Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I Was Disappointed In Smif And Wessun's Collabo Album With Pete Rock

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2PAC HOLOGRAM View Post
    this album is like audio nyquil and pete rock has been wack since 1994/1995.
    Soul Survivor...1998

Quote Originally Posted by Jin10304 View Post
    I hated SS2 minus a few tracks, NYs Finest was a big major leap of improvement over it. Pete even hates Soul Survivor II
    Lol Pete Rock was supposed to make a instrumental tape with Pete Returns in it or something and he would do this on the SP1200 like he did before. He said he wasn't happy with his last 2 efforts (Soul Survivor II and NY Finest). In the same interview he blasts Kanye's sample game and praises Wu affliated producers and Madlib. I'll post it when I find it, wasn't too long ago when I read it but it was from 2010. He started producing on MPC 2000XL since SS II. Pete was always better with the SP but he got some great beats on SS II.

It sounds a bit commercial but still amazing.

We Good, Just Do It, Give It To Ya, Beef, No Tears, Head Rush (this song destroys anything on NY Finest, seriously), Fly Till I Die, Da Villa, Niggaz Know (the way he did this beat is amazing).

Seriously Soul Survivor II had its bad moments but it was still a very good album 4/5. NY Finest is ok not more, the rapping was very annoying.

Veteran Member

Some songs on NY Finest were produced on the SP1200 as well (although mostly mixed with the MPC). He had a better showcasing of his skills with the MPC on NY Finest.

"Head Rush (this song destroys anything on NY Finest, seriously)"

Gangsta Boogie
    Comprehend
    Made Men
    Till I Retire
    Best Secret

Quote Originally Posted by Jin10304 View Post
    Some songs on NY Finest were produced on the SP1200 as well (although mostly mixed with the MPC). He had a better showcasing of his skills with the MPC on NY Finest.

"Head Rush (this song destroys anything on NY Finest, seriously)"

Gangsta Boogie
    Comprehend
    Made Men
    Till I Retire
    Best Secret
    Made Men and Best Secret are great as instrumentals, the way it should have been. The bass in Best Secret is classic Pete bass 92.