Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is nobody looking for Ghostface?

Banned

Default Is nobody looking for Ghostface?

So Ghost is releasing a new album on Rza's new label Soul Temple Records. Ghost is coming from a major label (Def Jam) and his last few albums have flopped commercially. He was unable to get theodre unit signed to a label and hasn't been able to get the doom/starks album released. even wu-massacre was a commercial flop.

he was/is involved in a lawsuit against Rza but now he signed to a rza start up label???

rza hasn't exactly had his share of luck with record labels since he closed up razor sharp.

wu-tang records
    36 records
    wu-international
    wu music group

is ghostface desperate?

He wasn't able to get the Doomstarks album released because it isn't finished.

I don't think he's desperate. I think he's glad to be off Def Jam, since Def Jam is not a label that allows full artistic control. Ghost is never going to be a hit machine, and he's better off making the records he wants to make without a heavy-handed label getting in the way, so he's better of on RZA's label for now.

RZA needsto just stop tryna resurrect the wu and take his talents to some new fresh artists that could make noise in the game .. like proera and joey badass.. or Flatbush zombies , action bronson etc... kanye cant be the only one wanting a rza beat lol

Wu-Veteran

maaaaaan...quit with all that "is ghostface desperate?" bullshit..
    talkin bout, this was a flop, that was a flop...you way too caught up in the world..what you gotta realize is the so called "industry" doesnt want guys like ghostface {or anyone in the wu} to succeed becuz the industry doesnt own them. ghostface makes classic music everytime, and whether or not it sells as much as mainstream fans view as a commercial flop...it remains that Ghost adds more value to an already incredible legacy. That is all that matters. A Ghost album dropping on a RZA label is some of the best Wu-Tang news in a long time..hope it get handled right, and hope the rest of the clan {minus Rae} follows

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by Artie Lange View Post
    So Ghost is releasing a new album on Rza's new label Soul Temple Records. Ghost is coming from a major label (Def Jam) and his last few albums have flopped commercially. He was unable to get theodre unit signed to a label and hasn't been able to get the doom/starks album released. even wu-massacre was a commercial flop.

he was/is involved in a lawsuit against Rza but now he signed to a rza start up label???

rza hasn't exactly had his share of luck with record labels since he closed up razor sharp.

wu-tang records
    36 records
    wu-international
    wu music group

is ghostface desperate?
    most this info is wrong bozo, ghostface IS on Def Jam Still, this new album being pitched as a adrian younge album featuring ghostface(probably the loop hole in which allows him to drop on soul temple) and doomstarks is wit mf, so i have reason to belive his def jam contract is for SOLO albums. dat being said
    fishcale was considered a flop an sold upwards to 300,000 so u can't really sau WU floped nowadays, when they havent had a plaque since like 01, there albums so good for albums dat don't get promoted , and get released all out of a sudden, with no radio play or promotion. yet they still outsell the likes of fags like birdman baby, and other pop nonsense
    Unloyal Snakes get thrown in boilin Lakes Of Hot Oil

BlessedRThoseWhoStruggle Wu Apprentice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2PAC HOLOGRAM View Post
    What a bitchy thread
    a lot of misinformation in the OP like the above poster pointed out
    "The devil trembles when he knows the body is the temple and God is in you
    It's hard to continue when it's hard to offend you
    He snarls and sets traps, that have you setback
    The last round in this death match
    So strengthen where you're best at
    I promise you won't regret that" - Killah Priest

doomstarks is on nature sounds

Record sales don't mean much anymore. If Ghost isn't on Def Jam even better (I thought he was a free agent after his last solo on Def Jam). His last album sold about 30k+. Artists like Wacka Flocka and Tyler the Creator had a lot of hype and both barely passed 100k units sold on their last albums. Unless your independent, you're better off releasing a free mix tape and go on tour to make money these days.

Banned

does anybody know what the hell this is about and where you can watch it

http://nxne.com/2012/ghostface-killa...s-apollo-kids/

Wizard of Poetry could have been a commercial success if Def Jam didn't fuck it up. Song could have had like 7 singles and a ton of videos.

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JEM View Post
    maaaaaan...quit with all that "is ghostface desperate?" bullshit..
    talkin bout, this was a flop, that was a flop...you way too caught up in the world..what you gotta realize is the so called "industry" doesnt want guys like ghostface {or anyone in the wu} to succeed becuz the industry doesnt own them. ghostface makes classic music everytime, and whether or not it sells as much as mainstream fans view as a commercial flop...it remains that Ghost adds more value to an already incredible legacy. That is all that matters. A Ghost album dropping on a RZA label is some of the best Wu-Tang news in a long time..hope it get handled right, and hope the rest of the clan {minus Rae} follows
    ain't that the got damnnnnnnnnnnnnn truth

Quote Originally Posted by 2PAC HOLOGRAM View Post
    What a bitchy thread
    beat me to it.. thanx lol

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kingaaronz View Post
    thanks

yeah, I heard it sucked cuz it was recorded on people's cell phones. does look shitty. I thought it was a documentary on Ghost. that's what I wan to see

I haven't been paying too much attention to all the new news....but I'm glad I checked in today and have another possibility of new Ghost material. I'm not giving up on the Doomstarks possibility because the thought is just heavenly BUT I wanna hear ANYTHING Ghost is putting out. I LOVED theodre unit and a good majority of more fish and fishscale. I'm cheerleading anything that gets out more GFK.