Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Iceman (true story based on Richard Kuklinski)

meet me in the lobby TommySuits's Avatar

Default The Iceman (true story based on Richard Kuklinski)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdxKdtt1PjU

this movie is going to be nuts! has anybody seen the documentary on him? crazy shit

here's the documentary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psoq8...eature=related
    Last edited by TommySuits; 09-07-2012 at 03:56 PM.

I remember him from years back, and recently I saw a story about him on the Evil I show.

sry guys...i tried embedding like 3 times and i still cant get it right

^^

Movie trailer:

Documentary:

BITE YO FUKIN HEAD OFF JIGSAW45's Avatar

This dude is RUTHLESS! Saw a doc on him years ago on HBO.

is this shit out yet?is it online to watch ?been looking forward to seeing it for ages now.

saw this at the local indy cinema couple days ago. i had no idea about this dude going in the theatre. matta fact, i thought it was about some mafioso notorious for movin crystal meth back in the day, somewhat like that movie "Blow" LOL...

anyway, shit was on point. solid acting from all the cast, Michael Shannon gives a great performance and of course Ray Liotta rarely disappoints. Ross from Friends has a small role, Stephen Dorff has a smaller role as the iceman's locked up brother, Wynona Ryder was convincing as the wifey and James Franco has a cameo as well.

it aint no instant classic or nothin but def. worth watching.

peace.

saw the documentary on the actual dude when I was about 13 or 14 on HBO. He still looks mad creepy even as an old guy.

PRODIGAL SUN

So, this leaked over a week ago. What did everyone think? I thought it was about a 7/10 on the movie scale.

Michael Shannon was perfect for the role. I was a bit disappointed that they didn't show more of his killings that he's mentioned in detail in documentaries over the years. I guess you can't tie all his 200+ crimes into one movie. I was thinking of the crime he told about in one of his documentaries where he snapped because 3 teenagers were horsing around driving down the street and that pissed him off, so he caught up to them and killed them. I guess they showed his tendency to snap in other known crimes during the movie.

The supporting cast was also great in the movie. The scene with James Franco was awesome and leading into that scene was setup well. Chris Evans as Mr. Freezy was well done and Ray Liotta lately has seemed like he mails in his acting (ie. The Place Beyond the Pines) but not in this movie. David Schwimmer was a bad casting call, as I'll forever seem him as Ross in Friends.

Anyways, the storyline was alright and I'll definitely watch this again, but I felt like it lacked something to be a great movie. It was like a watered down Donnie Brasco. Perhaps, the fact that this wasn't in theaters nationwide probably hurt it quite a bit and others saw flaws in it too. I actually was expecting more violence.

Quote Originally Posted by JIGSAW45 View Post
    saw the documentary on the actual dude when I was about 13 or 14 on HBO. He still looks mad creepy even as an old guy.
    Lol. Ill never forget those docs. Dude was thoro as hell.

-

Default Michael Shannon And Ray Liotta's The Iceman

This is a very good movie and it's based on a true story about a killer in the 60's and 70's in New Jersey and New York. Michael Shannon who was Kim Basinger's boyfriend in Eminem's 8 Mile movie plays The Iceman and he works for Ray Liotta who's a killer. Winona Ryder plays Michael's wife and they have 2 daughters. Chris Evans and James Franco are also in this. White guy who was 50 Cent's friend and he was a cop in Freelancers movie is in this as Michael's friend. I don't know the guy's name.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

-

I liked The Iceman so much, I wanna buy it. Ray Liotta has aged well and he's good at playing a bad guy. If ya'll haven't seen Ray's Unlawful Entry with Kurt Russell and Madeline Stowe, check it out. He plays a dirty cop who is obsessed with getting with Madeline who's married to Kurt. Winona Ryder has aged well also. She still looks young. She's gonna be in Jason Statham and James Franco's Homefront that comes out November 27th.

The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

Huge fan of the documentaries but this movie was too short, a rushed story. They could have done so much more with it and made it a lot better.

Charles Jones it's about time you watch a good movie

A little short but i liked it a lot. Dude did an awesome job as the iceman, the way he talks, manerisms n all that. This movie is a sleeper.

-

Michael Shannon who played The Iceman was Kim Basinger's boyfriend in 8 Mile movie. I haven't seen him in a lot of movies but he did a good job in The Iceman. I just recently saw Ray Liotta in a alcohol drink commercial.