Thread: Rumor: Next Fallout Game Set in Boston?

Default Rumor: Next Fallout Game Set in Boston?

http://uk.pc.gamespy.com/pc/fallout-3/1225810p1.html

If Bethesda's pattern holds true (The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion released in 2006, Fallout 3 in 2008, Skyrim in 2011), the studio will now shift its focus back to the Fallout franchise. And if recent rumors are to be believed, players will be taking their Pip-Boys to Boston for post-apocalyptic adventure and chowdah in Fallout 4.

Fallout fans have been speculating about a Boston-based sequel ever since "The Commonwealth" was mentioned by a number of characters in Fallout 3 and its expansions. According to Reddit poster Fallout4Boston, that speculation is on target:

"The rumors are true, Fallout 4 will take place in Boston. In case you haven't heard, Bethesda has recently been scoping out and researching Boston. They also have a strong connection to MIT. I may or may not be an MIT employee. But that's really all I can say for fear of losing my job. I am telling you it will take place in Boston. Whether you believe me or not, how do you feel about a Fallout Boston?"

Bethesda has declined to comment on the rumor, but given the lore behind The Commonwealth, most notably "The Institute," it's certainly feasible the next Fallout will be set in and around Boston. From the Fallout Wiki:
    The Commonwealth is what is left of the pre-War American state of Massachusetts in New England. While traditionally called a commonwealth in itself, before the Great War, Massachusetts was also part of the New England Commonwealth of the United States in the alternate history of the Fallout universe. Most of it is a war-ravaged quagmire of violence and despair like much of the rest of the former United States, but it is also where the mysterious Institute is located.

The Institute is likely the descendant of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Little is known about The Institute other than that the scientists working in the sealed environment possess highly advanced technology and technological skills. The Institute has created true artificial intelligence (AI) and is capable of manufacturing androids, also referred to as "synths" - short for "synthetic human."

Another organization active against The Commonwealth, the Railroad, functions in direct opposition to the Institute. Named in honor of the Underground Railroad, the Railroad's mission is the rescue and salvation of synthetic humanoids primarily, though enslavement as a whole is also fought against.

There is a special branch of The Commonwealth Police called the Synth Retention Bureau. It is tasked with recovering synths that attempt to escape from the Institute.
    Sounds like the stage is already set for Fallout 4 in The Commonwealth. As a Boston native, I'd love to see it happen, particularly now that the new Creation Engine is up and running. Bring on the Fenway Park Fortress, the Big Dig/Central Artery Tunnel underground, and the Wicked Smaht perk!

Just a rumor but hope we get an announcment soon!

Wherever they set the game, it's gonna be another superb installment!

Definatly! Wouldn't be suprised if it comes out for next gen systems now though

Wherever they set the game, it's gonna be another sub standard piece of shit that only comes close to being fun after applying countless of mods and twenty seven patches fixing all the bugs and performance issues.
    "I hate them and I wish death among them!" - Mahatma Gandhi

wherever they set the game, ill line up the second it's released and waste 100 hours of my life afterwards

^ That's 100 hrs BEFORE they bring out the dlc!!! hahahaha

MAnggg..I can't wait

new vegas was a stagnant effort to me.. hope they improve the engine and graphics a bit, but i'll play the hell outof it either way