Thread: Pete Rock & CL Smooth To Go On Tour In London

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

Default Pete Rock & CL Smooth To Go On Tour In London

Pete Rock & CL Smooth rejoin forces to celebrate the 20th anniversary of their album "Mecca and the Soul Brother."

Pete Rock & CL Smooth's reunion is a work in progress, but it is moving along.

The duo has announced that it will reunite in London in celebration of the 20th anniversary of their album, Mecca and the Soul Brother.

Rock and Smooth announced in December 2011, during a performance, that a new album was in the works. A new album would be their first in 18 years.

The London performances will take place on October 28-30 in the city's Jazz Cafe.

There is currently no indication whether the tour will feature new material, or will focus on Mecca and the Soul Brother.
    We do it for the people.

Thanks for posting this, finally some real news for hiphop music. I don't think they'll be doing new songs tho since their album isn't ready yet. I think after the album is finished (if it is going to happen hopefully), they will do a tour for that album.

If they're going on a tour I hope they sorted out their differences and don't go on a tour like Wu did when there was all the fighting and arguments backstage.

Pete once said in some interview that he thought CL Smooth was negative, that's why he couldn't go on working with him.

Non Ignorant Math Team

cool shit

NON-IGS

Old Head, Young Shoulders laolu's Avatar

Will be there.

Veteran Member

album isn't happening anymore, Pete cancelled/quit a long time ago in a interview with Camp Lo. BUT they have a new song out..."Ask About Me"

Wasn't produced by Pete Rock bro.

Veteran Member

I see..doesnt really matter though because its still relevant to the thread since its a new song possibly from CL Smooth's new LP

-

That sucks that Pete and CL aren't gonna do another album together but it's nice that they're touring. So they must've settled their differences. If they can tour, they might as well do a album. Their fans would love that. CL Smooth shouldn't do anymore solo albums if he isn't gonna have good beats. His American Me album is terrible. He's one of my favorite rappers though.

Veteran Member

Naw they cant work together, touring is easier than to create a new LP. They both have big ego's & constantly blame each other for their own demise of the group. They're another Phife/Tip