went ahead and made singles that got him play. Yet this is the same guy saying this (and doing it) that also had a song called Bendas got a baby. Social commentary or just a song for females to buy his cds?
    That's why we do the do, just know who is who, acknowledge me all day, and understand Wu is Wu - Chef Raekwon

I'm hood ornaments, junkies win awards in my tournaments - Chef Raekwon

Non Ignorant Math Team

ok i respect all ur opinions but i cant really think of a guy that highly just cuz hes popular for saying how he felt without thinking it through like many others do.

i know this is very extreme but a good example is hitler. he was very popular in germany during his time and he shouted how he felt (his brain was far more twisted than pacs though) and was liked by many. but i dont like him cuz of what he said and how he acted.

another good example is eminem. lots of people say how real he is etc but he made 2 songs against kim and that probably destroyed kims reputation in public etc. lots of people are on his dick so when most people see kim theyre not gonna like her. imagine living ur life with lots of people looking at you and not liking you. thats tough. yes u can try and say 'but eminems just keeping it real' but he crossed the line. i dont like every1 i meet but i dont go up to them and try and upset them.

the same thing can b said about pac. i like how he started in 2pacalypse now with songs like 'brendas got a baby' but later on he just became a pissed off guy who started shouting thug life and most of his stuff was crappy gangsta shit. he went 4 mainstream appeal and 4got his roots. i think biggies mum once said pac made up that whole beef shit just 2 increase album sales between biggie and pac.

and then theres other more humble rappers but no one pays attention cuz they dont have the concentration to admire their craft. but i think theyre far better.

in the end people can go down the route of saying 'he connected to so many and people loved him' is that always a good thing though. u have to question why are these people connecting.

i remember something nietzsche said which is very fitting but i 4get what exactly it was but it was something about how the greatest sounds are quiet ones which only alert minds can pick up whereas most people are only attracted to loud sounds cuz they can notice the quiet ones.

NON-IGS

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Niggaz like yall will never understand.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

yes we'll never understand, 2Pac was that lyrical genius and most people don't get how he's lyrical.

don't come with bs like 2Pac wasn't about lyrics, a rapper in the 90s has to have some lyrical content and he wasn't good lyrically. he spoke for the people but that doesn't make him the greatest.

This was more emotional told than any Tupac song ever made plus it has lyrics and the beat is a classic. Ghost needed 1 emotional track to shit on Pacs discography. Also Dilated People Worst comes to worst.

I'm cool cause I listen to Dear Mama.

i feel like this & a lot of niggas i kno feel like this he was the peoples advocate he was our voice the closest thing to a Huey P or a Malcolm X of my generation coming up we had no voice & he filled in that void some what cause when you heard him speak on certain issues it was like wow that's exactly how i feel, nah mean!

the same thing can b said about pac. i like how he started in 2pacalypse now with songs like 'brendas got a baby' but later on he just became a pissed off guy who started shouting thug life and most of his stuff was crappy gangsta shit. he went 4 mainstream appeal and 4got his roots. i think biggies mum once said pac made up that whole beef shit just 2 increase album sales between biggie and pac.
    look what happen to him all around the same time politicians try to censor him & band his music, he is set up on BS rape charge, get set up robbed & shot 5 time the nigga could of died their only to go to jail & your so called homiez basically leave you to rot, i think you be angry too

no he was not the greatest most lyrical rapper but he did have lyrics & a ill flow nigga could ride any beat, dope voice, mad charismatic and he spoke on some real issues, when he spoke you wanted to hear what he had to say next weather you liked him or not

again look@ what he accomplished in five years, nobody did that back then no one, I don't understand how you can shit on this man's legacy, RIP PAC my nigga

Peace fuckers
    Last edited by $inista; 08-23-2012 at 12:01 AM.

Non Ignorant Math Team

Quote Originally Posted by $inista View Post
    i feel like this & a lot of niggas i kno feel like this he was the peoples advocate he was our voice the closest thing to a Huey P or a Malcolm X of my generation coming up we had no voice & he filled in that void some what cause when you heard him speak on certain issues it was like wow that's exactly how i feel, nah mean!

look what happen to him all around the same time politicians try to censor him & band his music, he is set up on BS rape charge, get set up robbed & shot 5 time the nigga could of died their only to go to jail & your so called homiez basically leave you to rot, i think you be angry too

no he was not the greatest most lyrical rapper but he did have lyrics & a ill flow nigga could ride any beat, dope voice, mad charismatic and he spoke on some real issues, when he spoke you wanted to hear what he had to say next weather you liked him or not

again look@ what he accomplished in five years, nobody did that back then no one, I don't understand how you can shit on this man's legacy, RIP PAC my nigga

Peace fuckers
    by what he accompolished do u mean he put out lots of albums and songs. lots of those songs were filler. just look at AEOM. whole thing is almost filler. i prefer quality. i prefer ghostfaces work between 93 and 97.

the issues he spoke on were pretty simple tbh. public enemy spoke on bigger issues that were more important.

all i see in him is a charismatic voice. thats all.

NON-IGS

^... on the real he touched on some of the same issues as PE so what you talking bout & what the fuck would you kno what is really going on anyway you are across the fucken pond AEOM ill as fuck
    what's so simple, shit only got worse To Be Honest simple for you cause you don't got to deal with it, its entertainment for you that's all . shit is real out here for us regular cats as well some of these rappers

Non Ignorant Math Team

Quote Originally Posted by $inista View Post
    ^... on the real he touched on some of the same issues as PE so what you talking bout & what the fuck would you kno what is really going on anyway you are across the fucken pond AEOM ill as fuck
    what's so simple, shit only got worse To Be Honest simple for you cause you don't got to deal with it, its entertainment for you that's all . shit is real out here for us regular cats as well some of these rappers
    public enemy talked about things u had to research and look up on. pac just said obvious stuff every1 knew. immortal tech also talk about more complex things but he doesnt research properly so he speaks nonsense.

i know what happens in other parts of the world lol. AEOM was made for commercial appeal with nothing really special about it.

even if im not dealing with something im pretty sure i can still understand factors of it.

NON-IGS

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Below are two niggaz who are lost, you will never understand.

by what he accompolished do u mean he put out lots of albums and songs. lots of those songs were filler. just look at AEOM. whole thing is almost filler. i prefer quality. i prefer ghostfaces work between 93 and 97.

the issues he spoke on were pretty simple tbh. public enemy spoke on bigger issues that were more important.

all i see in him is a charismatic voice. thats all.
    You're doing your best to downplay Pac. He was a voice for the people. So what if PE spoke on more issues, PE fucked with Pac too, stop trying to downplay him for your bs reasons. You're worried about song quality, he did shit outside music too. You & the genius are lost. Pac is not even in my top 25 but you can't deny facts.

Quote Originally Posted by THE GENIUS View Post
    yes we'll never understand, 2Pac was that lyrical genius and most people don't get how he's lyrical.

don't come with bs like 2Pac wasn't about lyrics, a rapper in the 90s has to have some lyrical content and he wasn't good lyrically. he spoke for the people but that doesn't make him the greatest.

This was more emotional told than any Tupac song ever made plus it has lyrics and the beat is a classic. Ghost needed 1 emotional track to shit on Pacs discography. Also Dilated People Worst comes to worst.

I'm cool cause I listen to Dear Mama.
    Smh all you're worried about is lyrics, he wasn't as lyrical as J-Live so he's not that good right? He didn't need to be extra clever to get his message across. DMX is another great example, says some simple ass shit but it's deep as fuck. DMX>>>>>>J-Live. You can cry about what i said in another topic.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

The average hip hop head don't know the difference between being technical and lyrical, so this debate is pretty much pointless tbf. Some people will always be saying 2pac is simple and couldn't hold a candle to Inspectah Deck, while others will be saying Deck is wack as fuck - and both persons can base their arguments in lyrics.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones
    I didn't like it because of the beats.

Non Ignorant Math Team

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    Below are two niggaz who are lost, you will never understand.

You're doing your best to downplay Pac. He was a voice for the people. So what if PE spoke on more issues, PE fucked with Pac too, stop trying to downplay him for your bs reasons. You're worried about song quality, he did shit outside music too. You & the genius are lost. Pac is not even in my top 25 but you can't deny facts.
    doing shit outside music doesnt make u a better rapper.
    rapping is all about music.

i'll tell u the basic reason why every1 likes pac so much. its cuz he had massive media attention and he had a charismatic voice. thats it. how he wrote/his writing style wasnt more emotional than others. masta killa wrote more emotional lyrics. people dont even really like pac for his message. most people like his commercial albums like AEOM not his conscientious stuff like 2pacalypse now.

at the end of the day lots just like him cuz hes in the media everywhere. in the future lots of people will like lil wayne and say shit like he was the voice 4 the people. does that make him great

pac>>>>>>>>>>>>>>lil wayne tho

what are these supposed facts that im denying

NON-IGS