Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Wu-Tang ever releasing a last group album ?

Le Maître de la Vie Gitche Manito's Avatar

8 Diagrams is very nice and I like the production on Wizard of Poetry.
    Comme les anges à l'œil fauve
    Je reviendrai dans ton alcôve
    Et vers toi glisserai sans bruit
    Comme les ombres de la nuit.

We need last proper CD from Wu Tang!

Wu 4 Ever! peace
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

I talked to RZA on skype today. He said they're already 8 songs deep into the new album. They have 6 more to do and it'll be done. Tentative release date is 10/15/14. That's what the RZA said yo..on skype

Wu-Tang Martial Expert

How can anyone like 8 Diagrams?

The beats on 8D were terrible compared to the beats on Wu-Tang Forever and 36 Chambers and the early solos....

RZA needs to come with that crazy off key shit again like he used to use on songs like For Heavens Sake.....
    "A SPACE KNIGHT LIKE ROM, CONSUME PLANETS LIKE UNICRON, BLASTIN' PHOTON BOMBS FROM THE ARM LIKE GALVATRON......"

Munching eyes since 1989 Edgar Erebus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatron97 View Post

The beats on 8D were terrible compared to the beats on Wu-Tang Forever and 36 Chambers and the early solos....

RZA needs to come with that crazy off key shit again like he used to use on songs like For Heavens Sake.....
    No he doesn't.

He doesn't need to because he makes enough money off his old releases and off his soundtrack work.

He doesn't have to because he doesn't have to do anything. He's an artist, he can make whatever the funk he wants to. You as a fan can buy it if you like it or not, but you can't act like his conscience and decide what his direction will be.
    "The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatron97 View Post

How can anyone like 8 Diagrams? More like how can anyone suck the dick of the clan members when they said that when all of them had terrible production last couple of years.

Ofcourse it's terrible when you compare it to some of the greatest (Forever, 36 Chambers) hiphop albums of all time, what album today would not be.

Rushing Elephants, Windmill and Life Changes. Need more? Why's there so much hate on 8 Diagrams and not on let's say Iron Flag. That album is also terrible when you would compare it to the first 2.
    Last edited by TheFunkyDrummer; 10-06-2012 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar Erebus View Post
    No he doesn't.

He doesn't need to because he makes enough money off his old releases and off his soundtrack work.

He doesn't have to because he doesn't have to do anything. He's an artist, he can make whatever the funk he wants to. You as a fan can buy it if you like it or not, but you can't act like his conscience and decide what his direction will be.
    Exactly.

SHAOLIN STUDENT

Quote Originally Posted by THE GENIUS View Post
    8 Diagrams was a good album. People on here just followed what the clan said even if it is good.

How are rappers going to hate on RZA's production when they have the worst possible production like Manifesto or Wizard of Poetry.

The album with the best production from the last couple of years is 8 Diagrams.

"Hey Kids, let's hate that guy"

"Ok, you hate him so should I"
    Yeah 8 diagrams is a good album but we talk about the wu, good is not enough. I mean wu is supposed to come with incredible shit not that half amazing shit. Rza can produce better beats but the guy wants to seduce his new hollywood friends so he has lost his soul. I don't give a fuck what Raekwon said, the dude is a faggot. Deck is stupid, he is the guy who messed up his career with terrible beats. He could have become a legend if he had chosen better beats. Ghost is good but I don't like his later job.

Quote Originally Posted by The blackma View Post
    Yeah 8 diagrams is a good album but we talk about the wu, good is not enough. I mean wu is supposed to come with incredible shit not that half amazing shit. Rza can produce better beats but the guy wants to seduce his new hollywood friends so he has lost his soul. I don't give a fuck what Raekwon said, the dude is a faggot. Deck is stupid, he is the guy who messed up his career with terrible beats. He could have become a legend if he had chosen better beats. Ghost is good but I don't like his later job.
    Ok, I agree with most of what you say. I said 8 Diagrams was good because when you compare it to todays shitty music, it's not just good it's great. When you look at it like this is the clan we're talking about, then I can see where you're coming from. But they're moving on just like this generation of shit music. If there is going to be a next album it will probably be worse than 8 Diagrams.

8 Diagrams wasn't perfect album, but it was still nice ! "Sunlight" is one of my fav Wu song ever (I know only RZA spits on it, but I don't care). Lots of song on 8 Diagrams are nice and to be honest I don't know song that is "terrible", even "Get Them Out Ya Way Pa" would not so dusty if you compared it to the today's music....

Platypi on the swarm!! RUSHING PLATYPUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RUSHING PLATYPUS View Post
    I would love to see another WTC album! That said, I seem to like 8 Diagrams much more than most of you.
    Quote Originally Posted by FatherSl!me View Post
    Umm yeah nobody cares
    lol You're a miserable little faggot aren't you?

im genuinely looking forward to any new wu music because they are the best rap group of all time.

they haven't made a bad album, okay iron flag and 8d ain't classic, but they're enjoyable albums. i'll be glad if they get their shit together.

SHAOLIN STUDENT

I think that I used to hear good shit so I can't get used to hear average beats. I was a wu fan because they could bring the head. From 93 to 2000, they produced so many incredible shits not only Rza but the wu-elements too. I know hip hop has fallen off. Today the hip hop shit really sucks, that music is really soulless. I don't listen the hip hop music of this generation, it's pure garbage. As someones say 8 D is a modern classic but for me it's not what I expected to. Even if I should admit that Rza produced some of the most incredible beats of the whole hip hop history. He produced some of the greatest hip hop albums of all the time and I know his time is over. But I believe he can bring the heat once again if he wants. But the dude is focused on another chamber, the hollywood chamber. As an artist I understand that but as a fan, it's really hard to respect that choice. I want the spirit of the Rza not this soulless motherfucker of Bobby Digital.

nada ignorante

Bobby Digital>>>>>>The RZA

8 diagrams was a nice album stop hating you fucks.
    N.I.

Le Maître de la Vie Gitche Manito's Avatar

Only Wu related albums I'm really looking forward to are The Man With the Iron Fists soundtrack and Killah Priest's Psychic World of Walter Reed.
    Comme les anges à l'œil fauve
    Je reviendrai dans ton alcôve
    Et vers toi glisserai sans bruit
    Comme les ombres de la nuit.