Thread: Apollo Brown & Guilty Simpson "Dice Game" November 13th on Mello Music Group

Veteran Member

Default Apollo Brown & Guilty Simpson "Dice Game" November 13th on Mello Music Group

Yup, Detroit heavyweights making a collabo album together. Hopefully no re-used beats like on Trophies. All songs produved by A. Brown, check it out....

"The other day I opened my physical mailbox and was pleasantly surprised when I seen a joint album from Apollo Brown and Guilty Simpson in it’s packaging, just waiting to be inserted into my car’s dash. After two solid listens, the project is exactly what you think it would be. Tough as nails. And while the album doesn’t drop until November 13th, folks can get a preview of what to expect by hitting the jump and checking the tracklisting."

Mello Music Group is ecstatic to announce Dice Game, a 16 track collaborative album between Detroit’s Guilty Simpson & Apollo Brown. The former’s work with Madlib and Dilla already establish him as one of the current greats on the mic and the latter’s heralded music with OC and his own group, The Left, hint towards a similar path in his own canon. The Motor City titans join forces to create an unabashedly hardcore record, without catering to the club or radio.

The full-length album is rife with aggressive content that does not sacrifice quality and musicality. This is music for OG’s, for heads who hunger for that quality street music before the genre by-and-large made a caricature of itself. Though the block may be getting icy by release November 13th, stay on the corner with a few veterans and shoot a Dice Game.

1. Freezing Dice
    2. Reputation
    3. Let's Play
    4. One Man
    5. I Can Do No Wrong
    6. Potatoes feat Torae
    7. Change
    8. Dear Jane
    9. Lose You
    10. Ink Blotches
    11. Neverending Story
    12. The Cook Up
    13. Truth Be Told
    14. Nasty feat Planet Asia
    15. Wrong Hand
    16. How Will I Go?
    Last edited by Jin10304; 09-12-2012 at 11:51 PM.

dope

wow. this is a great surprise. i had no idea they were collaborating.

guilty is one of my current favorites. cats gully as fuck and can flow.
    "Fuck Wu Tang Corp" - The GZA/Genius

https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell

Instant Purchase...

Incredible lyricist and one of the best producers in the game right now, Apollos catalog is ladened with classic material.

Poet Of The Streets

Day 1 purchase no doubt. Trophies was really dope and this should be no less.

DuncanHine Monument Cakes CEITEDMOFO's Avatar

YO GUILTY SIMPSON HAS SUCH A GOON VOICE, THAT I SCARED SOME NEIGHERBORHOOD TEENS WHEN THEY HEARD HIS VERSE ON THIS TRAcK AS I PASSED BY THEM WIT MY WINDOWS DOWN

NOT ONLY IS IT A SCARY ALC BEAT THAT BUMPS BUT GUILTY HAS A GODLY DEEP VOICE THAT GIVES THESE KIDS THE CREEPS SINCE THERE USED TO HEARING LIL WAYNE N DRAKE ROFL

Old Head, Young Shoulders laolu's Avatar

Woop.