Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Wu-Tang Clan – Six Directions of Boxing

Quote Originally Posted by THE GENIUS View Post
    What I was trying to say is that he can't keep up anymore and just cause G Rap and Rakim can do it, doesn't mean GZA can do it as well. Those 2 are some of the greatest when it comes to flowing on a beat. I don't think he's doing this on purpose, his flow was great until Legend of Liquid Sword. Grandmasters had General Principles, GZA killing it but you could already see on that album that his flow got a bit worse. Pro Tools got worse but still a very enjoyable album but his delivery on 0% Finance ruοned it. 4 Years after Pro Tools it's the worst performance on a track. I don't expect better on his next album but I'm glad with the albums he made so far.
    Gza sounds worse on here than he ever did on grandmasters.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

Quote Originally Posted by TAURO View Post
    Gza sounds worse on here than he ever did on grandmasters.
    He definitely sounds worse here. I was saying that on Grandmasters you could see he began rapping a bit slower. It wasn't bad. Grandmasters is an amazing album.

A rapper should be able to flow and have a delivery. GZA's delivery is shit right now, guess he's too old
    He can do it live but he's a tard that chooses to rhyme like he drank 3 bottles of NyQuil on record.

Gza has had a history of alcoholism so u might wanna take that into account..Gza still got it

Veteran Member

The production on this one has grown on me. At first I was a bit let down that it wasn't something hard hitting, but Frank Dukes came through with something dope. The verses are all heat (apart from GZA's delivery).

Quote Originally Posted by Jin10304 View Post
    "Does this mean 'cream' and 'click click' ain't wu-tang songs? Thanks for the lesson."

They're Wu-Tang songs, but in a sense not Wu-Tang CLAN songs. First, this track was advertised by RZA as having the WHOLE Clan on it. Even in the tracklist it says (feat Wu-Tang Clan) so there was a big reason people wanted to hear this. Plus as the previous poster said, this is the first CLAN track in 5 years. That was in 2007 when the last Clan track was "Watch Your Mouth" when it had all remaining members on it (ODB was dead & Cappadonna wasn't an official member at the time) so I guess he was assuming this was to follow suit which it didnt because it lacked 3 members. Enjoy your lesson
    What RZA said was that the soundtrack CD featured the entire clan. Which it does. That much is true.

lol "corny NY song"

Get the fuck out of here.

And wtf @ the dude saying it doesn't have everyone on so it aint a Wu Tang Clan song. Really? lol

Song is hot. GZA's muffled sound bothered me more than his delivery.

Not a classic but a step in the right direction.
    The brutal offspring of Conan and Red Sonja.

Quote Originally Posted by FasterBlade View Post
    what does this even mean? this board has the worst band of trolls ever, no wonder the artists fucking hate it
    Haha yeah, song is a banger though.

Veteran Member

RZA-"We got the whole Wu-Tang Clan, and I'm proud of that, because we haven't been on one record in a long time like this. Even GZA's on it, Method Man, everybody."

Considering this was only a movie sountrack & RZA's previous track record of using various artists on his compilation, its not like the whole Wu were going to be everywhere on this like a Clan album. From RZA's context, he seems excited that he got the "whole" Clan on "ONE RECORD" since FasterBlade mentioned, they havent done something like this since 07's Watch Your Mouth. Evening when mentioning GZA on the track, he was basically referencing "6 Directions" since that was only song with him on it as being happy to have done it.

FRESH FISH

Wow, this shot is way doper than i ever expected it would be.. U-God just ate that beat

Non Ignorant Math Team

What I was trying to say is that he can't keep up anymore and just cause G Rap and Rakim can do it, doesn't mean GZA can do it as well. Those 2 are some of the greatest when it comes to flowing on a beat. I don't think he's doing this on purpose, his flow was great until Legend of Liquid Sword. Grandmasters had General Principles, GZA killing it but you could already see on that album that his flow got a bit worse. Pro Tools got worse but still a very enjoyable album but his delivery on 0% Finance ruοned it. 4 Years after Pro Tools it's the worst performance on a track. I don't expect better on his next album but I'm glad with the albums he made so far.
    hes doing it on purpose cuz cilvarings told us that gza wouldnt do a hype verse at first on cilvarings project cuz gza said 'i dont rap that way anymore'. but later cilvarings convinced gza to do a verse with lots of energy and it sounded far better.
    Last edited by cj wisty; 10-13-2012 at 05:46 PM.

NON-IGS

"Cherry head gay lords" lol

good song

What the fuck has happened with GZA's flow? He's one of my fav rapper ever, but he sounds not good on it ! The lyrics are good, but ain't no flow on this track.

But fuck it and I'm still waitin' for Dark Matter & Liquid Swords II 'cus I believe that GZA can do a dope shit

Quote Originally Posted by rakimkoolgrapwutang View Post
    hes doing it on purpose cuz cilvarings told us that gza wouldnt do a hype verse at first on cilvarings project cuz gza said 'i dont rap that way anymore'. but later cilvarings confused gza to do a verse with lots of energy and it sounded far better.
    I know that much from the It's Coming thread, but that doesn't matter to me. Plus GZA's verse might have some energy, but I want to hear the full track and see how it sounds. He's not going to flow like he did on LS that much is sure. Maybe GZA tried 20 times and finally had a worthy delivery. How come Wu-Tang was hating on RZA's beats and not on GZA's delivery. What's the purpose of writing the most mindblowing lyrics when your flow sucks.
    GZA has to open his eyes or just quit making music and become a writer or something.

So..Ghost's on this? Can't see him mentioned in any comment on this thread.

(trying to avoid pre-releases on this lp)